1 O'Clock on ESPN, Reds vs. Red Sox

Nati Ice

Arroyo's doing pretty good.

Top of the 3rd, Reds up 1-0, Arroyo has pitched himself out of some sticky situations so far. I like him. He appears to have pretty good control over his pitch selection.

Aurilia has the only run on the board with a 1-run shot into left field.

Guest oldschooler
Arroyo had a great game. Let`s hope that those kind of games from him
aren`t few and far between !

I`m alot more excited about Opening Day this year, than I have been since I don`t know when !

Hope my optimism isn`t short lived...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='dieselman44' post='240936' date='Mar 30 2006, 06:08 PM']They might be these new contacts that Nike makes. They are red tint and are supose to be just for baseball players and enhance the sharpness of everything. This id on my brothers baseball team has them.[/quote]

[url="http://www.dentalplans.com/Dental-Health-Articles/Performance-Enhancing-Contact-Lenses.asp"]interesting[/url]

never heard of them until now.... wild shit, right there....
[i]
Baseball players, such as Brian Roberts of the Baltimore Orioles and Ken Griffey Jr. of the Cincinnati Reds, have been spotted with the lenses’ distinctive amber ring in their eye during batting practice and spring training. Roberts has even begun to use the lenses during day games.

Older color contacts merely change the color of the eye, but MaxSight is among the first contacts to have a UV-protective tint covering its entire surface, shielding the entire pupil and iris from sun damage. While contacts do leave the white of the eye exposed, a region less prone to damage, sunglasses can’t even claim to protect your entire eye, as light can enter through the top and sides of glasses.

The amber lens used for fast-moving sports blocks out the “visual noise” surrounding a ball, highlighting the red seams of a baseball and giving hitters and fielders a better view of their target. If a slower-moving game like golf is more your speed, the gray-green lenses help to highlight the various shades of green in a course and eliminate glare.[/i]

Some of you may know this already.

Look at an object approxiametly 10 -15 feet away.

With both eyes open stick your index finger on the object.

Close your right eye, if it moves - you are right eye dominate, it should stay on the clock with

your left eye closed. Of course, everything reversed opposite.

Jason Giambi had something like a 20-15 vision (not sure the proper way), but his right eye was the dominate eye and benifitted him as a lef-handed hitter.

My youngest is a right-handed hitter with a left eye dominance and he is a whole lot better hitter than
his older brother ever was.

Oh Yeah, way to go Arroyo :thumbsup:

Archived