OFFICAL TRADE DUNN THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest bengalrick
i'd say that pena had a better arm than kearns, but didn't have the accuracy that kearns has...

griffey's strength is his accuracy, not necessarily his arm... but he has a decent arm...

and dunn has a noodle arm... he is average at best....

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='245202' date='Apr 7 2006, 10:27 AM']i'd say that pena had a better arm than kearns, but didn't have the accuracy that kearns has...

griffey's strength is his accuracy, not necessarily his arm... but he has a decent arm...

and dunn has a noodle arm... he is average at best....[/quote]

i agree with u BUT when u rate an arm u have to take power and accuracy combined.

So kearns has the best. Pena 2nd, Griffey 3rd, Dunn a DISTANT 4th.

I still don't get how you guys are saying Dunn has a "noodle" arm and is weak...

do you guys watch the Reds? Dunn, in my opinion, throws the ball harder than any of outfielders. If you throw into account accuracy, then obviously Dunn isn't all that great and Kearns and/or Griffey is better.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246224' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:30 AM']I still don't get how you guys are saying Dunn has a "noodle" arm and is weak...

do you guys watch the Reds? Dunn, in my opinion, throws the ball harder than any of outfielders. If you throw into account accuracy, then obviously Dunn isn't all that great and Kearns and/or Griffey is better.[/quote]

no, he really doesn't man.... and yes, i watch the reds religiously...

as far as arm strength goes, he has the worst OF arm on the team...

if he had a better arm than kearns, then why isn't he in RF? that is where you put your best arm in the outfield (except maybe CF)...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='246282' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:50 AM'][quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246224' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:30 AM']
I still don't get how you guys are saying Dunn has a "noodle" arm and is weak...

do you guys watch the Reds? Dunn, in my opinion, throws the ball harder than any of outfielders. If you throw into account accuracy, then obviously Dunn isn't all that great and Kearns and/or Griffey is better.[/quote]

if he had a better arm than kearns, then why isn't he in RF? that is where you put your best arm in the outfield (except maybe CF)...
[/quote]

well obviously we don't have a radar gun or what not to check arm speed... I know he had a cannon for an arm at QB, and everytime I watch him throw a baseball, I feel he has a cannon there as well.

Fuck... I don't know why we are all even talking about this because it's not safe to run on any of our outfielders because of thier arms.

now I'm off to BW3s to root for the Reds because shitty ass Columbus doesn't carry the game today

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246304' date='Apr 9 2006, 12:23 PM'][quote name='bengalrick' post='246282' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:50 AM']
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246224' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:30 AM']

[/quote]

well obviously we don't have a radar gun or what not to check arm speed... I know he had a cannon for an arm at QB, and everytime I watch him throw a baseball, I feel he has a cannon there as well.

Fuck... I don't know why we are all even talking about this because it's not safe to run on any of our outfielders because of thier arms.

now I'm off to BW3s to root for the Reds because shitty ass Columbus doesn't carry the game today
[/quote]

we arent getting the game here in cincinnati :(

Speed isnt all that matters. Distance does too. Dunns arm is weak.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='246349' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:15 PM'][quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246304' date='Apr 9 2006, 12:23 PM']
[quote name='bengalrick' post='246282' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:50 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Everyone on here realizes that ever since Kearns got hurt, his arm isn't the same anymore right?

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246471' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:19 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='246349' date='Apr 9 2006, 01:15 PM']
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246304' date='Apr 9 2006, 12:23 PM']
[quote name='bengalrick' post='246282' date='Apr 9 2006, 11:50 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Everyone on here realizes that ever since Kearns got hurt, his arm isn't the same anymore right?
[/quote]

i havent seen kearns throw a ball in a long time. seems like nothings been hit to RF this season and i really dont remember the end of last year.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

GET RID OF ADAM DUMB........I MEAN DUNN. How in the hell can you call yourself a power hitter that can drive in runs with one swing if you strike out so regularly that I can set a watch to it? You had two guys in scoring position and a 3-0 count, and you fan out to end the inning.

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT???? :rant: :rant: :rant:

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='246590' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:30 PM']:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

GET RID OF ADAM DUMB........I MEAN DUNN. How in the hell can you call yourself a power hitter that can drive in runs with one swing if you strike out so regularly that I can set a watch to it? You had two guys in scoring position and a 3-0 count, and you fan out to end the inning.

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT???? :rant: :rant: :rant:[/quote]

Egg-Zack-ly

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='246614' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:29 PM'][quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='246590' date='Apr 9 2006, 06:30 PM']
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT???? :rant: :rant: :rant:[/quote]

Egg-Zack-ly
[/quote]

i really didnt think anyone would agree with me and both of u guys do...BADASS!!!!!!!!

everyone on here who hates Dunn, and thinks we should trade him cracks me up...

Dunn: 8 Hits, 6 runs, 2 HRs, 5 RBIs, a .381 avg, and a .444 OBP
Griffey: 6 hits, 1 run, 1 HR, 6 RBIs, .240 avg, and a .310 OBP (also has hit into 2 Double Plays)
Kearns: 8 hits, 3 runs, 1 HR, 3 RBIs, .320 avg, and a .346 OBP

Dunn is the only one credited with errors... however, if you watched todays game, Griffey had a sure error that didn't get counted for some reason, and Kearns hasn't played a stellar RF either if you watched last nights game.

Baseball isn't all about a strikeouts and fielding fellas... Dunn is the prototypical number 4 hitter, has better stats so far than any of our outfielders, but some on here seem to think we should trade him... He isn't on this team to play defense, he's on this team to drive in RBIs, and score runs. He has more hits, more runs, a better avg, and a better OBP than any of our outfielders.

I honestly don't think you guys watch the games sometimes...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246647' date='Apr 9 2006, 08:35 PM']everyone on here who hates Dunn, and thinks we should trade him cracks me up...

Griffey: 6 hits, 1 run, 1 HR, 6 RBIs, .240 avg, and a .310 OBP (also has hit into 2 Double Plays)
Dunn is the only one credited with errors... however, if you watched todays game, Griffey had a sure error that didn't get counted for some reason, and Kearns hasn't played a stellar RF either if you watched last nights game.
Baseball isn't all about a strikeouts and fielding fellas... Dunn is the prototypical number 4 hitter, has better stats so far than any of our outfielders, but some on here seem to think we should trade him... He isn't on this team to play defense, he's on this team to drive in RBIs, and score runs. He has more hits, more runs, a better avg, and a better OBP than any of our outfielders.

I honestly don't think you guys watch the games sometimes...[/quote]

dunn can hit like no other... he has a great eye and massive power... he is hitting the ball very well so far this year... so is kearns, and griffey was until the season started, but he will turn it around...

the problem is, he should have 3 errors (if you want to say griffey should have gotten one today... reason being, i was listening to marty when this play happened, and he said that this normal setup usually results in a double, but he did say he didn't agree w/ the rule and thought it was an error... i usually take marty's word for what is happening on these matters...) didn't he let a ground ball through his legs also a few games back?

trading dunn isn't a stupid idea at all, and its not b/c i don't like him... he annoys me, but i do think he makes our offense better... but look at our team... we are 5-2, but its b/c we just had a 4 game series w/ the worst team in at least our division... look at our problems right now... i would say that our offense is STACKED and our starting pitching could actually be strong... if paul wilson comes back later, that is even a little insurance, b/c a healthy paul wilson is a valuable part of a rotation... but our problems are middle relief pitching, closer, and defense... and defense is more than just dunn... we have a third baseman and SS who seem to have problems w/ throwing errors...

so what do we have to trade to get a good closer? dunn might actually do it, if we find the right fit... now relief pitching... we have a host of people like aurillia, larue, ross or valentine... we could package two of those guys, and get a some decent relief pitching... that won't fix the problem, but will help... defense can't be fixed quickly, b/c of our left part of our defense... but replacing adam dunn w/ ryan freel would make our defense a little better...

so far, a lot of people (including myself) have had alot of emotion involved in trading people that we have grown to love... sean casey is still one of my favorite players, but in hind sight, it was the right move... alot of people loved wily mo, but it was the right move... dunn's trade value is very high high and we should use that to our advantage... the new ownership has the luxory of seeing things from the outside, b/c they don't have all this emotion involved like we do...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='246724' date='Apr 9 2006, 10:34 PM']dunn can hit like no other... he has a great eye and massive power... he is hitting the ball very well so far this year... so is kearns, and griffey was until the season started, but he will turn it around...

the problem is, he should have 3 errors (if you want to say griffey should have gotten one today... reason being, i was listening to marty when this play happened, and he said that this normal setup usually results in a double, but he did say he didn't agree w/ the rule and thought it was an error... i usually take marty's word for what is happening on these matters...) didn't he let a ground ball through his legs also a few games back?

trading dunn isn't a stupid idea at all, and its not b/c i don't like him... he annoys me, but i do think he makes our offense better... but look at our team... we are 5-2, but its b/c we just had a 4 game series w/ the worst team in at least our division... look at our problems right now... i would say that our offense is STACKED and our starting pitching could actually be strong... if paul wilson comes back later, that is even a little insurance, b/c a healthy paul wilson is a valuable part of a rotation... but our problems are middle relief pitching, closer, and defense... and defense is more than just dunn... we have a third baseman and SS who seem to have problems w/ throwing errors...

so what do we have to trade to get a good closer? dunn might actually do it, if we find the right fit... now relief pitching... we have a host of people like aurillia, larue, ross or valentine... we could package two of those guys, and get a some decent relief pitching... that won't fix the problem, but will help... defense can't be fixed quickly, b/c of our left part of our defense... but replacing adam dunn w/ ryan freel would make our defense a little better...

so far, a lot of people (including myself) have had alot of emotion involved in trading people that we have grown to love... sean casey is still one of my favorite players, but in hind sight, it was the right move... alot of people loved wily mo, but it was the right move... dunn's trade value is very high high and we should use that to our advantage... the new ownership has the luxory of seeing things from the outside, b/c they don't have all this emotion involved like we do...[/quote]

I love that I have someone with knowledge on here to talk some baseball with... not just football.

Anyways, listen, trading Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, or Wily Mo was inevitable and we all saw it coming. We chose the Wily Mo route, which makes the most sense. Kearns is better at D, and most likely will become a better all around hitter. In my eyes, it was either trade Wily Mo or trade Dunn. Each is the protypical 4 hole hitter. The problem with trading Dunn for a closer, is that we really can't afford to lose Dunns production on offense. Sure guys like Denorifa could step in, but he couldn't fill that gap on offense. Dunn is only going to get better... hell, look at the early years for Derek Lee. Dunn could emerge as one of the games BEST power hitters later on in his career, it is way to early to trade him. Now if we trade Dunn for Houston Street or maybe a Brad Lidge, I could maybe live with that but right now he's WAY to valuable to trade.

Other things you said:
1) we're 4-2, not 5-2
2 I dont think Edwin and Felipe will continue with the throwing errors. I think it's just an early season, early career type thing.
3) I still believe Larue/Valentine and Womack/Aurilia will be dealt within the next week for mediocre bullpen help or prospects.

Worst. Thread. Ever. It seems as if those who know the least about the game are the ones who talk the loudest about it. Trading Dunn for one bad game is just stupid. His good outweighs the bad, and until that changes, he's an asset to the team. If you trade away too many bats, all the pitching in the world won't help you. You get pitching through development, not trading.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='246647' date='Apr 9 2006, 08:35 PM']everyone on here who hates Dunn, and thinks we should trade him cracks me up...

I honestly don't think you guys watch the games sometimes...[/quote]

First off, comparing those 3 was pointless to my argument. I dont like any of them. I personally hate Dunn and Kearns. I will be glad when the 2 of them arent here anymore. I will always root for the Reds no matter who has the jersey, but i hate both of them.

I watch or listen to 97% of the games (work/school fuck it up) and always catch highlights.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='246763' date='Apr 10 2006, 12:14 AM']Worst. Thread. Ever. It seems as if those who know the least about the game are the ones who talk the loudest about it. Trading Dunn for one bad game is just stupid. His good outweighs the bad, and until that changes, he's an asset to the team. If you trade away too many bats, all the pitching in the world won't help you. You get pitching through development, not trading.[/quote]

trading dunn consists of his entire career, not one game (for me atleast).

I wanted this team to keep Griffey and Pena and trade Kearns and Dunn.

I have been waiting for someone to have an educational/informative discussion about the Reds with, but everyone is so set in their beliefs it is really hard.

Anytime you are ready Palmer4HOF lets get going.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='246763' date='Apr 10 2006, 12:14 AM']Worst. Thread. Ever. It seems as if those who know the least about the game are the ones who talk the loudest about it. Trading Dunn for one bad game is just stupid. His good outweighs the bad, and until that changes, he's an asset to the team. If you trade away too many bats, all the pitching in the world won't help you. You get pitching through development, not trading.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Same things I've been saying!

:thumbsup:

Though I dont think they are talking one bad game, but all of his games. He's a number 4 hitter... he does what is expected of him and more.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='246782' date='Apr 10 2006, 01:37 AM']First off, comparing those 3 was pointless to my argument. I dont like any of them. I personally hate Dunn and Kearns. I will be glad when the 2 of them arent here anymore. I will always root for the Reds no matter who has the jersey, but i hate both of them.

I watch or listen to 97% of the games (work/school fuck it up) and always catch highlights.
trading dunn consists of his entire career, not one game (for me atleast).
I wanted this team to keep Griffey and Pena and trade Kearns and Dunn.
I have been waiting for someone to have an educational/informative discussion about the Reds with, but everyone is so set in their beliefs it is really hard.

Anytime you are ready Palmer4HOF lets get going.[/quote]

The comparison among the 3, was that each of them are outfielders. Dunn has been the most productive outfielder so far this season, and by having a thread entitled TRADE DUNN, didn't make much sense to me considering so far he's been our best. I think your hatred of Dunn and Kearns is blinding you in this argument.

To me, I wanted to keep Griffey, Dunn, and Wily Mo and trade Kearns, but I'm thinking not for the same reasons you wanted to. When we opened up our outfielders to trade talks, the Indians offered us straight up Kearns for Westbrook. Personally, I thought his value was much better to us than Kearns would have been. However, the Wily Mo for Arroyo trade makes much more sense to this organization. Wily Mo and Dunn are basically the same player, but Dunn is further along in his development and already shows signs of a star.

After talking to Krivsky, I don't see Dunn being shipped anywhere unless it's for a young star closer (Houston Street, Lidge, etc.) but even if that trade was proposed, I don't see it happening. The only guy I can see being replaced in the outfield is Kearns by Denorfia or Wise. Kearns has potential written all over him, but I've liked what I've seen in both Denorfia and Wise and think either of them could step in a potentially play to the level of Kearns.

With all this being said, the only guys I want to trade right now are Larue and Womack/Aurilia. Phillips was once the most coveted prospect in the game, and I really think we should be trying to get him to play everyday. I know that Krivsky is going to be trying to move one of his catchers, and Larue would bring the most value. I think the only thing you could get for either of these guys is either young prospects, or middle of the road relief pitchers.

Guest bengalrick

what are the weaknesses on this team?

what are are strengths?

what position specifically are we stacked at?

what positions do we need to sure up our team?

when i answer these questions, my conclusion is that dunn should be traded...

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='bengalrick' post='246855' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:01 AM']what are the weaknesses on this team?[/quote]

I`d say the biggest weakness is the Bullpen.

[quote]what are are strengths?[/quote]

Scoring runs

[quote]what position specifically are we stacked at?[/quote]

2nd base and Catcher.

[quote]what positions do we need to sure up our team?[/quote]

Bullpen....specifically Middle Relief and a a true Closer.

[quote]when i answer these questions, my conclusion is that dunn should be traded...[/quote]

Not to me. Dunn provides a solid bat. Yeah he does strike out a lot for my taste.
But you don`t trade the biggest threat on offense, to sure up your bullpen.

It would be like trading Chad Johnson for a Defensive player. Don`t cut off your
nose to spit your face....

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='oldschooler' post='246858' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:09 AM']I`d say the biggest weakness is the Bullpen.
Scoring runs
2nd base and Catcher.
Bullpen....specifically Middle Relief and a a true Closer.
Not to me. Dunn provides a solid bat. Yeah he does strike out a lot for my taste.
But you don`t trade the biggest threat on offense, to sure up your bullpen.

It would be like trading Chad Johnson for a Defensive player. Don`t cut off your
nose to spit your face....[/quote]

not a bad description of our weaknesses and such... but the bullpen is not the only weakness... defense is also... also, i'd say we're pretty stacked at outfield as well as our middle infield, if you include freel back there...

trading dunn might be extreme... but if we're serious about upgrading our team, it might be worth it... he certainly has the highest trade value, and besides offense, doesn't help our team any other area...

Guest oldschooler
Pitching is your best Defense.

Dunn did have a horrible Opening Day defensively.
Edwin Encarnacion had a throwing error that lead
to a 2 run homer by the next batter yesterday.
Sometimes players have bad games, that hurt the team.

Dunns bat helps the Reds more than his glove hurts them.

Anyway the starting pitching has looked solid so far.
They have allowed 21 Earned runs in 35.4 innings pitched.
And 11 of those runs were allowed by Harang.

The bullpen has allowed 17 earned runs in 15.8 innings pitched.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='246866' date='Apr 10 2006, 10:33 AM']Pitching is your best Defense.

Dunn did have a horrible Opening Day defensively.
Edwin Encarnacion had a throwing error that lead
to a 2 run homer by the next batter yesterday.
Sometimes players have bad games, that hurt the team.
Dunns bat helps the Reds more than his glove hurts them.
Anyway the starting pitching has looked solid so far.
They have allowed 21 Earned runs in 35.4 innings pitched.
And 11 of those runs were allowed by Harang.
The bullpen has allowed 17 earned runs in 15.8 innings pitched.[/quote]

i believe your assessment was right on. Dunn helps the team WAAAAY more than hurts the team. As bad as it sounds, if the reds really want to "rebuild" for the future, the best player to trade is Griffey. A team in the AL would love to have him, and we could most likely get some great stuff for him. I'm not saying in any way do I want this to happen, but if the team was serious about dealing away some talent, Griffey would be first to go in my book at this point in time.

Archived