Stealers are the new whiners of the NFL

Rooney: Opposing teams discriminate Steelers fans

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, April 7, 2006

President Art Rooney II said Steelers fans were victims of discrimination last season.
Opposing teams did all they could to keep Steelers fans out of their stadiums, Rooney said, whether it was forcing them to buy tickets for multiple games or by instructing their fans not to sell tickets to people in the 412 telephone area code.

Rooney broached the topic to other owners prior to the NFL's annual meeting last month in an effort to curtail these practices.

"We were not able to get it on the agenda, so I guess we will have to go through another year that Steelers fans will have to scramble to try to find tickets," Rooney said. "We submitted a resolution where we asked the league to consider not allowing teams to engage in some of the practices they were engaging in as we understood it last year, where they wouldn't sell to people calling from the 412 area code and trying to discern who the buyers were and discriminate against Steelers fans ...
Obviously, they can market their own fans and put the effort out to get their own people in the building. But we just felt like, once they put the tickets on sale to the general public, they shouldn't be discriminating against Steelers fans."

With the Steelers coming off of a Super Bowl title, their powerful fan base likely will invade stadiums in Jacksonville, San Diego, Atlanta, Oakland, Cleveland, Baltimore, Carolina and Cincinnati next season.

Rooney will continue to mention other teams' ticket-selling practices at league functions, even though it was not well received at the annual meeting.

"It wasn't received at all, so I guess that tells you something," Rooney said. "It can still come up at the May meeting. We will, obviously, push for that. It turned out that there was probably more on the agenda, and things took longer to get through at this last meeting than we expected. It wasn't the only resolution that didn't get considered. Maybe we will be able to get it considered when we go there in May."

-----------------------------------------------

He cries as much as that bitch Joey Porter.

My friend you are welcome to more than just the trash talk area, we posted this in our main bengals section.

We reseve this area for specificly trash talk.

And calling Joey Porter and Roony crying bitches isnt trash talk, thats fact. ;)

[quote name='KentuckyHawk' post='245727' date='Apr 8 2006, 10:29 AM']My bad, trying to get used to your forums...

In that case...

[b]Ben Roethlisberger is a fucking pussy that couldn't make a pass at a $10 dwarf whore.[/b][/quote]

Still a fact, but youll get it. ;)

Found this rant from a poster on another board that was fitting :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[quote]Apparently, Mr. Rooney thinks his fans have been "discriminated against" relative to the availability of tickets to Steelers fans in OTHER TEAM'S stadiums. lmfao.

Yeah Mr. Rooney, it's called making sure your HOME team has a HOMEFIELD advantage, you whiny, idiotic fuckface! Pound sand up your ass, you putz. Man, who the hell do these people think they are? I'm sick of their team, their fans, and now their owners thinking they have some kinda special privilidges everywhere they go, in whatever game they're in. Thankfully, the rest of the owners are ignoring his silly cries about this, and I would esxpect them to continue to ignore him. What an arrogant prick.

Mr. Rooney, ticket holders can sell THEIR tickets to WHOEVER they want to. Get it? If they want to make sure they don't sell to Steelers fans, well, that's just tough shit for you, eh?

What are you going to do? Make it a crime to NOT sell to Steelers fans if they want the tickets? Sheesh. What an Asshole![/quote]

[quote name='Storm' post='247202' date='Apr 10 2006, 08:12 PM']Found this rant from a poster on another board that was fitting :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:[/quote]

The fucked up part about this whiny piece of shit is: at Ford Field at Super Bowl XL, they were giving those fucking terrible towels away to fans. If a Seahawks fan wanted one, they were charged $10! Rooney you are whiny motherfucker!

Archived