Edwin Encarnacion

dieselman44

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='252279' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:01 PM']i heard he was bad defensively and they considered moving him to the OF, but didnt because of hte log jam Pena caused. Is this true? because if its true we will have a pretty bad defensive infield lol.[/quote]

He actually started off as a catcher but they decided to stick with him at first base because they liked his bat so much. Keeping in the lineup and taking less of a pounding was a better idea.

How he rates defensively?? Don't really know, but I haven't seen anything bad about his abilities anywhere, so I'm guessing he's at least solid there.

As far as the outfield thing, I haven't heard that either. The Pena situation would've had no effect on him given he's been in the low level minors so far. This is his first year above A ball. So know need messing with his position when he was still three years away from the bigs.

All I know is the guy can hit and he should have a solid future in the majors.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='252296' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:22 PM']He actually started off as a catcher but they decided to stick with him at first base because they liked his bat so much. Keeping in the lineup and taking less of a pounding was a better idea.

How he rates defensively?? Don't really know, but I haven't seen anything bad about his abilities anywhere, so I'm guessing he's at least solid there.

As far as the outfield thing, I haven't heard that either. The Pena situation would've had no effect on him given he's been in the low level minors so far. This is his first year above A ball. So know need messing with his position when he was still three years away from the bigs.

All I know is the guy can hit and he should have a solid future in the majors.[/quote]

well if Pena, Kearns, Dunn, Smitherman was meant to be the future, then Votto wouldnt really ever have a shot at the majors, thats what i heard, atleast.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='252359' date='Apr 20 2006, 12:06 AM']Smitherman sucks[/quote]

i know, but he was supposed to be the next big thing a couple years ago lol.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='252321' date='Apr 19 2006, 11:03 PM']well if Pena, Kearns, Dunn, Smitherman was meant to be the future, then Votto wouldnt really ever have a shot at the majors, thats what i heard, atleast.[/quote]

WTF are you talking about?? What those guys were doing at little effect on a guy who was in low A ball at the time, and still won't be ready a couple years from now. NO, there was no mention of him being an outfielder. Your source is incorrect.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='252668' date='Apr 20 2006, 03:52 PM']WTF are you talking about?? What those guys were doing at little effect on a guy who was in low A ball at the time, and still won't be ready a couple years from now. NO, there was no mention of him being an outfielder. Your source is incorrect.[/quote]

well then the Reds are fucked cuz Tim Naerhing told me that and he is part of the scouting team lol.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='252763' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:03 PM']well then the Reds are fucked cuz Tim Naerhing told me that and he is part of the scouting team lol.[/quote]

Yea, Wayne Krivsky was in the process of telling me other wise, but I had to click to call waiting because Adam Dunn was on the other line. Me and Griffey are also going out for beers tonight.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='252791' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:50 PM']Yea, Wayne Krivsky was in the process of telling me other wise, but I had to click to call waiting because Adam Dunn was on the other line. Me and Griffey are also going out for beers tonight.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='252791' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:50 PM']Yea, Wayne Krivsky was in the process of telling me other wise, but I had to click to call waiting because Adam Dunn was on the other line. Me and Griffey are also going out for beers tonight.[/quote]

or the fact that my uncle played with naehring all thru their childhood and my grandpa was the coach along with naehrings dad and they happen to be close friends who visit often..........

• 2 weeks later...
Edwin I do apologize for my hurtful words, and yes this is me eating crow. I like your progress throughout the season and you look like a player that we can use for a long time. Maybe i was alittle to quick to judge you and i do apologize. GO REDLEgS

Guest WhoDeyForever

Edwin has defintaly proved himself...I think hes like in the top 10 in the MLB for RBI's....he also looks to be improving on fielding :thumbsup:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='262145' date='May 2 2006, 04:24 PM']Edwin has defintaly proved himself...I think hes like in the top 10 in the MLB for RBI's....he also looks to be improving on fielding :thumbsup:[/quote]

the throwing is the problem, not the fielding. he has a decent glove but he rushes his throws and has an erratic arm when rushing.

Guest Master Shake
I would also like to say that I was wrong about his BA...I def think he could hit close to .300 sometime in the not too distant future.

Guest ThurmanMunster

im just glad i had faith because i drafted him in one of the last rounds in fantasy baseball and i am reaping the benefits like a mother fucker :) :) :)

Archived