NBA Playoffs

Guest ThurmanMunster

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='259746' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:33 AM']Lakers > Clippers[/quote]

keep making urself look dumber and dumber, u should just stop now while ur ahead. It is pretty obvious the times have changed inte LA and even the fans are showing it now.

[quote name='Paul' post='260989' date='Apr 30 2006, 10:24 PM']:headbang: Wizards won a great game thanks to Gilbert's awesome 4th quater. Comcasts coverage beats the hell out of TNTs coverage. B)[/quote]

I really like Gilbert, dude is a damn good player.

Guest CTBengalsFan
Yea Arenas is amazing, I've been pulling for the Wizards due to my loyalty to all UConn players since they have Caron Butler.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='261124' date='May 1 2006, 06:23 AM']Yea Arenas is amazing, I've been pulling for the Wizards due to my loyalty to all UConn players since they have Caron Butler.[/quote]

Yeah I like Butler as well.

Guest Master Shake
LeBron = the best player in the NBA

Kobe, Dirk, Wade = the 2nd tier (Arenas will join this group if he keeps playing like he did in the playoffs + Dwight Howard will be top 5 in a year or 2)

Best young talent in the NBA since the late 80's, IMO

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Master Shake' post='264711' date='May 6 2006, 10:50 PM']LeBron = the best player in the NBA

Kobe, Dirk, Wade = the 2nd tier (Arenas will join this group if he keeps playing like he did in the playoffs + Dwight Howard will be top 5 in a year or 2)
Best young talent in the NBA since the late 80's, IMO[/quote]

there was some good ass young talent in 93/94/95 with Ghill, Cwebb, Jkidd (namin a quick few, def. way more), they just fell apart/got injured to ruin their careers. Even Jordan said he felt Hill was the most challenging to himself and hten he got hurt :(

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Master Shake' post='264711' date='May 6 2006, 10:50 PM']LeBron = the best player in the NBA

Best young talent in the NBA since the late 80's, IMO[/quote]

LeBron is NOT the best player in the NBA, you have to play defense to be considered the best player.

And Dan, that man shoots like a girl, he gets no respect.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='264941' date='May 7 2006, 12:46 PM']LeBron is NOT the best player in the NBA, [b]you have to play defense to be considered the best player.[/b]

And Dan, that man shoots like a girl, he gets no respect.[/quote]

so true, if i was building a top team id want Artest minus the psycho over Lebron. He can score, pass and defend like no other. Tim Duncan's Spurs always dominate cuz he shuts down opposing PF/Cs too. A ball hog scorer can carry a team to the playoffs, but it takes the true all around players to carry a team thru the playoffs. Look at Spurs and Pistons the last 5 years...

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='264941' date='May 7 2006, 12:46 PM']LeBron is NOT the best player in the NBA, you have to play defense to be considered the best player.[/quote]

LeBron may not be a great man defender, yet, but he is already an excellent help defender, a good defensive rebounder, and a decent shotblocker. He has all the tools to be a lockdown defender and is way ahead of the average 21-year-old in terms of D.
As far as not being the best player, then who is? Obviously short, slow Steve Nash is no better a defender than LeBron, and Kobe just got his ass torn apart by Barbosa. Dirk's not known for effort on D. The only other top guys that are far better on D than LeBron are guys like Duncan and KG, and they're just not as good as LeBron with the ball in their hands. I mean, obviously LeBron's game still has some flaws, but I don't know how you can say you'd take someone else over him.

Guest CTBengalsFan
As much as I hate him, it's Duncan. Kobe is a better defender than LeBron too, and I consider Kobe better than LeBron. I also agree with Thurman that Artest has the potential to be a top player in the NBA if he wasn't so fucking crazy, although he was pretty laid back in his time in Sacramento, and that suspension he got in the playoffs was bullshit.

Of course this could all change as soon as next season but for now I don't think so. Let's also wait to see how he does against the Pistons before we anoint him best player in the NBA.

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='264961' date='May 7 2006, 01:57 PM']:0stfu: He does not shoot like a girl. :rant:
It is more like a Bunny

[img]http://cnls.lanl.gov/~staley/bunny/rabbit.2.gif[/img]

;)[/quote]

I hate him just because of that shot. It's so awkward looking, even though he's a decent shooter, it just looks so wrong. It's like a quick chuck up or something.

THe suns have been my favorite team for my whole life and i love them to death and i loved going to school and everyone saying they sucked and how the lakers were going to beat them and shit when we down 1-3 in the series, so all i did was smile and keep my head up and watched all the games and i laughed in everyones face the next day and people owe me big time money from bets i made. Ill never give up hope in the suns~!

NEXT VICTIM: L.A Clippers

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='264983' date='May 7 2006, 02:38 PM']As long as it works, which it does. Add to that Marion is a pretty good defender.[/quote]

marions defense is very overrated, he isnt that good defensively.

[quote name='cantstop85' post='265046' date='May 7 2006, 06:40 PM']THe suns have been my favorite team for my whole life and i love them to death and i loved going to school and everyone saying they sucked and how the lakers were going to beat them and shit when we down 1-3 in the series, so all i did was smile and keep my head up and watched all the games and i laughed in everyones face the next day and people owe me big time money from bets i made. Ill never give up hope in the suns~!

NEXT VICTIM: L.A Clippers[/quote]

not a chance in hell. Clippers win in 5 max.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='cantstop85' post='265061' date='May 7 2006, 07:33 PM']:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I love it~! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote]

if u lived around here id bet u lunch on it.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='265052' date='May 7 2006, 05:56 PM']marions defense is very overrated, he isnt that good defensively.
not a chance in hell. Clippers win in 5 max.[/quote]

This series could go either way. I wouldn't just leave suns with no chance. I bet it goes down to 6 or 7.

Archived