NBA Playoffs

Guest ThurmanMunster

I was pretty sure that was going to happen last night. Suns were due for a letdown game, after winning those big games against the Lakers. I honestly thought it was going to happen in game 1, but it happened last night. Now it is just a matter of the Suns getting themselves together and going out for game 3 with some fire. They usually play tough after a big loss like that, so hopefully that happens on Friday.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='266616' date='May 11 2006, 09:33 AM']I was pretty sure that was going to happen last night. Suns were due for a letdown game, after winning those big games against the Lakers. I honestly thought it was going to happen in game 1, but it happened last night. Now it is just a matter of the Suns getting themselves together and going out for game 3 with some fire. They usually play tough after a big loss like that, so hopefully that happens on Friday.[/quote]

the problem is the suns dont play defense. The Clippers have shot over 50% in both games because they get ANY shot they want right now. They scored plenty of points in game 1, but they fucked up themselves defensively and blew a chance at winning that game. By switching Ross over to Nash defensively helped big time. It actually made Nash work harder on offense and kept Cassell fresher by not having him chase Nash around. The wild card in the game for the Clippers seems to be Mobley. If he puts up a good game, they should win. Sadly, he isnt the most consistent.

Guest ThurmanMunster
good game, but the end of that game is right there why i rarely watch the NBA. Nash's pushoff. Everyone does it and i swear u get 4 steps when going to the hoop (no one in particular, just in general). I am trying to give the NBA another chacne, but its damn tough. Certain people just abuse people and get away with it and they travel and all kinds of other shit. It would be interesting who the top players in the league would be if the game was ref'd like a college game. I bet the top players would be diff aside from a few.

Good game tho atleast. To bad Rads 3 didnt go down, it was halfway down there.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='267544' date='May 13 2006, 10:19 AM']That shit scared me.

Although on a side note, I can't believe Rad turned down a six year 42 million dollar deal.[/quote]

wow really? what a moron. i doubt anyone else offers him that. he really isnt even worth that deal.

hopefully they resign cassell for another season and find a way to find a 3 point threat and backup PF/C. Thats the 2 needs. I dont like Rad enough for this team as a 3 point threat or a guy to play downlow.

The Suns greatest need was sitting on their bench last night, in a sweet green sport jacket. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

I keep hoping that the team is just playing around with everyone and Amare will actually be ready towards the end of this series. I know it's not true, but it would be great.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='JC' post='267645' date='May 13 2006, 04:18 PM']Havent watched a second of this series
But Lets go Brand Magette and Ewing. Show em whats up![/quote]

sadly ewing doesnt see the floor because i think he could help them some in this matchup.

Guest CTBengalsFan
I like the NBA all around but the NBA playoffs are especially good. A lot of games almost everyday, and its the time when the players actually play their hardest.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='JC' post='268180' date='May 14 2006, 11:27 PM']Big shot Brand.
2-2 Lets go Clippers.

I watched the last 10 seconds tonight...i might be warming up to NBA basketball...a little bit.[/quote]

when they added the new rules in i started liking it more. The problem for me is 1 we dont have a local team, 2 there isnt much televised here and 3 i cant stand most of hte west because they dont play defense at all. I cant stand the teams that just try to score 200 points instead of scoring 95 and playing a little D.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='268190' date='May 15 2006, 12:20 AM']I like the NBA all around but the NBA playoffs are especially good. A lot of games almost everyday, and its the time when the players actually play their hardest.[/quote]

thats my opinion of the NHL playoffs. I dont care for the season but the NHL playoffs are amazing.

The Clips got away with one there. The Suns were outplayed most of that game, if not all, and still almost won. They played like shit pretty much, I was dissapointed with their play, but certainly not their efforts. They have been extremely gritty this playoff season and have give a lot of effort. I just hope they can hit the boards a little harder next game.

Guest Master Shake
Suns/Clips was very exciting, but got really sloppy at the end... D'Antoni is the best coach in the league, IMO, and Dunleavy is fair, but both teams made several mental mistakes in the 4th and OT. Still a great game, tho... Bell's 3 pointer was amazing - crazy elevation and tons of strength against tight D by Ewing.

well well .....the suns are up 3-2 in the series. and i know its not finished just yet, BUT id like to say i told you so to Thurmanmunster cuz as i recall, he said the suns had no chance blah blah blah and how we were gunna lose in 5 yada yada yada . so it seems like the suns have shut everyone up TEMPORARILY until next series when everyone will think that we will be out in 4 or 5 again. SUNS FAN 4 LIFE`!

Guest oldschooler
I`m rooting for a Suns-Mavs Western Conference Final.
And a Cavs-Heat Eastern Conference Final.

Fuck the Pistons ! Fuck the Spurs !

That`s all I`ve got to say about that...

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='cantstop85' post='269629' date='May 18 2006, 07:02 AM']well well .....the suns are up 3-2 in the series. and i know its not finished just yet, BUT id like to say i told you so to Thurmanmunster cuz as i recall, he said the suns had no chance blah blah blah and how we were gunna lose in 5 yada yada yada . so it seems like the suns have shut everyone up TEMPORARILY until next series when everyone will think that we will be out in 4 or 5 again. SUNS FAN 4 LIFE`![/quote]

:) im never going to believe that any of my teams are not going to do very well (cept the reds). Clippers could easily be up 3-2 or even won the series already, but they fucked up a few times, just like the Suns. Even if we lose this round, atleast we are set to be strong for man years cuz once Livingston gets that starting role he is an going to take off.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='269670' date='May 18 2006, 09:09 AM']I`m rooting for a Suns-Mavs Western Conference Final.
And a Cavs-Heat Eastern Conference Final.
[b]Fuck the Pistons ! Fuck the Spurs ![/b]
That`s all I`ve got to say about that...[/quote]

the 2 teams that actually play GOOD basketball lol.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='269778' date='May 18 2006, 12:27 PM']the 2 teams that actually play GOOD basketball lol.[/quote]

Well it seems to me that 2 other teams (Cavs and Mavs)
are playing better basketball at the moment...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='oldschooler' post='269784' date='May 18 2006, 01:45 PM']Well it seems to me that 2 other teams (Cavs and Mavs)
are playing better basketball at the moment...[/quote]

team play will always be better than run n gun (lack of fundamental) ball. Every once in a while a run n gun will win, but team play will always have more titles...

Pistons: 84
Cavaliers: 82

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//18.gif[/img]
Offensive rebounds HUGE for the Pistons in the last minutes of the 4th quarter; and God damn, watching LeBron James pisses me off. It was as if every Cav's posession he took it upon himself to try to charge the lane, draw the foul (of course) and shoot from the line. When it comes to shooting anywhere outside the paint Lebron has done basically jack shit. But then again, I'm sure he knew that whenever he merely brushed jerseys with a Piston defender that he'd get the foul called. Fuck Lebron and all this superstar status bullshit.

Game 7 :headbang:
Back at The Palace. The crowd should be going out of thier minds. Should be a good one.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Jrod' post='270410' date='May 19 2006, 10:09 PM']Pistons: 84
Cavaliers: 82

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//18.gif[/img]
Offensive rebounds HUGE for the Pistons in the last minutes of the 4th quarter; and God damn, watching LeBron James pisses me off. It was as if every Cav's posession he took it upon himself to try to charge the lane, draw the foul (of course) and shoot from the line. When it comes to shooting anywhere outside the paint Lebron has done basically jack shit. But then again, I'm sure he knew that whenever he merely brushed jerseys with a Piston defender that he'd get the foul called. Fuck Lebron and all this superstar status bullshit.

Game 7 :headbang:
Back at The Palace. The crowd should be going out of thier minds. Should be a good one.[/quote]

your a pistons fan?? I thought I was the only Pistons fan here :headbang: ...anyway that was defintaly a scary game at the end...great stretch by Chauncey,Rip, and Sheed...Sheed was bustin them 3's and Rip had all those rebounds B) Go Pistons!!!

Archived