Would YOU do it?

Jason

Homer and Ed for Dontrell  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider trading Homer Bailey and Edwin Encarnacion for Dontrell Willis?

• Hell yeah!
    • Are you nuts?

What circumstances would make you consider it?

I would give it [b]serious[/b] consideration if they are in a close race, and Arroyo and Harang are still pitching well. Replacing Edwin could be problematic, but I think we have good depth. If Rich were having a good enough year still in July, I might just put him at 3b and go for it.

Guest WhoDeyForever
I really dont know...as much as i love D-Train EE is a great player just needs to improve on defense and Homer is going to be a star

Guest schotzee

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='257046' date='Apr 28 2006, 07:58 PM']I say no because in a few years both Baily and Encarnacion could be stars. I wouldn't trade two future all-stars for one current star, then you become the Yankees.[/quote]

The Yankees don't do a lot of trading ,they just buy. ;)

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='257046' date='Apr 28 2006, 07:58 PM']I say no because in a few years both Baily and Encarnacion [b]could[/b] be stars. I wouldn't trade two future all-stars for one current star, then you become the Yankees.[/quote]

Key word=could.

Dontrell IS a star. He IS what Bailey COULD be. It would be hard to pass up. Especially if Milton comes back and pitches well. Could you imagine a rotation of Willis, Harang, Arroyo and Milton?

Guest ThurmanMunster
i wouldnt do this.

Edwin is very important to our future and so is Homer. Dontrelle is a great player, but i feel these 2 provide much more for us than Willis would.

IF they did it, i would like them to agree on a LONG ASS contract b4 the trade is finalized tho cuz Willis will be a free agent in not too long.

If they feel Griffey could be healthy then it would be a possibility because hasnt Freel played 3B in the past? Phillips hasnt played it, but he has gold glove potential at SS and 2B, so i think he could play 3B too. I dont like the trade, BUT it could fix the logjam in the lineup.

Guest bengalrick
potential is a dirty word in baseball (unless your using it to up trade value)... willis is arguably the best player in baseball, or at least top 5... homer bailey is currently our best minor league pitcher and EE is a fine talent, who will be something in about 5 years... neither will be as good as willis is now in their careers, imo...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='257345' date='Apr 29 2006, 06:08 AM']id do this... hell, they can even have dunn or griffey instead of bailey if they want them[/quote]

i wouldnt do this trade BUT id do it in a heart beat if we replaced bailey with dunn or griffey. This team doesnt need Dunn or Griffey that badly. They need pitching much more. Dunn makes too much money for his inabilty to be clutch and shitty defense and K too much. Griffey is too old and injured now. This team can replace them with average players and still hold a pretty decent offense.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='257304' date='Apr 29 2006, 02:13 AM']IF they did it, i would like them to agree on a LONG ASS contract b4 the trade is finalized tho cuz Willis will be a free agent in not too long.[/quote]

This is exactly why I wouldn't make the trade. Willis would be a Yankee after three years meanwhile you've lost our best pitching and third base prospects. If we could get Willis long term :685:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='257523' date='Apr 29 2006, 10:40 AM']i wouldnt do this trade BUT id do it in a heart beat if we replaced bailey with dunn or griffey. This team doesnt need Dunn or Griffey that badly. They need pitching much more. Dunn makes too much money for his inabilty to be clutch and shitty defense and K too much. Griffey is too old and injured now. This team can replace them with average players and still hold a pretty decent offense.[/quote]

The Reds won't get rid of Dunn. The Astros tried to get him last season and Cincy wanted half our team. He's locked into your team for the foreseeable future.

This is a very tough question right here. Weve been looking for a solid 3rd basemen for a few years now and Edwin is starting to become that. Hes young and has a great stick on him. Homer Bailey is our best prospect and could become a great pitcher some day, however, Willis is already a great pitcher. Would we be able to pay for Dontrelle in Cincy?

I would trade Griffey/Bailey for Willis right now though.

I've thought about this for a couple of days before sounding off but I wouldn't do it.

Homer (from what I hear) has the makings of a Dontrolle Willis. I think the Reds have been waiting for thier own pitcher for so long that no way would they trade this guy. I know you're trading potential for already proven, but I'm pretty sure Homer stays, especially since there are already talks he's the best pitcher in our organization at this age. As far as Edwin, I just don't see us giving him up either. It's be sooooo long since we've had a GREAT 3B, and I just don't see it happening.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='KY_Bengal' post='260899' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:25 PM']This is a very tough question right here. Weve been looking for a solid 3rd basemen for a few years now and Edwin is starting to become that. Hes young and has a great stick on him. Homer Bailey is our best prospect and could become a great pitcher some day, however, Willis is already a great pitcher. Would we be able to pay for Dontrelle in Cincy?
[b]
I would trade Griffey/Bailey for Willis right now though.[/b][/quote]

i think we all would, we fix the OF problem and we get what Bailey might be in a few years now.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='261342' date='May 1 2006, 01:09 PM']I've thought about this for a couple of days before sounding off but I wouldn't do it.

Homer (from what I hear) has the makings of a Dontrolle Willis. I think the Reds have been waiting for thier own pitcher for so long that no way would they trade this guy. I know you're trading potential for already proven, but I'm pretty sure Homer stays, especially since there are already talks he's the best pitcher in our organization at this age. As far as Edwin, I just don't see us giving him up either. It's be sooooo long since we've had a GREAT 3B, and I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

We agree AGAIN!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived