ITS TIME FOR E3!!!!

Guest BadassBengal

sony is fucked... too expensive... totally fucked.... no one is dropping $500 on a system...

xobx 360 is pretty much stocked on best buy shelves again, they arent selling out until right before more come in these days, xbox 360 has a year head start of games and fans and USERS, if they had plentiful stocked shelves PS3 wouldnt have a chance.... my first xbox was the 360, i was always a PS kinda guy... but waiting an extra year or so wasnt worth the minimal gain.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266022' date='May 9 2006, 10:27 PM']you sir are officially a badass in my book. u play multiplayer much?[/quote]

not in a long time. but i did. i was decent. i have 2 friends that were real into it though... went to st. louis for some halo tourny and shit. they finished around 45 of 50 teams though. yet they always killed me. it sounds liek your pretty insane at halo though... just from the way you've talked abotu it a few times.

one of the things that makes the differnce to me that stands out in my mind is... halo 1 could get so fucking intense. and halo 2 just never has really done it for me. like one time i puncehd a friend in the face becasue of halo 1. he cheated or something... couldnt really tell you what happened, i forget. but you know when shit gets that intense, and you can get that emotional about it, your playing a damn good game. that aside from all the obvious points you made is what makes halo 1 a better game to me. i think i might have to try and get the friends together this weekend for some system link. one of the best feelings i know of in video games is when youve got one system in the basement, and one system upstairs, and you make some insane kill, and then hear everyone upstairs go "OHHHH"... it doesnt get much better. pwnage at its finest.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='266028' date='May 9 2006, 10:37 PM']not in a long time. but i did. i was decent. i have 2 friends that were real into it though... went to st. louis for some halo tourny and shit. they finished around 45 of 50 teams though. yet they always killed me. it sounds liek your pretty insane at halo though... just from the way you've talked abotu it a few times.

[b]one of the things that makes the differnce to me that stands out in my mind is... halo 1 could get so fucking intense. and halo 2 just never has really done it for me. like one time i puncehd a friend in the face becasue of halo 1. he cheated or something... couldnt really tell you what happened, i forget. but you know when shit gets that intense, and you can get that emotional about it, your playing a damn good game. that aside from all the obvious points you made is what makes halo 1 a better game to me. i think i might have to try and get the friends together this weekend for some system link. one of the best feelings i know of in video games is when youve got one system in the basement, and one system upstairs, and you make some insane kill, and then hear everyone upstairs go "OHHHH"... it doesnt get much better. pwnage at its finest.[/b][/quote]

if u hold a system link id roll up in a heart beat and play. idk how far away u live so id have to mapquest it or something, but its fun as hell to play with other guys. Im on a halo high right now cuz we played last night for like 4 hours. First time i played h1 in like 2 or 3 months. There is 6 real serious players here. Actually 5, but we have a 6th that drives up about 45 minutes to an hour every time we play from Kentucky. Im probably around a tie for 3rd best, but the other 2 are so much better they are going to a 2v2 tourney may 27th at OSU and should win easy. I think im gonna go to it, but me and my partner are just gonna aim for a top 10 finish because some of the top people that we know from all over are going to this tourney.

we've had fights, death threats, friendships lost for a while over halo 1. there isnt shit said during halo 2, but can we please put h1 back in, this game fucking sucks. IF h2 was the first game released then id love it and if h1 was the 2nd one released then it would make sense, but the game just went from great to mediocre. Hopefully halo 3 can revive those feelings we all have while twerkin some h1.

ill let you know if i ever get my friends together to actually have a decent sized system link.

shit... baddass could even come over and get pwnd.

and it'd be a 30ish mintue drive i think. maybe a little more. i just know we used to drive to harrison to play them in football and it was something like that.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='266036' date='May 9 2006, 10:55 PM']ill let you know if i ever get my friends together to actually have a decent sized system link.

shit... baddass could even come over and get pwnd.

and it'd be a 30ish mintue drive i think. maybe a little more. i just know we used to drive to harrison to play them in football and it was something like that.[/quote]

id roll up for a 2v2 lan its not that far of a drive. we didnt start playing last night till like 1:15am. im hardcore ill make the 30 minute drive for 2v2s. I once played at a weekend lan for 13 str8 hours b4 i got up to take a piss lol. I used to go from work to a house to play then home to catch a few hours of sleep and back to work and then back to the house for some halo and then home to sleep b4 work again. I probably spent 1 summer working 40 hours, playing for like 70 hours and sleeping/eating/helping around the house for the remaining hours.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266043' date='May 9 2006, 11:12 PM']id roll up for a 2v2 lan its not that far of a drive. we didnt start playing last night till like 1:15am. im hardcore ill make the 30 minute drive for 2v2s. I once played at a weekend lan for 13 str8 hours b4 i got up to take a piss lol. I used to go from work to a house to play then home to catch a few hours of sleep and back to work and then back to the house for some halo and then home to sleep b4 work again. I probably spent 1 summer working 40 hours, playing for like 70 hours and sleeping/eating/helping around the house for the remaining hours.[/quote]

see... thats absolutly rediculous. you would abliterate any of us (my friends an i)

but regardless... next time i get something going... one of these weekends comming up or something... ill let you know about it.

we could easily go "go-bengals style" and have me, you, badass, and tracenuts playing some halo. shit would be tight.

... if any one sees this and would like to play also... make a post... maybe we could actually get a decent sized gobengals game going on.

Fable 2

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149749&pid=927246"]http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?si...9749&pid=927246[/url]

[quote]Fable 2 First Look
Microsoft teases us with the first trailer for Fable 2.
By Ryan Davis, GameSpot
Posted May 9, 2006 12:47 pm PT
LOS ANGELES--Mere minutes after debuting at Microsoft's pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference, the Fable 2 teaser trailer has been released to the general public. The trailer starts with a tracking shot of a glowing wisp as it flies over a nearly photo-realistic forest. The camera follows as the wisp weaves between trees, passing some crumbled, ancient architecture, eventually finding a hooded woman standing in front of a huge tree who is holding one of those paper flower fortune-telling things from grade school in front of her, though instead of having the names of classmates you have a crush on, it is covered with some cryptic-looking symbols.

As she begins talking directly to the camera about how your story is waiting and how the world is changing, the background literally begins changing, first to an open field, then the ground goes from grass and dirt to brick, with stylized, medieval buildings eventually appearing around her. The camera then focuses in on the paper flower, and the symbols on the inside begin to glow as the camera zooms in. Dramatic orchestrated music begins to swell as the Lionhead Studios logo appears, followed by Peter Molyneux's name, and finally the logo for Fable 2.

The trailer then cuts back to the portentous, hooded lady, who continues playing with the paper flower while talking about the different paths you might take--mind, body, nobility, corruption. With the mention of each path, an ethereal torso appears above the paper flower, pantomiming the nature of each path, though when corruption is mentioned, everything becomes dark with foreboding red tones. A pair of heroes--a woman with a trumpet-barreled pistol and a man holding a lance and wearing a three-cornered hat--is then shown standing over a freshly slain beast with huge, jagged teeth, which ultimately concludes the trailer.

Based on the trailer, the characters seem to have a slightly different aesthetic, taking on a mildly colonial tone, with characters featuring less exaggerated dimensions than the original Fable. Of course, this is simply a teaser trailer, and it would be foolhardy to assume that this is representative of actual gameplay. Even if it is prerendered, the trailer definitely captures the excitement of Fable, and it's got us ready for more.[/quote]

Ya.. Sony is going to fall hard if they keep the PS3 at that price. Nintendo will be the #2 console if the price is right. Maybe microsoft will nail the PS3 coffin shut and drop their 360 price when the ps3 comes out by 50ish or so? Would be nice.. :D

I've always loved classic nintendo games. If what I've read about being able to play classics on the wii is true, then thats the system for me. Got the computer for new games.. but prolly will pick up a 360 for the live play.

some good news to me here...

[quote]In case you haven't already exhausted the Wii homepage today, here is what's under the hood of the console as revealed by Nintendo:

* 512 megabytes of internal flash memory
* two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability
* SD memory card bay to expand the internal flash memory
* "sleepless" WiiConnect24 mode (always-on connection for downloading content etc.)
* PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway") jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM
* Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI (not final we guess)
* Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers
* Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards
* AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video[/quote]

Able to use the old gamecube controllers! The new controllers are wild looking.. :wacko: but probably will be fun playing with friends/parties.

[quote name='Notorious' post='266067' date='May 10 2006, 12:30 AM']Able to use the old gamecube controllers! The new controllers are wild looking.. :wacko: but probably will be fun playing with friends/parties.[/quote]

Oh.. nevermind.. they have different controllers. :headbang:

[img]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/img_con/photo_classic.jpg[/img]

[quote]If there was one highlight of Nintendo's press conference earlier today, it was the Wii Remote. While Sony showed off what games on the PS3 would look like, Nintendo's focus was on what they would feel like. So, it's not surprising that, from the moment a tux-clad Shigeru Miyamoto bounded onstage and conducted a virtual orchestra using the remote, to a climactic tennis game, the unique Wii controller was the centerpiece of the show. So, what did we learn about the Wii Remote today that we didn't already know? For one thing, Nintendo confirmed that the remote does indeed include a speaker, which is used mainly to provide ambient sound connected to actions: fire an arrow, and you'll hear the bowstring being pulled right in your hand. There's also a microphone for voice-controlled gaming. The Wii Remote also includes motion sensors in both the nunchuk and the trigger controller, allowing both left and right hands to act independently and direct onscreen actions. While using the Remote may not be as intuitive and simple as Nintendo's execs want us to believe, one thing's certain: it definitely looks like a fun way to play golf. Or baseball. Or tennis. Or the drums. Or drive a car, truck or plane. Nintendo also had an answer for anyone who isn't quite ready for the Wii Remote: the Wii Classic Controller. We'll stick with the Wiimote for now, but will pick off one of these for when we just have to kick it old skool.[/quote]

[url="http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/09/nintendo-shows-off-wii-remote/"]http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/09/nintend...off-wii-remote/[/url]

Guest ThurmanMunster

uh oh, by nintendo having both controllers they are lookin pretty good now. and that new zelda game looks FUCKING AMAZING i cant wait to play it :)

okay i don't care what you ps3 haters are saying........lets make a compromise hehe........here ya go

[img]http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/706/706168/e3-2006-ea-sports-lab-interview-20060509052027999.jpg[/img]

if the image doesn't show, goto ign.com then to the sports section check out the new pics for madden ps3

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='266076' date='May 10 2006, 01:55 AM']okay i don't care what you ps3 haters are saying........lets make a compromise hehe........here ya go
[img]http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/706/706168/e3-2006-ea-sports-lab-interview-20060509052027999.jpg[/img]
if the image doesn't show, goto ign.com then to the sports section check out the new pics for madden ps3[/quote]

whats funny is i was a sony homer and when the xbox came out i hated it and refused to buy it or play it and now i prefer microsoft to sony and think i will between the ps3 and 360 too.

[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='266076' date='May 10 2006, 01:55 AM']okay i don't care what you ps3 haters are saying........lets make a compromise hehe........here ya go
if the image doesn't show, goto ign.com then to the sports section check out the new pics for madden ps3[/quote]

ok it looks and will be just like madden for the 360

im overly excited for wii.

new zelda... amazing.
super mario galazy... amazing.
new resident evil... amazing.
everything else. amazing.

wii will kick ass. mario... will just be insane. the new controller looks so fun.

360 will always offer games i like and xbox live is so addictive they will stay a front runner i guess.

ps3 is fucked. they have a half assed motion controller... with no rumble... basically same kidn of graphics as 360... and nothing to compete with live. not to mention their price. and a year behind in games. they are fucked.

almost enough to wear i dont even know if ill buy one.

so excited for wii, mario, zelda, and resident evil.

Eventually, people will figure out that great gameplay will last forever, and graphics are temporary.

how much better can graphics get past what they are showing on the 360 and ps3?
If the games aren't fun, there is no point in playing them.

I'll be honest, Halo rocked ass (b/c of the vehicles), and the next Gen Madden look fun, but I simply cannot buy anything from Sony or Xbox.
Microsoft is pretty mercenary in their tactics, and the loading times suck balls.
Sony is even worse. They use cheap hardware which breaks easilly, and stole everything down to the name of playstation from Nintendo.

The Wii will have slightly faster and better graphics than the gamecube (which is enough for me-RE4 and the Metroid Prime games had stunning graphics w/ no load times), an awesome new mechanic which will make it instantly playable, interaction with the best Portable console out, and the largest game library of all time. I'd rather play a ton of small, fun, classic games than 4-5 good new ones.

[quote name='bigfeet4real' post='266278' date='May 10 2006, 03:46 PM']is there ANYBODY here wanting the ps3 other than me??[/quote]

I'm with you......I'll most likely wait on the PS3.....I have a HD TV and will be looking at a high def DVD player some time soon anyhow. I think Sony will capitalize on having the prevailing next gen technology (Blu-Ray, IMHO) with a great next gen console. I say that b/c too many movie houses will back Sony and its' obvious movie/music connections. Blu Ray players will fetch nearly $1000 when they launch so that may temper some people on the $500-600 price range of PS3. It's a solid buy if you want a next gen console coupled with a next gen DVD player.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='266300' date='May 10 2006, 04:34 PM']I'm with you......I'll most likely wait on the PS3.....I have a HD TV and will be looking at a high def DVD player some time soon anyhow. I think Sony will capitalize on having the prevailing next gen technology (Blu-Ray, IMHO) with a great next gen console. I say that b/c too many movie houses will back Sony and its' obvious movie/music connections. Blu Ray players will fetch nearly $1000 when they launch so that may temper some people on the $500-600 price range of PS3. It's a solid buy if you want a next gen console coupled with a next gen DVD player.[/quote]

the blue ray is also more expensive to develope games for, and look at the games 360 still isnt getting, probably 50% og games released arent for the 360 still, maybe 40% or so now.. but its a lot. blue ray requires some sony specific designing. i feel that sony has put themselves in a lose-lose-lose-lose situation, they came out a year late, they are $100 more expensive, they cost far more to create games for, the main selling point is something common folk know and care nothing about. do you own a laser disc player? whoops, it sure as hell was better in quality and size than a VHS tape, next biggest things right? whoops.. blue ray might be the next whoops, and they are basing thier entire console on it... given sony has the financial backing to forcefeed blue ray for MANY years down consumers throats, but that can get costly...and if a blueray player will cost a grand, and you get a console with one built in, you have to wonder where they are making thier cost cutbacks? a blueray player alone is retailing for a grand would cost $500-600 to create. yet a console, controllers, hard drive, etc are free? hardly, and dont think sony is losing more money per console than 360.. its like buying a multi purpose all in one printer/scanner/fax, you get mediocre version of all three, which is what it costs less than half what a decent version of all 3 items would.

PS3 = risky for consumers and programers... they are already on thin ice as the 360 is arleady the next gen console..

Guest BadassBengal
IMO, Sony shot themselves in the foot with their E3 SO FAR. I mean, the actual show hasnt even started yet, but they've fucked up. Not only have the other systems showed much better games, and much more gameplay, but they're not even close to being as expensive. Sony needs to realize that the magority of people who buy their games are casual gamers, and casual gamers arent gonna spend 600 bones for a video game system.

Guest BadassBengal
Nintendo are NOT FUCKING PLAYING AROUND THIS GEN!!!

Look at this pepharial they have that combinees both parts of the Wii controller into a gun.

[img]http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/news/05/10/wii_gun_screen001.jpg[/img]

[size=21]OM
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a5/Zapper.jpg/200px-Zapper.jpg[/img]
FG[/size]

Nintendo is a video game company. Sony makes music and Microsoft makes PCs.

Archived