ITS TIME FOR E3!!!!

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266043' date='May 9 2006, 11:12 PM']id roll up for a 2v2 lan its not that far of a drive. we didnt start playing last night till like 1:15am. im hardcore ill make the 30 minute drive for 2v2s. I once played at a weekend lan for 13 str8 hours b4 i got up to take a piss lol. I used to go from work to a house to play then home to catch a few hours of sleep and back to work and then back to the house for some halo and then home to sleep b4 work again. I probably spent 1 summer working 40 hours, playing for like 70 hours and sleeping/eating/helping around the house for the remaining hours.[/quote]

I haven't played Halo I in such a long time. I always played with the same two or three people, one really sucked and never really wanted to play all that much, but the other two and myself would play for hours. When we played slayer I always kicked their asses. In a four or five hour sitting I would maybe lose one or two times. I dominated so much that when we played CTF games it was always me against two and it was always intense as hell. The only problem that I had with Halo I that it wasn't online. I did play HaloII online for hours at a time and loved it, but I also agree that the sword was bullshit, and the pistol wasn't as good as in the first since you couldn't zoom in at all. Another problem with Halo II is the locking system with the pocket launcher. That was complete bullshit, it took all of the skill away from it. Like I said it has been a long time since I have played Halo I and would love to play again sometime. Thurman next time you have one of those all night tournments let me know in advance and maybe I could join in on the fun.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='rizzy' post='266394' date='May 10 2006, 06:29 PM']all you nintendo fanboys... it is time for an intervention:

[url="http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/fanboy.html"]http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/fanboy.html[/url][/quote]

sorry, but that guy has no fuckin clue what hes talkin bout

[quote name='rizzy' post='266394' date='May 10 2006, 06:29 PM']all you nintendo fanboys... it is time for an intervention:

[url="http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/fanboy.html"]http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/fanboy.html[/url][/quote]
this is a poor article.

this is an awesome looking game:
[url="http://revolution.ign.com/objects/825/825443.html"]http://revolution.ign.com/objects/825/825443.html[/url]

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='StringCheese' post='266396' date='May 10 2006, 06:32 PM']I haven't played Halo I in such a long time. I always played with the same two or three people, one really sucked and never really wanted to play all that much, but the other two and myself would play for hours. When we played slayer I always kicked their asses. In a four or five hour sitting I would maybe lose one or two times. I dominated so much that when we played CTF games it was always me against two and it was always intense as hell. The only problem that I had with Halo I that it wasn't online. I did play HaloII online for hours at a time and loved it, but I also agree that the sword was bullshit, and the pistol wasn't as good as in the first since you couldn't zoom in at all. Another problem with Halo II is the locking system with the pocket launcher. That was complete bullshit, it took all of the skill away from it. Like I said it has been a long time since I have played Halo I and would love to play again sometime. [b]Thurman next time you have one of those all night tournments let me know in advance and maybe I could join in on the fun.[/b][/quote]

u can play halo 1 online. www.xbconnect.com go there. i play it sometimes and its fun and really helps u if ur bored.

u better start playing because these guys i play with are some of the best and im not even on their level, but i can compete with them enough to have fun and help all of us for tournaments. if u dont get some practice in u will get destroyed by them and not have fun, trust me i went thru it for a while lol.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='266337' date='May 10 2006, 05:23 PM']the blue ray is also more expensive to develope games for, and look at the games 360 still isnt getting, probably 50% og games released arent for the 360 still, maybe 40% or so now.. but its a lot. blue ray requires some sony specific designing. i feel that sony has put themselves in a lose-lose-lose-lose situation, they came out a year late, they are $100 more expensive, they cost far more to create games for, the main selling point is something common folk know and care nothing about. do you own a laser disc player? whoops, it sure as hell was better in quality and size than a VHS tape, next biggest things right? whoops.. blue ray might be the next whoops, and they are basing thier entire console on it... given sony has the financial backing to forcefeed blue ray for MANY years down consumers throats, but that can get costly...and if a blueray player will cost a grand, and you get a console with one built in, you have to wonder where they are making thier cost cutbacks? a blueray player alone is retailing for a grand would cost $500-600 to create. yet a console, controllers, hard drive, etc are free? hardly, [b]and dont think sony is losing more money per console than 360[/b].. its like buying a multi purpose all in one printer/scanner/fax, you get mediocre version of all three, which is what it costs less than half what a decent version of all 3 items would.

PS3 = risky for consumers and programers... they are already on thin ice as the 360 is arleady the next gen console..[/quote]

Many analysts believe that Microsoft is selling the next-generation console at a [b]loss of about $125 per unit [/b] in the hopes that economies of scale would eventually drive down the per unit manufacturing cost in addition to new manufacturing processes such as the recently announced switch from 90nm to 65nm tech for the console's CPU. this is from ign.com

A recent research showed that the PlayStation 3 console will cost about $900 to build, which means that even at a rather extreme price of about $600 per unit, Sony will continue to lose money on every gaming machine it sells. xbitlabs.com So Sony is [b]losing roughly $300 during the initial launch of PS3.[/b] More than double what Microsoft is losing....The Blu-Ray drive alone will run $350.

Go, you are exactly right that Sony is banking on Blu-Ray winning the HD battle. They are so behind w/ market saturation that saddling their next gen console with a next gen DVD player is their only move. I think it's a move that will ultimately work.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='#22' post='266385' date='May 10 2006, 06:15 PM'][size=21]OM
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a5/Zapper.jpg/200px-Zapper.jpg[/img]
FG[/size]
Nintendo is a video game company. Sony makes music and Microsoft makes PCs.[/quote]

EXACTLY.

When I saw that pic, I thought back to my first gaming experience and playing Duck Hunt with the light gun...

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='266407' date='May 10 2006, 07:16 PM']Many analysts believe that Microsoft is selling the next-generation console at a [b]loss of about $125 per unit [/b]in the hopes that economies of scale would eventually drive down the per unit manufacturing cost in addition to new manufacturing processes such as the recently announced switch from 90nm to 65nm tech for the console's CPU. this is from ign.com

A recent research showed that the PlayStation 3 console will cost about $900 to build, which means that even at a rather extreme price of about $600 per unit, Sony will continue to lose money on every gaming machine it sells. xbitlabs.com So Sony is [b]losing roughly $300 during the initial launch of PS3.[/b] More than double what Microsoft is losing....The Blu-Ray drive alone will run $350.

Go, you are exactly right that Sony is banking on Blu-Ray winning the HD battle. They are so behind w/ market saturation that saddling their next gen console with a next gen DVD player is their only move. I think it's a move that will ultimately work.[/quote]

if those costs are accurate, sony is in deeper shit than imagined, they will need heavy advertising and other costs from game developers who are already paying more to make the games, i wouldnt be surprised to see games launching at $69.99 for the PS3, $59.99 is already high, the PS3 isnt alloted itself with many paths to success, the xbox has its use as a media server in connecting with several PC's, etc, it costs less and is arleady the "norm" as far as media, you can play your dvd's, etc, i expect all accessories for the 360 to drop $10, when the launch of the ps3 comes, controllers only $40, remote will be less, headset less, etc, xbox will be beyond the point of trying to recoup lost costs by the time the ps3 is starting, xbox could drop the console cost $100 the same day the ps3 launches and ruin the ps3 release completely.. $200 cheaper console already with cheaper accessories and dozens more games if not hundreds by that time.

XBOX ADVANTAGES:

-lower cost

-year+ launch headstart

-dozens more games arleady out

-microsoft compatability/media/etc

-availability, the shortage is over ive seen 3 best buys with stocked shelves, ps3 will be tough to grab unless they delay again.

- fabase, many PS users converted to xbox due to not waiting another year and through a holiday season

PS3 ADVANTAGES:

-blue ray.

o------u----c------h-.....

nintendo is renewing my love for them more and more by the day. cant wait for wii.

and thurman... i was talking to my friend i drive to school who is one of the better guys i know at halo. him and our other friend have gone to st louis for a tourny before and shit like that... i dont know if i said that in an earlier post. but i was talking and hes like "wheres this guy live?" and i told him harrison ohio... and hes like o shit thats my moms house. is it chris (forget the last name... might have been minor... but i dont remember) he said the guy is pretty damn good at the game. are you chris... or do you play with a chris? and do you know my friend kory condon?

sony doesn't need to make money from their PS3 if they can stay in the gaming market. they make soo much from their other companies that they can afford one bad system, just like Microsoft weathered through the first few shitty years of the XBOX.

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6150506.html"]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6150506.html[/url]
this comes attached to one of the funniest fucking videos I have seen all year.
OMFG!!! SONIC/PAC-MAN/JAMES BOND in new SSB Game!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='266516' date='May 10 2006, 10:30 PM']nintendo is renewing my love for them more and more by the day. cant wait for wii.

[b]and thurman... i was talking to my friend i drive to school who is one of the better guys i know at halo. him and our other friend have gone to st louis for a tourny before and shit like that... i dont know if i said that in an earlier post. but i was talking and hes like "wheres this guy live?" and i told him harrison ohio... and hes like o shit thats my moms house. is it chris (forget the last name... might have been minor... but i dont remember) he said the guy is pretty damn good at the game. are you chris... or do you play with a chris? and do you know my friend kory condon?[/b][/quote]

holy shit....Chris Moorman? he is my boy. He is 2nd best around here and they go to tourneys all over the US b4. Ive twerked a few but i usually stay in state because i cant compete with the losers (read winners) who play at nationals. Where does ur friend live? I dont know the name Kory Condon i dont think, but im sure Chris does ill have to ask him. I know halo people by AIM SNs, whats Kory's SN? We definitly gotta get some twerking together. The hardest part for us is getting a 2nd tv. He has 2 big tv's and its hard to move them around. We dont play at anyones house anymore. His mom has a hair salon and the other part of the building is vacant and until she rents it out it is ours for halo lans. We can play ANYTIME at that place the biggest issue is getting Chris off of WoW and getting a TV because his and mine r bitches to carry around.

[quote name='#22' post='266540' date='May 11 2006, 12:03 AM']sony doesn't need to make money from their PS3 if they can stay in the gaming market. they make soo much from their other companies that they can afford one bad system, just like Microsoft weathered through the first few shitty years of the XBOX.[/quote]

Sony's big money maker IS THEIR GAMING DIVISION. Sure, they won't file for bankruptcy tomorrow if PS3 launches with a luke warm response but this is a HUGE DEAL FOR SONY as a company. Microsoft has lost millions, approaching billions on their gaming division. You have to think it Sony destroys XBox like they did with XBox sales vs. PS2 sales that Gates would be less than thrilled w/ that division.

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150506&pid=928518&autoplay=6150560"]http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?si...utoplay=6150560[/url]

^^ link to video of Super Smash Bros. - "Brawl" , pretty funny. Game has always been fun. Has new characters, one is Snake from metal gear :lol:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266545' date='May 11 2006, 01:13 AM']holy shit....Chris Moorman? he is my boy. He is 2nd best around here and they go to tourneys all over the US b4. Ive twerked a few but i usually stay in state because i cant compete with the losers (read winners) who play at nationals. Where does ur friend live? I dont know the name Kory Condon i dont think, but im sure Chris does ill have to ask him. I know halo people by AIM SNs, whats Kory's SN? We definitly gotta get some twerking together. The hardest part for us is getting a 2nd tv. He has 2 big tv's and its hard to move them around. We dont play at anyones house anymore. His mom has a hair salon and the other part of the building is vacant and until she rents it out it is ours for halo lans. We can play ANYTIME at that place the biggest issue is getting Chris off of WoW and getting a TV because his and mine r bitches to carry around.[/quote]

yeah yeah chris moorman. my friend lives with his dad in sycamore... but his mom lives somewhere in harrison i guess and he goes there on the weekends sometimes. kory is like chris and is constantly on WoW... he barely plays halo anymore but he played last weekend for the first time in like 6 months and owned the kids he played with like usual. kory's sn is "schooliscool032" or something like that. dont know if you know him or not. but we should try and get something going on not this weekend but maybe the next. even though im horrible at halo and wouldnt even compete with you guys... itd probably be fun and id most likley get 20 times better by just playing once with all you freaks. ill talk to kory about it today.

[url="http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html"]http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html[/url]
more on the best game shown at E3 yet. the Graphics are good enough for me.

Nintendo > JOO

[url="http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html"]http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html[/url]

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='266649' date='May 11 2006, 11:18 AM']yeah yeah chris moorman. my friend lives with his dad in sycamore... but his mom lives somewhere in harrison i guess and he goes there on the weekends sometimes. kory is like chris and is constantly on WoW... he barely plays halo anymore but he played last weekend for the first time in like 6 months and owned the kids he played with like usual. kory's sn is "schooliscool032" or something like that. dont know if you know him or not. but we should try and get something going on not this weekend but maybe the next. even though im horrible at halo and wouldnt even compete with you guys... itd probably be fun and id most likley get 20 times better by just playing once with all you freaks. ill talk to kory about it today.[/quote]

ull have to PM me ur cell phone # or something and ur Screen Name so we can get some shit together sometime. We wanted to play toinght but 2 of our main 4 r in Chicago for a Tool concert. And then i can PM u my # and u can call me incase u get some shit set up, up there.

Guest ONYX

EA's booth at E3

:badger:

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=U3bRiACa-0U&search=ea%20sports%20"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=U3bRiACa-0U&search=ea%20sports%20[/url]

Archived