Ted Ginn

Guest Johnsons4Life

Guest Johnsons4Life
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZRuhqqMhU&search=ted%20ginn"]Highlight Reel [/url]

I didn't realize how quick and fast this guy is. Reggie Bush in the WR mold. If he has a good offensive year combined with punt and kick returning he could get a Heisman along with a national championship maybe.

Guest #22
meh. Rafeal Little has put up better numbers on an inferior team against tougher opponants.

I doubt both a National Championship and a Heisman. He would need a GREAT Offensive year, and it won't happen.

Ginn is overrated.

[quote name='#22' post='262588' date='May 3 2006, 10:05 AM']meh. Rafeal Little has put up better numbers on an inferior team against tougher opponants.

I doubt both a National Championship and a Heisman. He would need a GREAT Offensive year, and it won't happen.

Ginn is overrated.[/quote]

Better competition? OSU played one of the toughest schedules in the nation last year.

Keep in mind, before he got to OSU, [b]Ginn had [u]NEVER[/u] played WR.[/b] He is still learning the position. He had a great game against Notre Dame (granted, ND wasn't known for great D last year). He has not only great speed, but great elusiveness as well.

Why won't it happen? Troy Smith has done nothing but improve since being given the starting job, and Ginn will be the go to guy this season. He is set up well to have a great offensive season. I don't know if Ginn will win the Heisman, there is a lot of great competition this year, but I would not be at all surprised if he's in the Top 5.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='Ben' post='262599' date='May 3 2006, 09:40 AM']That guy is scary fast.[/quote]

I know its college but he can accel right past people and turn on a dime. As soon as he gets an inch of daylight hes gone.

Guest Master Shake
Ginn is so talented that I don't think he can help being a top 10 pick...

but I have MAJOR questions about his psyche...I've seen him fuck up on punt returns enough that I can say he has emotional problems that he needs to overcome before he can take that next step as a player.

his potential is superlative, though...I can't think of anyone to compare him to. No one else at WR, even in the NFL, has that kind of height/quickness combination.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='262615' date='May 3 2006, 11:24 AM']Ginn is so talented that I don't think he can help being a top 10 pick...

[b]but I have MAJOR questions about his psyche...I've seen him fuck up on punt returns enough that I can say he has emotional problems that he needs to overcome before he can take that next step as a player.[/b]

his potential is superlative, though...I can't think of anyone to compare him to. No one else at WR, even in the NFL, has that kind of height/quickness combination.[/quote]

That should come with maturity. Keep in mind, he was a true sophomore last season.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Jason' post='262620' date='May 3 2006, 11:27 AM']That should come with maturity. Keep in mind, he was a true sophomore last season.[/quote]

oh, I def agree, and I'm by no means writing him off... but when you're THAT talented, but don't have the supreme confidence to go with it, I think it raises some flags. The guy should be playing with all the confidence in the world, like Adrian Peterson, or LeBron James, cause he's that kind of talent. I mean, he HAS to know that he can do anything he wants on the football field - what's there for him to be nervous about?

[quote name='Master Shake' post='262624' date='May 3 2006, 11:30 AM']oh, I def agree, and I'm by no means writing him off... but when you're THAT talented, but don't have the supreme confidence to go with it, I think it raises some flags. The guy should be playing with all the confidence in the world, like Adrian Peterson, or LeBron James, cause he's that kind of talent. I mean, he HAS to know that he can do anything he wants on the football field - what's there for him to be nervous about?[/quote]

Well, the game that happened was the Michigan game. So there's the stress of it being the BIGGEST game of the season. And, with help from the sun, he misplayed a couple of punts. I think it was just the combination of those things, and youth that affected him. Plus, he went into last season with SUCH high expectations that he hadn't quite realized.

His Freshman year, he was largely an unknown, and didn't have the pressure of expectations on him. I think this year he will have learned how to handle all of that, and we will see a whole new Ginn.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='262659' date='May 3 2006, 12:51 PM']Gonzo runs a faster 40 yrd dash then Ginn.[/quote]

Straight ahead speed, yes (but if they raced 10 times, I'm sure Ginn would win a few of them). The amazing thing about Ginn is his instincts and his starting/stopping/turning speed. I have never seen ANYONE who can do those things as well as Ginn.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='262674' date='May 3 2006, 01:25 PM']Ted Ginn Jr- 2007 national champion
Ted Ginn Jr- 2007 heisman winner
Ted Ginn Jr- 2008 national champion
Ted Ginn Jr- 2008 heisman winner
Go Buckeyes, Fuck scUM[/quote]

The Buckeye fan in me hates to say it, but Ginn will be in the NFL in 2008. God I hope the Bengals find a way to draft him.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='262681' date='May 3 2006, 01:45 PM']awesome athlete... shitty route runner...[/quote]

See my first post. His route running should be significantly better this season.

[quote name='Jason' post='262676' date='May 3 2006, 01:26 PM']The Buckeye fan in me hates to say it, but Ginn will be in the NFL in 2008. God I hope the Bengals find a way to draft him.[/quote]

i would have to agree after next year theres no doubt in my mind ted ginn will be going to the nfl, most likely as a top 10-15 pick. hes the WR version of barry sanders

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jason' post='262667' date='May 3 2006, 01:01 PM']Straight ahead speed, yes (but if they raced 10 times, I'm sure Ginn would win a few of them). The amazing thing about Ginn is his instincts and his starting/stopping/turning speed. I have never seen ANYONE who can do those things as well as Ginn.[/quote]

Ever hear of a guy named Reggie Bush?

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='262739' date='May 3 2006, 03:46 PM']Ever hear of a guy named Reggie Bush?[/quote]

Yes, I have heard of him. And seen him play. I stand by my statement. Ginn has better straight ahead speed as well.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Jason' post='262750' date='May 3 2006, 04:02 PM']Yes, I have heard of him. And seen him play. I stand by my statement. Ginn has better straight ahead speed as well.[/quote]

:lol:

Whatever, man. This guy doesn't impress me at all, though. Like the other guy said, his routes suck ass.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='262759' date='May 3 2006, 04:14 PM']:lol:

Whatever, man. This guy doesn't impress me at all, though. Like the other guy said, his routes suck ass.[/quote]

Are you aware he has NEVER played WR before he got to OSU? Trust me, his routes will improve dramatically this year.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='#22' post='262588' date='May 3 2006, 10:05 AM']meh. Rafeal Little has put up better numbers on an inferior team against tougher opponants.

Ginn is overrated.[/quote]
You my sir are a douchbag. He plays reciever...QB...might get some PT at Corner....I see a great year from Ginn...Best player in college football....I wouldn't be surprised if Troy and Teddy had one of the best years of any QB-WR Duo... :headbang:

[color="#FF0000"][b]O-H.....I-O[/b][/color]

:badger:

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='262759' date='May 3 2006, 04:14 PM']:lol:

Whatever, man. This guy doesn't impress me at all, though. Like the other guy said, his routes suck ass.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Silicon%20Revolution/200511922629_Haterade.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='dieselman44' post='262776' date='May 3 2006, 04:53 PM'][img]http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Silicon%20Revolution/200511922629_Haterade.gif[/img][/quote]

The guy just doesnt impress me at all. I've watched him play, and I watched his "highlights".

Archived