Reds vs Rocks Thread

Guest ThurmanMunster

Guest WhoDeyForever

ha sorry about not starting a game thread...I usally start them just forgot I was watching the Pistons game. I promise to make one tomorrow :D

I don't get it, Claussen is having an average outing, and we can't put any runs at the second-most hitter-friendly baseball park? What is going on?

We shouldn't be having a problem manufacturing runs here against the Rockies staff. Claussen didn't give up any homers and over 6 2/3 innings he's given up 3 runs on 6 hits, striking out 5. A quality outing by any means, but he isn't getting any support.

I hope their starter doesn't try for the complete game, or we might never get a chance to come back from this deficit. We need to get into the Rockies bullpen.

Guest schotzee

Damn it.Shut out at coors field :blush:
On the bright side,we are still in first by 1/2 game right?Get back on track tonight and start
another win streak Redlegs

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTA513' post='263118' date='May 4 2006, 01:10 AM']It sucks even more because they lost to the Rockies.

:badger:[/quote]

rockies r in first....

went to the game last night. it was cold and rainy. i thought claussen was having a good outing but fell apart. i was expecting to see some balls fly out of coors, but to my surprise it didn't happen. boring game though. i was shouting who-dey's all night.

everytime i have watched the reds play at coors they have lost. hopefully my luck will change tonight.

[quote name='McBallerson' post='263294' date='May 4 2006, 10:26 AM']went to the game last night. it was cold and rainy. i thought claussen was having a good outing but fell apart. i was expecting to see some balls fly out of coors, but to my surprise it didn't happen. boring game though. i was shouting who-dey's all night.

everytime i have watched the reds play at coors they have lost. hopefully my luck will change tonight.[/quote]
Isn't it supposed to rain pretty heavily out there tonight?
And, shit, so the reds lost to a good Rockies team in their (packed) house. we can't win them all.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='263305' date='May 4 2006, 10:35 AM']Isn't it supposed to rain pretty heavily out there tonight?
And, shit, so the reds lost to a good Rockies team in their (packed) house. we can't win them all.[/quote]

Yep. 60% chance of rain tonight. It was pretty heavy at times last night but I managed to stay dry. I'm feeling my jinx will be reversed tonight.

[quote name='McBallerson' post='263306' date='May 4 2006, 10:37 AM']Yep. 60% chance of rain tonight. It was pretty heavy at times last night but I managed to stay dry. I'm feeling my jinx will be reversed tonight.[/quote]
I'm sure that by you being in attendance as a reds fan, that will make the fan ratio 2:1 in favor of the Rocks. Fight the good fight!
And why don't more people attend games out there? Even when the weather is nice it doesn't seem to ever even be half full.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='263307' date='May 4 2006, 10:43 AM']I'm sure that by you being in attendance as a reds fan, that will make the fan ratio 2:1 in favor of the Rocks. Fight the good fight!
And why don't more people attend games out there? Even when the weather is nice it doesn't seem to ever even be half full.[/quote]

That's a good question. I have always thought that the people in Colorado grew up with having the outdoors as their main hobby or intrests during the summer/winter. It just doesn't seem like baseball is as popular as it was back in Cincy.

Come to think of it sports is definately not hobby for many Coloradoians. I can jump in a game of pickup basketball at the gym and look like the next coming of Larry Bird.

Archived