The Junior impact

Guest oldschooler

Guest Johnsons4Life
A healthy Griffey is a great player to have. His numbers prove that. Just look at last year. You cant base his whole season off of 8 games he has played. He will get into hot and cold streaks just like everybody else. If hes healthy than hes a great player to have in the lineup.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='263781' date='May 4 2006, 11:54 PM']A healthy Griffey is a great player to have. His numbers prove that. Just look at last year. You cant base his whole season off of 8 games he has played. He will get into hot and cold streaks just like everybody else. If hes healthy than hes a great player to have in the lineup.[/quote]

and u cant judge if this team is better or worse with him....u know Arod was a star, but it seems like his teams get better after he leaves them....

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='263790' date='May 4 2006, 11:26 PM']and u cant judge if this team is better or worse with him....u know Arod was a star, but it seems like his teams get better after he leaves them....[/quote]

So if Arod sits out a game and the Yanks win they should sit him out all the time???? Any team is better with arod in the lineup just like any team is better with a healthy griffey in the lineup. He doesn't have 500+ home runs for nothing.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='263795' date='May 5 2006, 12:31 AM']Thurman you know as much about baseball as my 2 yr old nephew.[/quote]

heh, thats why i was offered a coaching job in baseball with a good coach and u werent, right? or because i love sparking controversy on here and going against the favorite players of everyone on here ;)

whats more fun sucking on all the favorite players cocks or stirring up the pot? definitly stirring up the pot.

i would take my knowledge of history, rules, in game situations, and anything else ud like to throw in about baseball, basketball, football, and golf and i know i would wipe ur bitch ass clean.

now back to the conversation where we were talking intelligently (diesel please stay out, ur not wanted) what is everyones take on Denorfia/Freel platoon and 10 mill to work with or Griffey?

I'd take the platoon and 10 mill even tho Griffey is a great player. We get an upgrade on defense and we get a hell of a lot of money to work with. Considering we have holes at 1B, C (larue sucks and valentin is gettin old and i dont think Ross is the everday answer), RP, and could use atleast 1 more consitent SP.

Guest Johnsons4Life

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='263800' date='May 4 2006, 11:39 PM']heh, thats why i was offered a coaching job in baseball with a good coach and u werent, right? or because i love sparking controversy on here and going against the favorite players of everyone on here ;)

whats more fun sucking on all the favorite players cocks or stirring up the pot? definitly stirring up the pot.
i would take my knowledge of history, rules, in game situations, and anything else ud like to throw in about baseball, basketball, football, and golf and i know i would wipe ur bitch ass clean.
now back to the conversation where we were talking intelligently (diesel please stay out, ur not wanted) what is everyones take on Denorfia/Freel platoon and 10 mill to work with or Griffey?

I'd take the platoon and 10 mill even tho Griffey is a great player. We get an upgrade on defense and we get a hell of a lot of money to work with. Considering we have holes at 1B, C (larue sucks and valentin is gettin old and i dont think Ross is the everday answer), RP, and could use atleast 1 more consitent SP.[/quote]

Griffey back is better than a denorfia/freel platoon. Are you serious about that question?? The only thing Freel is better at is speed. Griffey still knows the angles to get to the ball and can throw much better than Freel. If griffey does go out like he usually does your platoon is a good cover-up for a little while. But as we're seeing now its not so good when put into long duty. So I'm not even sure thats a good answer to the problem if griffey would get out again for the year. A healthy Griffey is definately the way to be at CF.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='263800' date='May 5 2006, 12:39 AM']heh, thats why i was offered a coaching job in baseball with a good coach and u werent, right? or because i love sparking controversy on here and going against the favorite players of everyone on here ;)

I'd take the platoon and 10 mill even tho Griffey is a great player. We get an upgrade on defense and we get a hell of a lot of money to work with. Considering we have holes at 1B, C (larue sucks and valentin is gettin old and i dont think Ross is the everday answer), RP, and could use atleast 1 more consitent SP.[/quote]

Explain to me what coaching job you were offered. And for some reason you act like Im not good enough to coach but yet ive coached at a JUCO. I played the game for 17 years which i know none of your personal information but i would say thats more then you. We could go on an arguemnet of "Well i know more about sports then you" but that would be pretty 3rd grade wouldnt it. There is a line between sparking controversy and just scting dumb and right now your acting dumb about this Griffey situation.

I will comment on dropping Griffey for Freel/Denorfia because i can. Im not for it, i believe that you need players that are experienced when it comes to the end of the season and your in a pennet race. Griffey is our man when it comes to that. If we are coming into the last week of the season with a chance to get to the playoffs, i want Griffey in our lineup, not Freel, not Denorfia. Thats why i would keep him.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='263799' date='May 5 2006, 12:38 AM']So if Arod sits out a game and the Yanks win they should sit him out all the time???? Any team is better with arod in the lineup just like any team is better with a healthy griffey in the lineup. He doesn't have 500+ home runs for nothing.[/quote]

thats not what im saying, ur missing the point. Not here, but analysts and experts love to go on about how teams are so much better when Arod is gone and all this shit. He is a top 5 hitter in baseball and was the best SS in baseball until he got stuck on the same team as overrated Jeter. Any team with Arod is better off imo, ALTHO in a place like cincinnati that wouldnt really be the case because he only plays 1 position and his 25 mill a year can be used better than just for him. In New York he isnt the problem, their pitching is, but Arod gets the blame because he was supposed to be the savior. Thats one reason im shocked that Cincy is so forgiving and loving of Griffey because he was supposed to be our savior. Usually this town is real dicks to people that dont win, so im glad to see people arent attempting to lynch griffey. I like the man and hope he succeeds, but if it isnt going to be for a 140-162 game season then id rather have him gone.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='263805' date='May 5 2006, 12:51 AM']Explain to me what coaching job you were offered. And for some reason you act like Im not good enough to coach but yet ive coached at a JUCO. I played the game for 17 years which i know none of your personal information but i would say thats more then you. We could go on an arguemnet of "Well i know more about sports then you" but that would be pretty 3rd grade wouldnt it. There is a line between sparking controversy and just scting dumb and right now your acting dumb about this Griffey situation.
[b]I will comment on dropping Griffey for Freel/Denorfia because i can. Im not for it, i believe that you need players that are experienced when it comes to the end of the season and your in a pennet race. Griffey is our man when it comes to that. If we are coming into the last week of the season with a chance to get to the playoffs, i want Griffey in our lineup, not Freel, not Denorfia. Thats why i would keep him.[/b][/quote]

then say that instead attempting to insult me. I respect ur opinion on that, but Griffey doesnt have much playoff experience and i think thats much more important. We have experienced veterans in Hatteberg and Aurilia and most of our Bullpen. This team has like no playoff experienced players tho. I forget the #, but Griffey didnt experience too much of the playoffs in Seattle, they were amazing much more successful without RJ, KGjr, and Arod. Who knows how RJ, KGjr, Arod, Buhner, Edgar Martinez, Cruz Jr (when he was gonna be a star), Cora didnt dominate for a near record # of wins....but anyways for the reason.

I like Griffey as a player, but i really dont like the fact that he said he wont move to LF/RF or 1B. If he is such a team guy and hometown player who took a paycut, then why wont he move positions to help htis team and his career? I lost all respect for him when he was interviewed and said that. I wish we had a coach who had some balls and would stand up to him. If a coach went face to face with him about it, i bet he would crack and move to help the team. I think he is a great player and one of the better players ive ever seen in my lifetime, but definitly not the best. The problem is he isnt nearly as great anymore, he carries a huge price tag on a cheap team, he isnt healthy most of the time and he is much better suited for Corner OF or 1B now in his career. I see ARod willing to move from SS (where he was a gold glover and one of the best SSs of all time) to 3B without 1 word and i just wish Griffey would move for us. It would benefit this team and HIS CAREER!!! I want Griffey in the lineup, but if he isnt gonna play most of the time then i dont want him at all. I dont hate Griff and i dont wish anything bad on him. I wish he would coem back 100%, offer to move to LF/RF or 1B and then just dominate and lead this team. I brought in all the #'s because everyone wanted to masterbate to the #'s that the moron Lance Mccallister had. Those #'s dont mean shit, 1 its been 1 month and 2 people get hot and cold and it doesnt measure intangibles he brings to the table.

I played baseball for 15 years till i threw my arm out and quit instead of getting surgery or else id be playing now. I was offered a job at Miami University as an assistant position coach (for experience) for the baseball team, but it paid basically nothing and im attempting to get out of school quicker so i am overloading on classes now.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='263593' date='May 4 2006, 07:11 PM']its lance, the man is the dumbest mother fucker around.[/quote]

Don`t be ignorant. It clearly states that the stats came to Lance`s
attention from a listener. Plus who cares if the stats came from Lance himself ?
They`re still ACCURATE...

And what about the article from Marc Lancaster ? Are you going to totally
ignore that ?

[quote]Phillips, Edwin, Aurilias avgs have all increased, along with their production. Why dont we just list the stats that benefit us....Defense has improved since griffey has been hurt. The pitching has been better to, so i guess the lack of Griffey improves our SP....
u cant base this shit over less than a month. The teams been hotter, the SP has been good, and our defense has been much improved. Not to mention Lopez and Phillips have been dominating the base paths now.[/quote]

:blink: Dude are you trying to be a moron ?

The info I provided also clearly stated [b](regulars at the top of the order most affected by Griffey's presence in the lineup)[/b] So why the fuck you brought other players, and even starting pitching
into the conversation is beyond me...

[quote]idk if its actually better with our without, but id rather not have him for the entire season than have him for part of a season and then have to change shit around because he cant stay healthy.

Id much rather him be gone and us have 10 million dollars to play with...the lineup is good enough without him and think of how much better this team could be with 10 million to play with.
Please dont use Lance Mcallister to argue things. The guy needs to be fired/killed.[/quote]

Freel isn`t an everyday player. He wears out and isn`t productive. Griffey is a better hitter
and makes the players in front of him better.

And yeah Griffey has been injured to much for my taste. But sometimes players get hurt.
Ecspecially when they play the game as hard as Griffey does. Rich Aurilla went on the
DL. I guess we should drop him too ? Or what about Eric Milton ? He has reportedly been
injured since he signed here...he is making $8.5 million a season. Why aren`t you
calling for his head ? Or saying we`re better off without HIM and the money paid
to HIM could be better spent elsewhere.

I really don`t care how much Griffey gets paid. To me it has absolutely nothing
to do in this conversation. Griffey hit 35 HR`s had 92 RBI`s and a batting average
of .301, last season. If the extra time he had off recently, makes him be able to come back
and play the rest of the season, and put up numbers like he did last season, he is
worth every penny of that $10 million to this team...and this team will be better because
of it...

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote]heh, thats why i was offered a coaching job in baseball with a good coach[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

This coming from the guy who wins money playing xbox games [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='263915' date='May 5 2006, 10:21 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
[b]
This coming from the guy who wins money playing xbox games [/b][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img][/quote]

ur point? its easy money and takes like no time.

i think im going to Paul Brown Stadium this year to win the Madden tournament to go to Vegas for the big tourney this year.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='oldschooler' post='263892' date='May 5 2006, 09:17 AM'][b]Don`t be ignorant. It clearly states that the stats came to Lance`s
attention from a listener.[/b] Plus who cares if the stats came from Lance himself ?
They`re still ACCURATE...

And what about the article from Marc Lancaster ? Are you going to totally
ignore that ?
:blink: [b]Dude are you trying to be a moron ?[/b]

The info I provided also clearly stated (regulars at the top of the order most affected by Griffey's presence in the lineup) So why the fuck you brought other players, and even starting pitching
into the conversation is beyond me...
Freel isn`t an everyday player. He wears out and isn`t productive. Griffey is a better hitter
and makes the players in front of him better.

And yeah Griffey has been injured to much for my taste. But sometimes players get hurt.
Ecspecially when they play the game as hard as Griffey does. Rich Aurilla went on the
DL. I guess we should drop him too ? Or what about Eric Milton ? He has reportedly been
injured since he signed here...he is making $8.5 million a season. Why aren`t you
calling for his head ? Or saying we`re better off without HIM and the money paid
to HIM could be better spent elsewhere.
y
I really don`t care how much Griffey gets paid. To me it has absolutely nothing
to do in this conversation. Griffey hit 35 HR`s had 92 RBI`s and a batting average
of .301, last season. If the extra time he had off recently, makes him be able to come back
and play the rest of the season, and put up numbers like he did last season, he is
worth every penny of that $10 million to this team...and this team will be better because
of it...[/quote]

didnt know it came from a listener, i didnt read anything but the stats...

i already stated what i was trying to do, obviously u didnt read it.

i wanted aurilia makes like no money so i dont care about him. I want Milton gone too, but he isnt at an age to retire or anything. Ive stated it like 3 times now that u ignored. If Griffey is back healthy then i want him, but if there is going to be the injury every single season then i would rather have the platoon and 10 million dollars.

This team doesnt need a bat, they need defense and pitching. We still have enough offense without Griffey. The Reds are 2nd in the league in Runs Scored. They definitly dont need more Runs, which is what everyone is saying Griffey brings to the table. We need pitching more. Griffey healthy improves this team, ive admitted that a thousand times now (u just continue to ignore it), BUT whats hte point of winning games 6-4 or 8-4? The team weakness is pitching, whether it be bullpen or the backend of the rotation. What im saying is Freel/Denorfia platooning and we will still have a top 5 offense in baseball, but iwth the extra 10 million dollars we could really upgrade our SP/Bullpen. We are 15th in the MLB in Runs allowed, so we are right in the center in that category. The way i see it # 2 in runs scored means we dont need bats and # 15 in runs allowed means we need to upgrade the arms. This team is better with Griffey right now, but for the team to truly be better where it makes a significant difference we need an improvement in the pitching not the hitting, which leads me to believe id rather have the upgraded defense with freel/denorfia putting more range in CF and 10 million dollars to add pitching.

Ill stop starting the Griffey issues because i agree with most of u, i was just bored so i argued it. The only thing i disagree is id rather have the defense/10 mill than Griffey, but team needs/#'s show that we need pitching more than another hitter.

The most important thing is no matter what peoples opinions are, we are all Reds fans :) ill be celebrating my 21st birthday at the Reds game in my (Griffey Jersey) and i cant wait :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest bengalrick
griffey makes this lineup better... its as simple as that...

but i am one of the biggest griffey fans you will ever talk to, i am going to say this: he better get his fucking legs back soon....

also, anyone else notice the production of the guys that played in the world baseball classic? almost every guy that played, is hurt, in a drought, or not playing to their potential...

all in all thurman, you mention "is griffey worth the 10 million dollars we are paying him?"... well, to me that is a meaningless quesiton... that would be a question you would have had to take a risk on before you signed the contract... at this point, you have to ask "can you get anything out of him in trade right now" (NO) or "would we be a better team by paying him off and releasing him" (NO)... to me, we have to keep him, and either trade him later, or still battle his injuries...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='264024' date='May 5 2006, 01:22 PM']griffey makes this lineup better... its as simple as that...

but i am one of the biggest griffey fans you will ever talk to, i am going to say this: he better get his fucking legs back soon....

also, anyone else notice the production of the guys that played in the world baseball classic? almost every guy that played, is hurt, in a drought, or not playing to their potential...

all in all thurman, you mention "is griffey worth the 10 million dollars we are paying him?"... well, to me that is a meaningless quesiton... that would be a question you would have had to take a risk on before you signed the contract... at this point, you have to ask "can you get anything out of him in trade right now" (NO) or "would we be a better team by paying him off and releasing him" (NO)... to me, we have to keep him, and either trade him later, or still battle his injuries...[/quote]

i know we are stuck wtih him, altho we got a few offers for him last season, but linder couldnt trade him with the Sale of the team in the works. If we REALLY wanted him gone we could trade him this year still, but we wont becuase teh fans are too obsessed with him.

i was speaking in terms of just saying we would be better if he cant stay healthy if he retired and we get the 10 million dollars to use. I know we are going to have him until he chooses to retire. My # 1 wish is Griffey just moves to Corner OF or 1B and is healthy and we trade Larue for a SP that keeps being rumored. I want a healthy griffey back period. I just was bored so i got in an argument, which has been very entertaining and we got some good and smart Reds fans here so i love it. I wasnt sure how much interest there would be in the Reds since some of the top posters on here arent living in the Cincinnati area, but they are very good fans and i love it. Gives me some people to talk with the Reds about cuz most of my friends dont care about baseball much.

Guest bengalrick
but thurman, if he retires, he will still get alot of that 10 million dollars....

i would be very happy if griff moved to first base.. moving him to LF would imply moving dunn to first, and you know my take on that (hatteburg might not be as good of a hitter, but i saw he save 2 errors last night alone)...

Guest oldschooler
The Reds Starting pitchers have the 4th best ERA in the NL.

The Reds have played 21 games since Griffey`s injury. The first 8 games after Griffey`s injury,
the Reds gave up 50 runs, (6.25 per game). The past 13 games the Reds have given up 36 runs
(2.7 per game).

The Reds have lost 6 games since Griffey went down. In those loses, the Offense scored, 3 runs,
7 runs, 6 runs, 0 runs, 2 runs and 0 runs. That averages out to 3 runs per game.

They haven`t been winning [b]recently[/b] because of their Offense. They`ve been winning because
of their pitching...and losing because of their Offense.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='264065' date='May 5 2006, 02:33 PM']but thurman, if he retires, he will still get alot of that 10 million dollars....

i would be very happy if griff moved to first base.. moving him to LF would imply moving dunn to first, and you know my take on that (hatteburg might not be as good of a hitter, but i saw he save 2 errors last night alone)...[/quote]

is his contract guaranteed, i thoguth in MLB that if u retired then ur contract was lost? or do they still get it or is it just griff in this case?

I want him at 1B. id still want dunn at 1B and griffey in LF but id rather Dunn at LF and Griff at 1B

[quote name='oldschooler' post='264086' date='May 5 2006, 03:21 PM']The Reds Starting pitchers have the 4th best ERA in the NL.
The Reds have played 21 games since Griffey`s injury. The first 8 games after Griffey`s injury,
the Reds gave up 50 runs, (6.25 per game). The past 13 games the Reds have given up 36 runs
(2.7 per game).
The Reds have lost 6 games since Griffey went down. In those loses, the Offense scored, 3 runs,
7 runs, 6 runs, 0 runs, 2 runs and 0 runs. That averages out to 3 runs per game.

They haven`t been winning [b]recently[/b] because of their Offense. They`ve been winning because
of their pitching...and losing because of their Offense.[/quote]

not enough time has gone by for these things to matter........ [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='264065' date='May 5 2006, 02:33 PM']but thurman, if he retires, he will still get alot of that 10 million dollars....

i would be very happy if griff moved to first base.. moving him to LF would [b]imply moving dunn to first, and you know my take on that (hatteburg might not be as good of a hitter, but i saw he save 2 errors last night alone)...[/b][/quote]

I always thought how stacked our line up would be if we moved Dunn to first but because of our infielders have slightly erratic arms :whistle: I'm going with you on this one. I think for us 1st base needs to be someone who can field those throws.

Guest ThurmanMunster

well...i ate my crow AND atleast me being wrong is a positive for the Reds. What can i "jinx" next? Ill be Mr. Negative 24/7 if this is the outcome :)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='266944' date='May 11 2006, 10:57 PM']well...i ate my crow AND atleast me being wrong is a positive for the Reds. What can i "jinx" next? Ill be Mr. Negative 24/7 if this is the outcome :)[/quote]how bout you tell me how the bengals are going to go 0-16 this year and miss out on winning the superbowl

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='266957' date='May 11 2006, 11:13 PM']how bout you tell me how the bengals are going to go 0-16 this year and miss out on winning the superbowl[/quote]

the bengals are going to go 0-16 this year and miss out on winning the superbowl

And Big Ben is going to play healthy every year for the next 10 years.

Archived