Marty Breneman

Jason

Has there been a better play by play man for any team, in any sport?

His call of Griffey's homer last night is just classic. There is no one I would rather listen to. It will be a sad day when he retires.

It needed to be said.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='Bunghole' post='267099' date='May 12 2006, 10:31 AM']He's even up there with Bill Walton....

j/k, he is the best.
Now if they can just find him a decent partner.....[/quote]

Bill Walton is the worst ever. Put Bob Costas with Marty. There isn't a sporting event he cant do.

Guest bengalrick
i was watching the game, but i paid the couple of bucks for the mlb audio, so i can listen to the game at work when i can, and i listened to it to hear his call a few minutes ago... seriously, i instantly got chills... there is noone better than marty... i need to start listening to the radio, while watching the game again...

"ken griffey jr. exploding a line drive home run!!! what a way to return!!!"

one of my greatest childhood memories is of listening to the Reds on WLW in my Granny and Grandpops house...

my grandad during the summer was real active in the yard and with his dogs...the house would be empty and the light of the waning sun made the house peaceful...my "pops" would crank WLW from this little clock radio off the top of the fridge with the back door open so he could hear in the backyard...

It is a thing of beauty to hear the way Marty and Nuxhall called those games...I miss those times being in NYC and miss Marty...I get a thrill and a chill each time he gets on the best calls of the day (I think) on ESPN game night. He is the GOAT!

a little kid found baseball interesting on the radio and that is where my love for the game really developed...Thx Marty-THIS ONE BELONGS TO YOU (BKCincy lifts his bud high in the air to toast Marty)

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='schotzee' post='267184' date='May 12 2006, 03:18 PM']He's the one that ends all "w's'" with and this one belongs to the Reds,right?
Definitely one of the best. :thumbsup:[/quote]

:blink: ....... :unsure:

you must be thinking of joe nuxhall :mellow:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='bengalrick' post='267185' date='May 12 2006, 03:22 PM']:blink: ....... :unsure:

you must be thinking of joe nuxhall :mellow:[/quote]

what? are u joking?

Marty says this one belongs to the Reds, im either missing something, u were joking, or u were confused.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='267193' date='May 12 2006, 03:41 PM']what? are u joking?
Marty says this one belongs to the Reds, im either missing something, u were joking, or u were confused.[/quote]

i was surprised that he had to ask if that was the right guy or not... yes, i was joking :D

Guest oldschooler

I`ve always loved hearing him say "This one belongs to the Reds !" :headbang:

What I love about Marty, is that he sounds like a real fan telling his blind buddy, what`s going on...

I was listening to the game online last night.
And when the Nats took the lead. You could hear
the disgust in Marty`s voice.

He said "No disrespect to the Nationals. But if you want to be a contender...
you can not lose 2 out of 3 games to this team !"

Then a little later... "A long drive deep to Center Field !"
"This one belongs to the Reds !" :headbang:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Ben' post='267198' date='May 12 2006, 03:50 PM']Any one have the audio of marty calling the hr? i still have not heard it :([/quote]

turn it on lances show... he said that he plans on playing it every 15 minutes... i've heard it 4 times now, and i still get goosebumps...

[url="http://www.homer1360.com/pages/streaming.html"]1360homer[/url]

Guest oldschooler
This morning I read on Lance`s blog, that he is going to play Marty`s call of the Griffey HR,
between every break on today`s show...

[url="http://www.1360homer.com/pages/streaming.html"]http://www.1360homer.com/pages/streaming.html[/url]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='267185' date='May 12 2006, 03:22 PM']:blink: ....... :unsure:

you must be thinking of joe nuxhall :mellow:[/quote]

BR,

Joe use to close out the Broadcast with " this is the old lefthander rounding third and heading home'

Classic :thumbsup:

[quote name='Ben' post='267198' date='May 12 2006, 03:50 PM']Any one have the audio of marty calling the hr? i still have not heard it :([/quote]

You can watch the video and hear Marty's call on the Reds official site- [url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1449422&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home"]Griffey=badassgamewinner[/url]

I can watch that clip and hear that call over and over again. I love how as soon as he hit it he new it was gone. He just drops the bat and struts down the line, sweetest swing in all of baseball. The last time a player came off the DL and hit a game winning HR it was Larkin back in 2003. I was at that game, it was a pinch hit HR in the bottom of the ninth. Best game I've ever been to

Archived