Reds-Phillies game 1

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote]Tarp on, Dunn in

Steady light rain at the moment, I imagine BP will be canceled.

Dunn is playing first tonight, with Freel in left. Yes, Griffey is in center.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/[/url]

Guest WhoDeyForever

How dare you take my job OldSchooler :D anyways....

[b][color="#FF0000"]Philadelphia Phillies (19-15)[/color] @ [color="#FF0000"]Cincinnati Reds (23-12)[/color][/b]

[b]Hamels (First Start of Year) vs E. Ramirez (1-2, 3.18 ERA)[/b]

[b]Gametime: 7:10 (Cincinnati Time)[/b]

Coming off an emotional win, The Reds continue their homestand as they take on the the Phillies in Game 1 of a 3 Game set. :badger:

[u][b]WhoDeyForever's Prediction[/b][/u]
[b]Phillies--3
Reds--8[/b]

[size=5][color="#FF0000"][b]Go Reds!!!!![/b][/color][/size]

[b]Reds[/b]
1. R Freel, LF
2. F Lopez, SS
3. K Griffey Jr., CF
4. A Kearns, RF
5. A Dunn, 1B
6. E Encarnacion, 3B
7. B Phillips, 2B
8. J Valentin, C
9. E Ramirez, P

[b]Phillies[/b]
1. J Rollins, SS
2. C Utley, 2B
3. B Abreu, RF
4. P Burrell, LF
5. R Howard, 1B
6. S Victorino, CF
7. D Bell, 3B
8. C Ruiz, C
9. C Hamels, P

Guest ThurmanMunster
i hope we fuckin murder Hamels tonight. Im sick of hearing everyone suck his cock because he blew away shitty talent in the minors. Hopefully Hamels = Brandon Larson.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='267313' date='May 12 2006, 06:32 PM']that lineup gives me a fucking chubb... the only thing im worried about is dunns uncordinated dumbass on first[/quote]

Edwin and Phillips lead the team in RBIs id like to see each of them higher up. I really liked seeing Edwin in the # 2 spot. Fuck Freel, let him hit 7th or 8th. If he batted 8th he could get on, steal 2nd, pitcher sac him to 3rd. Id really like to see Lopez-Edwin-Griffey-Dunn-Kearns-Phillips-Valentin-Freel-Ramirez as a lineup. Spreading out the speed is better i think because we have so many RBI men. Lopez, Phillips, Freel can all create on their own becuase of their great speed.

Question of the day: DONT CHEAT!!!!

What is Adam Dunns career high in SBs for a season?

I love the lineup for tonight. With Freel back to Utility Man status he better get his average up, although I think his OBP is still high. All I want out of a leadoff is for him to get on, OBP!!! If he doesn't improve i say send him to the 7th hole. I think our hitters are going to welcome this rookie beotch to the majors :1hump:

Dunn: 2SB's (i didn't cheat just a guess)

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='267324' date='May 12 2006, 06:49 PM']I love the lineup for tonight. With Freel back to Utility Man status he better get his average up, although I think his OBP is still high. All I want out of a leadoff is for him to get on, OBP!!! If he doesn't improve i say send him to the 7th hole. [b]I think our hitters are going to welcome this rookie beotch to the majors [/b]:1hump:

[b]Dunn: 2SB's (i didn't cheat just a guess)[/b][/quote]

i hope.

i know u didnt cheat...it was wrong :)

i will put the answer up in an hour or so, hopefully a few people guess. We should all do some simple Reds trivia for each game.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='267313' date='May 12 2006, 06:32 PM']that lineup gives me a fucking chubb... [b]the only thing im worried about is dunns uncordinated dumbass on first[/b][/quote]

the only thing im worried about is Freel's uncordinated dumbass at the plate.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='267310' date='May 12 2006, 06:27 PM']i hope we fuckin murder Hamels tonight. Im sick of hearing everyone suck his cock because he blew away shitty talent in the minors. Hopefully Hamels = Brandon Larson.[/quote]

Who is sucking his cock? Those numbers are sick.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='267347' date='May 12 2006, 08:06 PM']the only thing im worried about is Freel's uncordinated dumbass at the plate.
[b]Who is sucking his cock? Those numbers are sick.[/b][/quote]

so was Brandon Larsons.....

and he seems to not have shit for control, sadly Valentin and Ramirez keep being the batters up in good situations...

This umpire has a HUGE fuckin strike zone too.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='267356' date='May 12 2006, 08:49 PM']<_< impressive showing by Hamels[/quote]

5 walks is hardly impressive if u ask me, he just got lucky and faced bad hitters # 8 and # 9 when he got into trouble.

Hamels is a pitcher, Larson was a hitter. If you knew baseball then youd know they are completely different positions.

Give a guy some credit where credit is due, he had a fucking no-hitter in the 5th. Doesnt matter who you get out or how you get'em out as long as you get'em out.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='267370' date='May 12 2006, 09:10 PM']Hamels is a pitcher, Larson was a hitter. If you knew baseball then youd know they are completely different positions.

Give a guy some credit where credit is due, he had a fucking no-hitter in the 5th. Doesnt matter who you get out or how you get'em out as long as you get'em out.[/quote]

u walk 5 guys and ur not gonna be in the majors for very long, nor will u be very successful. Maybe Larson was a hitter and Hamels was a pitcher the point is minor league statistics dont mean a fucking thing. No matter the position.

Well, with how Jose Lima just cluster fucked the Mets' game up in Milwaukee I'm hoping your Reds can pull out another 9th inning miracle here.

Was also curious as to what everyone here thought about Hamels. He's been amazing here in Wilkes-Barre for the Barons, I'm hoping he can have the same success in the majors. Didn't seem to do bad for himself tonight. 5 walks.. ehh.. but held the Reds scoreless and allowed only 1 hit. I just need Tom Gordon here to fuck it all up because I doubt the Mets come back in their game... only got a 3 game lead right now but looking to be 2.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='whodey 85' post='267416' date='May 12 2006, 10:33 PM']was realy feelin the [b]bullshitpen[/b] tonight :thumbsdown:[/quote]

:lmao:

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='schotzee' post='267424' date='May 12 2006, 10:42 PM']Damn.Looks like we might fall into a tie with the Cards.They are up by 3 and batting in bottom of 8[/quote]

Cards won 5-3 so we're tied for 1st. Not likin that man.

Archived