Soccer Thread

[quote name='JC' post='285861' date='Jun 22 2006, 11:21 PM']Im assuming the same

and he is exactly right
They ran Japan up and down the field all day today...ronaldinho is a wizard with the ball [b]but needs to take more shots[/b]. Ronaldo got his two goals today...even though he looked lazy as fuck in the first half of the game. Robinho is a nice fit on the wing...but [b]where was Roberto Carlos[/b]? Im assuming he got the day off for rest...but thats assumed. Kaka had a nice game..he shoots and misses but has a nice leg with some power behind it. Dida looked good again today. I didn't see much of Adriano today...but i would have loved to see the match up between him and Gooch. Jeez two overpowering guys...it would have been awesome to watch...to bad Ghana had to fuck shit up. Now there fucked

Brazil will overpower those flopping ghana bitches. I would be totally amused if a ghana player flopped and was down and Brazil just kept on playing...more then likely it would make my day because the U.S. should have did it today...they were stopping a lot of attacks today and just giving it right back to the goalkeeper. I no its good sportsmanship...but fuck that...when you take advantage of it like that and abuse it to win a game...its not right and it sucks and makes the game ultimatly boring.

But i predict Adriano to have a big game against Ghana...and then we won't have to see them again.[/quote]

Agreed,

Yes, they showed him on the sidelines, he was resting

Guest BlackJesus
[b]So when are we bombing Ghana ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

kidding

sort of [/b]

Guest steggyD
After the way they played against us, I would definitely order a bombing of Ghana, if I were the Prez. Seriously, not kidding here. That was definitely an act of aggression by Ghana, and they deserve it, at least the soccer team. Maybe we can hit their practice facilities with a stealthy strike.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='286113' date='Jun 23 2006, 09:23 AM'][b]So when are we bombing Ghana ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]
kidding
sort of [/b][/quote]

If i got orders I wouldn't complain about going to get Ghana. Although thats the same things I said about pissburgh. I still wouldn't mind getting pissburgh though.

Guest steggyD
Watched Germany today. Loved it. Damn, they are always on the attack. That's how all the teams should play; it's so much more exciting.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='sexybengal' post='286565' date='Jun 24 2006, 01:37 PM']the game would have been better but the guy on Sweden had that horrible PK[/quote]
He didn't deserve it anyways. But I'm sure Germany would've scored once or twice more if that would've went in. I just like Germany's style, tons of offense. I enjoy the sport more that way.

US and Mexico are my two favorite teams. Thats kind of like cheering for the stealers and Bengals I suppose, since they're rivals.

What I noticed about both teams is that they don't have anyone with the skill or desire to at least attempt to take their man 1-on-1. They like to pass it around until someone gets open.

Pretty much, it was like watching basketball with no crossover dribbles.

Anywho, I'm proud of our team (USA) and I hope we can do better next time.

Anyone see the Argentina vs Mexico game? Great game! Especially the winning goal by Rodriquez - what a volley - took the pass and volleyed the ball from about 30 yards out over the Mexico keeper's head and into the net - definitely best goal of the tournament so far(though England's Joe Cole strike vs Sweden isn't far behind).

Guest BlackJesus

[center][img]http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2006-06-24T180625Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_INTERNATIONAL-SOCCER-WORLD-ENGLAND-FANS-DC.jpg[/img]

:lmao: [/center]

Guest steggyD
Holy shit! Portugal and Netherlands! Crazy game! I thought someone was gonna die, or at least end up in the hospital. Violent, very violent. That's how I envision our next match with the Stealers.

Lot's of faking and falling down in that match. Damn, the faking is getting worse as the tourney goes on.

I saw a guy in a different game slide and attempt a shot but once he saw that the ball was blocked, he immidiately started faking an injury and grabbed his knee.

He was OK until he noticed things didn't go his way.

They should have to sit out a "play" (like football) if they get hurt on the field. 2 minutes for faking should be mandatory.

[quote name='sois' post='286891' date='Jun 25 2006, 06:29 PM']Lot's of faking and falling down in that match. Damn, the faking is getting worse as the tourney goes on.

I saw a guy in a different game slide and attempt a shot but once he saw that the ball was blocked, he immidiately started faking an injury and grabbed his knee.

He was OK until he noticed things didn't go his way.

They should have to sit out a "play" (like football) if they get hurt on the field. 2 minutes for faking should be mandatory.[/quote]
its supposed to be a yellow card... but they dont enforce it

[quote name='steggyD' post='286879' date='Jun 25 2006, 04:12 PM']Holy shit! Portugal and Netherlands! Crazy game! I thought someone was gonna die, or at least end up in the hospital. Violent, very violent. That's how I envision our next match with the Stealers.[/quote]

yea that game was getting out of hand

These refs are basically ruining the world cup.

The Italy call was not good...i could have tripped myself over that man too. Its getting rediculous...let them fight it out in overtime rather then giving them a PK in stoppage time.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='287121' date='Jun 26 2006, 01:37 PM'][size=3][b]that italy call for the penalty was straight up bullshit. it reminded me of superbowl XL[size=7]*[/size] if you know what im sayin![/size][/b][/quote]

Like when the Stealer DB yells at the ref to throw a flag for a pushoff and he throws it? :D

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='287121' date='Jun 26 2006, 01:37 PM'][size=3][b]that italy call for the penalty was straight up bullshit. it reminded me of superbowl XL[size=7]*[/size] if you know what im sayin![/size][/b][/quote]

Rumble.

From the spot where the referee was, he would have seen that Neil tackled him directly into Grosso.
Anyway, if you want to talk about shitty calls then, the red card was a shit decision by the ref. Marco Materazzi was not the last defender, that should have been a yellow card not red. The Australians should have taken advantage of this. They lost the game. Why the hell didn't they take advantage of an extra man. They should have put another forward in.

You really can't compare this game to XL, XL had way too many shit calls favouring ONE team. This game technically had 2 shitty calls, one against each team.

Australia should have put another striker in. They lost the game themselves

[b][size=5]Want to see magic?[/size][/b]

Watch ESPN at 10:55 tommarow

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/rob4eternity/ronaldinho.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.soccer-desktop.com/store/p1-wp-pl-Adriano-v2.jpg[/img]

[b][size=5]"If those fuckers keep falling tommarow...they will be a light year behind of this offense."[/size][/b]

[quote name='JC' post='287326' date='Jun 26 2006, 10:38 PM'][b][size=5]Want to see magic?[/size][/b]

Watch ESPN at 10:55 tommarow
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/rob4eternity/ronaldinho.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.soccer-desktop.com/store/p1-wp-pl-Adriano-v2.jpg[/img]

[b][size=5]"If those fuckers keep falling tommarow...they will be a light year behind of this offense."[/size][/b][/quote]

Brazil up 2-0 in the 70th minute.

:dance: :rockon:

[b][size=4][color="red"]fuck Ghana![/b][/size][/color] :pointlaff:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[quote name='steggyD' post='287575' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:58 PM']Ha. Brazil 3-0. We can call off the airstrike on Ghana now. Justice was served.[/quote]
Exactly. :lol:

Now im not a big fan of france but i love watching Henry. Now that there playing spain it goes back to their coach saying racial slurs about Henry. But i think Henry will tear him up

[center][img]http://ziplatko.sport24.com/images/mn/1128588406.jpg[/img][/center]

[b][size=5]"The fuck you call me bitch?"[/size][/b]

Spain 1 France 3

Spain scored first and looked ok early on, but then the experience of the older players in the French team finally told. Zidane was back to his best for this game. Roll on Brazil in the quarter finals....I think the French have a real chance of beating the samba boys. As for Spain, they are the kings of the 'torn betting slip'.

So the quarter finals look like this:

1 Germany vs Argentina
2 England vs Portugal
3 Italy vs Ukraine
4 Brazil vs France

where the winners of games 1and 3 meet in one semi-final, and the winners of games 2 and 4 meet in the other.

Outside of Brazil, who do you think has the best chance of winning it all? [i]Personally I'm backing England for obvious reasons, and Wayne Rooney will be the best player in the world within the next 4 years or so![/i]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='287714' date='Jun 27 2006, 06:42 PM']So the quarter finals look like this:

1 Germany vs Argentina
2 England vs Portugal
3 Italy vs Ukraine
4 Brazil vs France

where the winners of games 1and 3 meet in one semi-final, and the winners of games 2 and 4 meet in the other.

Outside of Brazil, who do you think has the best chance of winning it all? [i]Personally I'm backing England for obvious reasons, and Wayne Rooney will be the best player in the world within the next 4 years or so![/i][/quote]
I think

Germany against Italy-Should be a very good one
and Brazil against England-I hate to go against Christiano Ronaldo and Portugal but England is pretty stacked and Wayne Rooney is a amazing striker.

Then i have Germany vs. Brazil-Brutal game but Ronaldinho Ronaldo and Adriano come out on top.

Wayne Rooney and Ronaldinho match could be a fight for the ages.

Archived