Soccer Thread

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='287740' date='Jun 27 2006, 07:36 PM']brazil - england - germany - etc.[/quote]
Nati

I remebered seeing the goal but didn't remeber a name.

What about De Rosario making the next team. He has a high amount of assist. That goal was sick! We could always use a strong leg to shoot outside of the 18.

My money is already with Taylor Twellman making it. He is one awesome man. We could use some guys that can create goals too.

[quote name='JC' post='287754' date='Jun 27 2006, 07:50 PM']Nati

I remebered seeing the goal but didn't remeber a name.

What about De Rosario making the next team. He has a high amount of assist. That goal was sick! We could always use a strong leg to shoot outside of the 18.

My money is already with Taylor Twellman making it. He is one awesome man. We could use some guys that can create goals too.[/quote]i thought de rosario was a canadian national? ...maybe i heard it wrong

twellmans just too inconsistant, but hell certainly be given the opportunity if his play stays up to par... ej goes up top for sure next wc, hell, he should have been there this year... his partner? who knows for sure. maybe a 4-5-1 with an attacking midfielder... but my moneys on a sleeper pick in chris rolfe... and if not, probably ching, or the current star of the moment in mls.

edit-i mean, think of the possibilities...
timmy-hahnemann-Reis
Whitbread-gooch-spector-BOCANEGRA-Hejduk-Cherundolo-Albright
dempsey-donovan-beaz-adu-gibbs-convey-O'Brien-Olsen
ej-rolfe-ching-Wolff-West-Twellman-Casey

etc.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='287829' date='Jun 27 2006, 10:14 PM']i thought de rosario was a canadian national? ...maybe i heard it wrong

twellmans just too inconsistant, but hell certainly be given the opportunity if his play stays up to par... ej goes up top for sure next wc, hell, he should have been there this year... his partner? who knows for sure. maybe a 4-5-1 with an attacking midfielder... but my moneys on a sleeper pick in chris rolfe... and if not, probably ching, or the current star of the moment in mls.[/quote]
Oh i had no clue where De Rosario was from...i should have researched it. I just assumed since he didn't play in Europe he might have been american.

I no Eddie Johnson should be up top..quick up and coming. But do you think they will go to a 4-4-2. Because they definatly needed more attack...but i guess that would be just about the same as a attacking midfielder.

I think Argentina will win it all, so I'll take them over Germany...

Italy/Ukraine, I don't care, but it would probably look better for the US for Italy to win...

Portugal over England...ha ha...that's all I'm going to say about that...

Brazil over France...SCREW FRANCE...I hope Brazil doesn't lay back like they did against Ghana and they completely pour it on...I'll take a 10-0 score thank you

Who I want to see make the semis

Argentina vs Germany = Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine = Italy
England vs Portugal = England
France vs Brazil = Eh, this match should be one of the best in this cup along with Argentina vs Germany

[quote name='JC' post='287841' date='Jun 27 2006, 10:26 PM']Oh i had no clue where De Rosario was from...i should have researched it. I just assumed since he didn't play in Europe he might have been american.

I no Eddie Johnson should be up top..quick up and coming. But do you think they will go to a 4-4-2. Because they definatly needed more attack...but i guess that would be just about the same as a attacking midfielder.[/quote]
we basically run a 442 already, but we wont actually call it that even if we did switch to it... especially not under arena... but yes, i think with a better lineup and with a switch in formation we would have been MUCH more competitive... im somewhat disappointed in our team, but im really disappointed in bruce. hes one has one of the best minds ive ever seen and hes a great coach, but he really let me down in this cup. this team was set up to fail.

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/rob4eternity/ronaldinho.jpg[/img]

[b]amazing numerology to predict the fifa world cup winner

brazil won the world cup in 1994. before that, they had won this title
for the last time in 1970.
if you add up: 1970 + 1994 = 3964
argentina won the world cup for the last time in 1986. before that only
in 1978.
and 1978 + 1986 = 3964
germany, though, won the world cup in 1990. before that, germany won in
look: 1990 + 1974 = 3964
this could lead us to guess the winner of the world cup in 2002, since
it should be the winner of the 1962 world cup
(in fact 3964 - 2002 = 1962).
and brazil won the world cup in 1962! (and, in fact, brazil won the
2002 wc as well )
this numerology seems to work...
and now, who would be the winner of the 2006 world cup?
let s see, 3964 - 2006 = 1958
and who won in 1958?....[/b]

[b][size=7][color="#009900"]B[/color][color="#FFFF00"]r[/color][color="#3333FF"]a[/color][color="#FFFF00"]z[/color][color="#009900"]i[/color][color="#FFFF00"]l[/color] [color="#009900"]d[/color][color="#3333FF"]i[/color][color="#FFFF00"]d[/color] [color="#009900"]![/color][color="#3333FF"]![/color][color="#FFFF00"]![/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='289184' date='Jun 30 2006, 12:28 PM']it looks like Germany aint going past Agentina ![/quote]
I hope this goes to a shootout

Either way...if Germany loses or wins the fans are goign to go crazy for gods sake lets hope they win.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='JC' post='289556' date='Jul 1 2006, 02:32 PM']Portugal moving on.

Damn that was a good game...[/quote]
Good game? Thought that the England Portugal match was boring, up until overtime and penalty kicks. They just kept kicking the damn thing around.

[quote name='steggyD' post='289562' date='Jul 1 2006, 02:57 PM']Good game? Thought that the England Portugal match was boring, up until overtime and penalty kicks. They just kept kicking the damn thing around.[/quote]
well i was referring to the penalty kicks...but i should have made it a bit more clear :blush:

[quote name='JC' post='289556' date='Jul 1 2006, 02:32 PM']Portugal moving on.

Damn that was a good game.

[b]Brazil getting ready to dominate[/b]...it should be fun to watch![/quote]

:rolleyes:

Fuck france

I can't wait to see Portugal win it all...even though i didn't think they were going to beat England. Cristiano Ronaldo is pretty damn amazing so thats who i want to win this all.

[quote]Argentina vs Germany = Argentina[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote name='JC' post='289576' date='Jul 1 2006, 04:59 PM']Fuck france
I can't wait to see Portugal win it all...even though i didn't think they were going to beat England. Cristiano Ronaldo is pretty damn amazing so thats who i want to win this all.
:rolleyes:[/quote]

At least, at least I didn't <_<

nevermind, we were both wrong so it don't matter

;)
:ninja:

[quote name='#40' post='289583' date='Jul 1 2006, 05:45 PM']At least, at least I didn't <_<

nevermind, we were both wrong so it don't matter

;)
:ninja:[/quote]
:lol:

your right!

Archived