Soccer Thread

The third goal was the worst out of all. The guy beat Bradley then walked his way into the box as Bradley slowly trotted after and Boca didn't step up until the guy shot the ball.

I hope its a better game against Honduras Saturday. That was pitiful last night.

Bradley and Sascha are out next game. So we will probably see the 4-3-3 again..which was a fail.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='780656' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:25 AM']I missed the game but saw the score. I'm not a fan of the 4-3-3, except I don't blame Chelsea for using it, but that's Chelsea. Sounds like we didn't play so hot though.[/quote]
My problem with it was that the spacing was god awful. We had Duece Landon and Jozy up top. And Pablo Jr. and Torres in the midfield. Pablo was sucking into the middle a lot and just wasn't effective. Landon needs to be on the outside. He doesn't do well unless he has space. Deuce should probably be the other one. Jr. can be a CM. and we can plug someone else in the middle. Please not Pablo..especially after last game. Torres wasn't terrible, but Freddy brought a spark when he was in. I don't know how he doesn't start? Wynne should never see another cap.

Jozy-Ching
Deuce Adu Landon
Jr.
Hedjuk Boca Gooch Bease?

I don't much like Demarcus back there..but it's better than whatever else we got.

Good gutsy result tonight to get three points. I didn't catch the whole game..but when Deuce gets space..he might be the best player on the team..

No Jr. in the midfield tonight and clark looked pretty good. Boca's goal was killer. And Beasely came in and played midfield and looked a ton better than what he does when he plays D. I wish Adu would get more PT.

Bad news..boca went down with a hamstring injury, Marice Edu had knee surgery. Jozy has looked like dung the past two matches.

So we go into the Italy game with a huge win and some killer confidence. It's gonna be a battle. We should have Hedjuk and Ching back too.

[quote]Wynne should never see another cap[/quote]

I caught the Costa Rica game on replay. OH MY GOSH. Marvel Wynne puts the S.U.C.K. in suck. Guaranteed my 15 yr old son would of had better touches on the ball than some of his slop. Maybe Bradley set him up to fail and now has plenty of tape to back up why he never gets called for a national team roster again.

I DVR'd the Honduras game. Will watch tomorrow.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='780952' date='Jun 7 2009, 02:10 AM']I caught the Costa Rica game on replay. OH MY GOSH. Marvel Wynne puts the S.U.C.K. in suck. Guaranteed my 15 yr old son would of had better touches on the ball than some of his slop. Maybe Bradley set him up to fail and now has plenty of tape to back up why he never gets called for a national team roster again.

I DVR'd the Honduras game. Will watch tomorrow.[/quote]
Wynne is god awful. Lord.

We need two outside defensive backs bad. Once Hedjuk is gone were screwed.

Going into the Confed cup I would like to see a lineup of either

..............Jozy ..........Ching
Deuce ...Adu/Torres Jr. ......Landon
Pablo/Clark Boca Gooch Hedjuk

Or

...Jozy
..............Adu
Deuce ......Jr. ......Landon
.............Clark
Pablo/Demerit Boca Gooch Hedjuk

I think those are our best players all on the field.

[quote]U.S. Men's National Team Roster
2009 FIFA Confederations Cup
June 14-28, 2009 - South Africa
No. Player Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate Hometown Club Caps/G
1 Howard, Tim GK
2 Bornstein, Jonathan D
3 Bocanegra, Carlos D
4 Casey, Conor F
5 Onyewu, Oguchi D
6 Pearce, Heath D
7 Beasley, DaMarcus M
8 Dempsey, Clint F
9 Davies, Charlie F
10 Donovan, Landon F
11 Wynne, Marvell D
12 Bradley, Michael M
13 Clark, Ricardo M
14 Califf, Danny D
15 DeMerit, Jay D
16 Kljestan, Sacha M
17 Altidore, Jozy F
18 Guzan, Brad GK
19 Adu, Freddy M
20 Torres, José Francisco M
21 Spector, Jonathan D
22 Feilhaber, Benny M
23 Robles, Luis GK[/quote]

Marvell Wynne? Seriously, Bradley? Ugh

Too bad Hejduk and Edu are injured.

I like that Bradley is going to give Conor Casey more of a look up top with Jozy. Might be something there. I think lately LD is more effective playing one of the outside midfield spots. Put Duece on the right, LD on the left like the Honduras match.

Just not sorry to see Ching left off (is he injured? idk). Just looked like poo lately.

Tough group for this tournament. Brazil, Italy and Egypt.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='781153' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:26 PM']Marvell Wynne? Seriously, Bradley? Ugh

Too bad Hejduk and Edu are injured.

I like that Bradley is going to give Conor Casey more of a look up top with Jozy. Might be something there. I think lately LD is more effective playing one of the outside midfield spots. Put Duece on the right, LD on the left like the Honduras match.

Just not sorry to see Ching left off (is he injured? idk). Just looked like poo lately.

Tough group for this tournament. Brazil, Italy and Egypt.[/quote]
Jozy is the only striker we really have that isn't complete Doo. Casey may look good. I think we need to run a big bodied guy to play with Jozy that can hold possession and pass.

It's a nuts group. Hopefully we can pull through.

Just a random thought

When i watch the highlights from the past games..Clint Dempsey is just heads above all the guys on offense. He creates so many chances for us.

Too me..Clint is the best player on the U.S. national team right now. Landon is a distant second and Boca and Gooch are right behind him. Bradley Jr and Jozy will both be on par with Landon by the time the U.S. reaches South Africa.

Why does Landon get so much more press and credit than these guys? He doesn't even really do much besides score on penalty kicks. I have never seen Landon blast one from 18 out.

I think you can put Tim Howard there with Deuce and it's not an accident that our "best" players just happen to also be the 2 Americans you are having the most success in England. LD has had alot of hype following him for a long time and now that he is the all-time leader in goals, naturally the U.S. media is going to latch on to him. You're absolutely right, I can't even tell you the last time LD has scored that wasn't a PK. Actually the last one I can actually remember was against Mexico and he had a 1 on 1 with the keeper, scored and then the chico took a swing at him. However I'm thinking that game was 06 or 07. IDK. Def agree on Gooch and Boca, Jr. and Jozy. And looking ahead another year I would also put Adu, Edu in that mix. I'm a big fan of Heydude so I like having him playing right defender because he plays aggressive and can add to the attack. LD is heading into Beckham land, in that he needs to play as a winger. He is very good still and setting teammates up and sending balls in...kinda sounds like Becks LOL. You've said it and I agree, we have a problem at left back. Who's it going to be? Spector, Bornstein or Demerit? Wynne and Pearce need gone from the player pool! I think Beasley can play there if needed but our National Team needs to in a place where a move like that isn't necssary. Also agree on needing to settle on a 2nd striker. Taking LD out of that mix leaves Ching (for me that's an UGH) or Casey maybe. Bradley might have to go ahead and put Deuce there and that would actually allow a midfield of LD--Jr--Adu--Edu or Sacha...actually I kind of like that. That would put Deuce's playmaking ability up top and still have the young playmakers like Adu, Edu or Sacha on the field as well. We would still have Beasley (assuming not in on D), Clark and Feilhaber in reserve at midfield.

Sorry to ramble LOL

I think JR could take on a more offensive role. I think ever since the Mexico game he has shown he can go forward.

I just can't understand Landon and the way the U.S. latches onto him while he was bumblefucking around in the MLS while Deuce was in the premier league.

The second striker position is kind of unknown..but plenty of time to figure it out. Jozy can be a five tool player, but who is going to help. I think Adu could. I like Deuce on the wing..he makes good shit happen when he has a lot of space.

It will be interesting to see what happens in group play. We could gain some definate swagger if we can wipe these guys out.

• 2 weeks later...
:mellow:

I have no idea how the hell that happened. But i should eat some crow now on Landons part. What a game Cap.

Too much stuff to write for me..lets just say im overwhelmed with happiness. Don't take Davies out please.

:wuhh:

[quote name='JC' post='741151' date='Jun 21 2009, 09:14 PM']:mellow:

I have no idea how the hell that happened. But i should eat some crow now on Landons part. What a game Cap.

Too much stuff to write for me..lets just say im overwhelmed with happiness. Don't take Davies out please.

:wuhh:[/quote]

Just got a chance to watch the game from the DVR... Wow. Where the hell were these guys earlier?

[quote name='mongo' post='741402' date='Jun 23 2009, 09:42 AM']Just got a chance to watch the game from the DVR... Wow. Where the hell were these guys earlier?[/quote]
Beats me. I had been bitching about this kind of performance for awhile.

While it's Egypt and not Brasil or Italie, I'll take three goals. And Landon was the distributor on most chances we had. We will see what Landon does against Spain the #1 team in the world. I'm afraid Torres and Villa may be too much for our shaky backline. Here's to a miracle!

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='782184' date='Jun 24 2009, 08:46 PM']WAT? Where's the commentary on today's huge 2-0 upset of Spain?!?

I was up in the middle of the night to watch it, and it wasn't on here. <_<[/quote]

I was just reading an article yesterday on how the USA team thought that they could beat Spain and I'm thinking to myself "Yeah, right!".

Whoops... :pointlaff:

[quote name='Elflocko' post='782189' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:19 AM']I was just reading an article yesterday on how the USA team thought that they could beat Spain and I'm thinking to myself "Yeah, right!".

Whoops... :pointlaff:[/quote]
I'm a bit more than shocked. But I'll take it.

I saw a bit of the Brazil match I think it was.. and wow. Ughly.

All I want to know is, how can I be spending $ on a sports package that includes 2-4 soccer-only channels, and not get a fucking USA game? :shakesfist:

Worked. Forgot to record the game. Come home to a later recording. See the instant classic. US men beat Spain 2-0 scrolled down at the bottom. Fuck. I made my girlfriend keep is a secret all night.

I wish i had anything to say about it. I would watch it all but im so wrapped up in Dexter right now..

I may get to it eventually. All's i can say..is that this tourny has been a miracle..and Jozy is my boy.

Things may actually be going up. And I like it.

Fuck yeah. Actually I love it!

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='782196' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:06 PM']I'm a bit more than shocked. But I'll take it.

I saw a bit of the Brazil match I think it was.. and wow. Ughly.

All I want to know is, how can I be spending $ on a sports package that includes 2-4 soccer-only channels, and not get a fucking USA game? :shakesfist:[/quote]

It's like that everywhere.

We spent mad cash last year for the "MLB SEE ALL THE GAMES!!!!!!!" package, and every fucking time we tried to watch a Reds or Indians game it was "blacked out". :glare:

Shit, I saw the Reds play more on WGN than I did on that fucking package I paid good money for.

Bastards...

Bradley's red card.

Absolute horseshit. Were going to need him real bad next game. I hope Fifa does something about it. I wouldn't hold my breath though..

This is huge.

I know i should be happy about us getting second when we should have been knocked out..but i'm more upset that Bob Bradley is a fucking idiot.

When your up 2-0 against a team like a shitty central american team you can sit back and let them fiddle around in your half.

But when you are playing a world power like Brazil you do not do that. Unless your up 5-0. Teams like that can and will score with enough chances. If we would have tried to move the ball and wouldn't have defended with a lot of guys who were tired we would have won the game today. Instead we sat back and watched Brazil take chance after chance and win.

Sure it might have worked against Spain..but Fabiano and Kaka are way too dangerous. Thanks for fucking up qualifying for the WC Bob. Fuck you.

Sincerely,

Pissed off at Bob Bradley.

We could have used mike big time today..benny didn't impress me at all.

Archived