Same guy who did the karate chop to the chest vs. Spain in the WC Final

Same guy who is known for this crap

De Jong = poster boy for Thug Soccer

He's not the only one from the Dutch who plays like this

The Dutch are an embarrassment to the game

[quote][color="#111111"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]
[b][size=5]"Brutal" tackles must stop, says senior FIFA executive[/size][/b]
[b][i]Oct 7, 3:52 am EDT[/i]

[/b] [/font][/color][color="#111111"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"][size="2"]By Neil Maidment

LONDON, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Stricter sanctions must come in and a new mentality fostered to end "brutal" tackling, a senior FIFA executive committee member said on Thursday.

Belgian Michel D'Hooghe, who is also chairman of FIFA's medical committee, said he knew of players who had intentionally gone out to injure their opponents and that world soccer's governing body should let everyone know this cannot continue.

"I have made myself a compilation of hard tackles with dramatic consequences over the last two or three years in the most important competitions in the world," D'Hooghe said at the Leaders in Football Conference.

"I do not dare to present it, it would take away your appetite. It is terrible. This must go out (of the game).

"Sometimes I call the referee the first doctor on the pitch, not because he has to have a medical knowledge, but because he has a role in that most important part of medicine, namely prevention," added D'Hooghe.

"This is my wish, that all that brutality that sometimes goes close to criminality on the pitch is thrown out in the interest of our players and of a nice football game."

[b]Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong was dropped from the Dutch national squad on Monday after his tackle, which went unpunished at the time, broke the leg of Newcastle United's Hatem Ben Arfa in an English Premier League game on Sunday[/b].

D'Hooghe, who was president of the organising committee for Euro 2000, said he was intent on increasing sanctions to punish dangerous tackles.

"If you permit yourself to end the career of your colleague in the other shirt, why should I say that you should come back after 14 days?" he said.

[/size][/font][/color][color="#111111"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"][size="2"]"I think you should sanction these things very severely, that means a long, long expulsion from the game."[/size][/font][/color] [/quote]

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=reu-leaderstackles"]http://sports.yahoo....-leaderstackles[/url]

Speaking of USMNT..I really cannot wait to see Lichaj play. I really hope Danny Mwanga gets some play too here soon. Has oodles of potential and probably more want than Jozy.

If I'm Bob(thank god I'm not)..I'm bringing in young strikers instead of guys like EJ Ching and Cunningham. Start getting them some PT on the national level and some confidence.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1286572598' post='928131']
Speaking of USMNT..I really cannot wait to see Lichaj play. I really hope Danny Mwanga gets some play too here soon. Has oodles of potential and probably more want than Jozy.

If I'm Bob(thank god I'm not)..I'm bringing in young strikers instead of guys like EJ Ching and Cunningham. Start getting them some PT on the national level and some confidence.
[/quote]

Yes, young strikers. One of our biggest weaknesses along with left back...and an aging central defense, but....yeah, now is the time to develop real threats up top. Obviously qualifying in CONCACAF is not exactly South America or Europe. By 2014 those 3 (EJ, Ching and Cunningham) are going to be way, way, way past their prime. Right now they're just 1 "way" past their prime. Jozy needs somebody up there with him. Davies says he getting to 100% but who can say for certain what will happen with him? Regardless, developing young talent has to be a focus of Bradley

Danny has such a strong physical build. He certainly can be what Jozy was supposed to be in the form of Didier Drogba if he keeps his work ethic up.

I just really hope Jozy gets his shit together. Go somewhere where he can dominate..idc MLS, USL..whatever. Guy just needs to work on finishing, then he can play for Villareal. Right now he should be developing..not trying to play on a Spanish powerhouse. Freddy and Jozy need to come back and beat up the MLS and work on their game then move abroad..because they certainly aren't ready now.

With such a strong core of attacking coming through our system such as Mwanga, MacInery (who is probably our next superstar), Duka(I hope), Dillon Powers should be a good one, all that paired with our two central mids of the future, Stuey and Mike. Jozy is going to be pushed. Freddy is going to be pushed, possibly out the door.

I am so excited about the future of this team. So much young talent.

Our attack is so pathetic. The 4-3-3 was an utter disaster. Bob is stale with ideas. This four year run is going to be a bunch of shit.

Without Landon running a flank..we look as dangerous as a newborn baby.

-I like Jermaine Jones, but I feel like he is taking away from Mike Bradley. Mike has become one of our most dangerous options going forward..it now seems like he is stuck waiting for a counter-attack while Jermaine pushes up. Reverse the rolls. Mike seems to be much more dangerous.

-Stuart Holden is going to be great this cycle.

-Lichaj is our new RB. Now we need 2 cornerbacks and a LB.

-Jozy looks lackadaisical. He may not be agile enough to be productive on the international level. He really has seemed to become top-heavy since he was 17..maybe causing him to lose some speed.

-Bob has no balls. Push some more guys up and win the game. It's a friendly and you really need some confidence.

• 1 month later...
I knew it. Bob grew some balls put Mix in and he gets an assist off a beautiful ball. Dude is going to be awesome. We have a new holding midfielder to pair with Mike for the future.

Juan Angudelo at 17 getting his first cap and goal is just nasty. So composed on that ball. A lot of guys would have blown that over at that age. Looked good on the attack as well. Extrememly quick. If CD doesn't regain form, I think we got our new guy.

Bunbury didn't look terrible. Might have a Ching-esque career for USMNT.

Spector has lost form. Guy was great in confed cup, now he looks worse than Borstein.

Announcers were all over Tim Ream's nutsack, and he actually showed why. Guy is going to be good in the middle for us. Just as Goodson. I'd love to see Gale get more burn though. He is going to be one of the best USMNT defenders ever. I can see it. Bob needed to give him some more burn.

Robbie Findley is terrible. He should never see another cap for us. Absolutely terrible touch. How does he even have an MLS spot?

• 2 weeks later...
130 degree weather and a air conditioner is supposed to fix that? Give me a break. A country the size of a thumbnail is supposed to support all the people that are going to come to see this event? What a joke. What is even more frustrating is that I was planning to go to the 2022 WC and now I have to watch our boys go suffer heat exhaustion in Qatar.

At least it won't be under Bob Bradley..

When will FIFA punish Qatar for their bribe?

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1291321752' post='947063']
Yeah, I have no idea how a country with a population of less than 2 million is supposed to host a WC. The US sold better than 2x that number of tickets in 1994. What a cluster fuck that is going to be.
[/quote]

ESPN was saying no one has ever sold more tickets than when the U.S. hosted it a long time ago. That alone should have got FIFA to have the games here.

• 2 months later...
MB gets a loan to AV and doesn't make the bench. Great.

Anyways, tomorrow's battle between Chelsea and Liverpool is the most excited I've been for a club soccer match in sometime. Didier and Torres on the same front line together? Wow.

Chuck gets a loan to DC United. Hopefully he can find his pre-crash form.

Jozy over to Turkey. Let's just hope he can find form. He's becoming Adu v2 fast.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1296920358' post='968398']
MB gets a loan to AV and doesn't make the bench. Great.

Anyways, tomorrow's battle between Chelsea and Liverpool is the most excited I've been for a club soccer match in sometime. Didier and Torres on the same front line together? Wow.

Chuck gets a loan to DC United. Hopefully he can find his pre-crash form.

Jozy over to Turkey. Let's just hope he can find form. He's becoming Adu v2 fast.
[/quote]

Didn't see that about MB, hopefully that's temporary and gets on the pitch...or another waste of time by an American overbroad.

Very interesting what happens with Torres at Chelsea. I was reading over the game summary on the EPL Buddy app on my phone and it looks like Drogba, Torres & Anelka all started so I'm assuming they went with a 4-3-3, which I figured since they didn't move Anelka in the transfer window, like I heard right after the Torres signing they looked into.

At least with CD in the MLS it will greatly improve his chances of actually playing and could be a good rehab/re-find his form.

Jozy...def falling off the radar

• 1 month later...
6 months for Stu. Guy has the worst luck ever. I was really looking forward to seeing him in the middle for us during the Gold Cup. Especially since the great form he was in at Bolton.

Get better soon Stu!

With MB90's ass firmly planted on AV's bench, there's no reason we shouldn't be seeing a Edu/Jones combo in the midfield. I'd like to see some Mix too.

Oh and CD9 with a double bagger for DC in his first game back. Keep getting that form Chuck! We could use you back. Juan Agudelo also bagged one. He should be in the running for a place in the XI.

• 1 month later...
[quote]FIFA members 'paid $1.5m for votes'
May 10, 2011

* Email
* Print

Two FIFA executives have been accused of accepting bribes of $1.5 million to vote for Qatar as hosts of the 2022 World Cup finals.

FIFA has upheld its bans
GettyImagesFIFA is facing further questions

• Lord Triesman accuses four
• FIFA bans upheld

The Sunday Times submitted the evidence to MPs at the culture, media and sport committee in the House of Commons.

Conservative MP Damian Collins said that FIFA vice-president Issa Hayatou from Cameroon and Jacques Anouma from the Ivory Coast were paid by Qatar.

Two other executive committee members, Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii, have already been banned following the Sunday Times revelations.

Collins said: "The Sunday Times' submission, and this is to be published by us later, claims that $1.5million was paid to FIFA executive committee members Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma who went on to vote for Qatar.''

Collins said the submission claimed Qatar specifically employed a fixer to arrange deals with African members for their votes, however Mike Lee, the London-based public relations consultant who worked on Qatar's bid, said he was unaware of any payments being made.

Lee, formerly communications director of the Premier League, UEFA and London's 2012 Olympic bid, told MPs: ''I was working at the highest level of that bid and talking at length with the chairman and CEO and saw no evidence of any of these allegations. My experience is I would have had a sense if such things were going on and I had no sense of that.''[/quote]

Can't say I'm surprised. FIFA is so corrupt, it's ridiculous. Just kind of burns me, because I was really looking forward to this, as I was most definitely going to attend a few matches.

Anyways, only a few weeks until Spain comes and get's some..again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name='Fela Kuti' timestamp='1313863412' post='1018214']
Any mls fans here? Robby Keane to galaxy should pretty much wrap it up for the galaxy to win the cup this year. I could only see FC Dallas or Seattle challenging them
[/quote]
Keane already bagged one. I think he could be huge for the league. He's not here trying to get that final payday and will only help the level of play in the league. Unfortunately, it's still going to be awhile before the MLS is even close to on par with the EPL or La Liga.

The EPL is starting to get kind of stale though. It's pretty much Man U and then a battle for second. La Liga is Barca and then Real just fighting each other, with Barca being the overwhelming favorite. I can see more EPL guys coming this way in hopes of the US popularity and the ability to play for a trophy.

REALLY, really hope Didier Drogba comes over here next. I'd love to see a relegation system in MLS too. I think were getting up to 20 teams with the next expansion, and with the way the Sounders have played, it would be pretty neat. Make it happen MLS!

Also, NYRB have in the past year rejected two bids for Tim Ream. Seems like it's only a matter of time before he makes the jump. George John going to Blackburn, makes it only a matter of time before Klinsy gives him a call. Jozy scores two goals today. Brek Shea being scouted majorly by teams. US soccer is on the way up. I cannot wait.

Yeah mls is not close to EPL but I enjoy watching both. Drogba would be a huge move if he came stateside and you have to be encourage by the way mls is improving. I agree that Shea is most likely gone after this season. George John to blackburn would be nice to see but he is also a greek citizen so he might end up playing for the greek nation team instead of the nats.

I kinda torn on ream bc he has games that make you go 'wtf"? haha. He def has a ton of talent and is great passing the ball out of the backfield but can suffer some real defensive lapses. He is young thou and I hope he keeps improving for the sake of the nats

Im excited about Chandler. He plays at a high level in germany and to get a young speedy RB would be awesome for the national team

If Klinsy doesn't pursue George for the next two friendly's, big time, guaranteeing a spot in the XI, he is high. We are so thin at center back we need to cap every single dual citizen we can. If he plays for Greece over us, I'd be shocked.

Goodson/Boca is not a very good pairing. Awful in fact. I'd like to see more Orozoco.

Gosh. Chandler, Brek, Jozy, Juan, Mix, Lichaj, Stu, Adu, MB, Torres. We have quite a future in front of us. Can't see anyone in our region messing with us. I'd even venture to say within the next 4 years we have a great shot at a #1 seed for the WC.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='JC' timestamp='1313973964' post='1018848']
If Klinsy doesn't pursue George for the next two friendly's, big time, guaranteeing a spot in the XI, he is high. We are so thin at center back we need to cap every single dual citizen we can. If he plays for Greece over us, I'd be shocked.
[/quote]

I think the only reason he wasn't called up was because of he was in the middle of trying to settle a contract with Blackburn at the time, but I think he will be called up for the next round for sure.

I'm really excited to think about what our 2014 roster might look like. My guess right now would be the following even though it's WAY too early to predict:

2014 23 man roster: (4-1-3-1-1 Formation)

[b]Goalie:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Tim Howard[/color], Brad Guzan, Bill Hamid
[b]Center Back:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Carlos Bocanegra, George John[/color], Clarence Goodson, Mikel Orozco-Fiscal
[b]Left Back:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Fabian Johnson[/color], Eric Lijach
[b]Right Back:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Steve Cherundolo[/color], Timothy Candler
[b]Holding Mid:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Kyle Beckerman[/color], Maurice Edu
[b]Left Mid:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Brek Shea[/color], Freddy Adu
[b]Center Mid: [/b][color=#FF0000]Jose Torres[/color], Benny Feilhaber
[b]Right Mid:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Stewart Holden[/color], Josh Gatt
[b]Offensive Mid: [/b][color=#FF0000]Landon Donovan[/color], Juan Agudelo
[b]Center Forward:[/b] [color=#FF0000]Jozy Altidore[/color], Clint Dempsey

Honestly, the toughest call is how to get Donovan and Dempsey on the field at the same time. I think Dempsey is better playing up top as a target man and Agudelo might be better served to move off the ball a little more, so I would switch those two in the formation. I really think Holden will make a big impact when he returns and I wouldn't be surprised to see Josh Gatt make a big impact VERY soon as well. He's got the speed, ball skills, and attacking ability to be a really quality winger. I think like everyone assumes, Fabian Johnson will be the best left back option when it's all said and done and Lijach showed enough attacking ability from the back to back-up at that spot. All in all, it's going to be VERY competitve for spots on Klinsy's roster which is a very good sign for the future.

I never thought about Fabian Johnson. Good call my friend.

Haven't been a huge fan of the lone striker up top. It only seemed to work against Mex with Juan Agudelo. I just think you have to have a guy who has some aerial ability up there and Clint is the only one. By this time, it's going to be very hard to remove Jozy from the line-up I think. I'd like to see a 4-1-2-1-2, with:

-----------------Tim-------------
Chandler--John----Gonzales----Johnson
-----------------Stu------------------------
Landon--------------------------Shea
----------------Clint-------------------
-----Jozy---------------Juan-------

I just hope Landon and Clint hold up. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jose Torres play the holding mid and Stu move to attacking mid. I'm sure a few will emerge out of nowhere ala Herc Gomez for 2014 so I'm sure this won't be the line-up we see.

• 1 month later...
Idk what it is, but I'm majorly nervous about qualifying for this WC.

I know Mexico and us are in a league of our own in Concacaf, but with the lack of scoring and overall attack, this team makes me nervous.

Just some random thoughts:
-Keep Brek Shea on the left wing. He terrorizes that flank. Landon is the right mid. I saw that Klinsy moved Brek to the right wing after he took Danny Williams out. Do not like that move. Brek is our left winger for the near future.
-Clint Dempsey is our CF. Don't put him on the outside, because he will just float inside. Keep him as the attacking mid/dropped striker. He is too much of a threat not too.
-Stop playing Chandler at LB. The guy is so much more dangerous at RB. 'Dolo hasn't gotten forward since he lost form at Hannover. Don't stunt this kid's growth.
-Agudelo is too dangerous to be out of the line-up. I cannot believe Klinsy has not played him and Altidore together. This is baffling. The last time this team made noise was when C.Deezy and Jozy were running together. Agudelo is a budding star. I do know that Klisny says he wants to move slow with him, but Jozy is turning into the guy we wanted him too, if Agudelo does too, you cannot wait to bring him on until the 70th minute.
-Cap George John. With the lack of depth at center back and especially watching Fiscal, this is dumbfounding.
-Mo Edu does not look good at the int'l level. He just makes too many mistakes. I know Bradley is quiet at times, but he is a threat in the final third a lot. He is a mean mothereffer, and he is playing in a top notch league. Don't bring him off the pine for Mo.
-I hate the double destroyer midfield. Especially when the offense sputters so much. Makes me think about how some little country is going to score two fluke goals on us and we wait until the 75th minute to try to get a draw while they're bunkered down. The mentality sucks. We need to attack, and put the other team on the offensive, not sit back and wait for a goal to be handed to us.

Archived