Reds @ Pirates

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
[b][color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds (23-15)[/color][/b] [b]@[/b] [color="#ffff00"][b]pissburgh Pirates (11-27[/b])[/color]

[b][color="#000000"]Game 1 of a 3 Game Set[/color][/b]

[b]A.Harang (5-1, 4.02 ERA) vs. P. Maholm (1-4, 5.03 ERA)[/b]

[b]Gametime: 7:05 (Cincinnati Time)[/b]

[b][u]WhoDeyForever's Prediction[/u][/b]

[b]Reds--8[/b]

[b]Pirates--1[/b]

I think this is finally time for the offense to do its job...

[b][size=6][color="#ff0000"]GO REDS!!!![/color][/size][/b]

Guest WhoDeyForever
:AFTER LONG RUN:

[color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds--How many years in a row can they break my heart?[/color]

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='269105' date='May 16 2006, 08:34 PM']:AFTER LONG RUN:

[color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds--How many years in a row can they break my heart?[/color][/quote]

Looks like the beginning of the downfall like last year.

[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='269122' date='May 16 2006, 10:34 PM']Looks like the beginning of the downfall like last year.[/quote]

The Savior Bronson Arroyo is on the mound tomorrow night. I'm guaranteeing he pitches a hell of a game. And the Reds will win, if Narron leaves him in to pitch the complete game and the bullpen doesn't get a chance to blow it. In Bronson I Trust...I Still Believe

Astros got pounded 14-3 and the Cardinals are losing 4-3 in the 7th but its a rain delay right now.

So if the Cardinals lose the Reds wont lose any ground in the standings.
I just hope these guys remember how to use those things call bats that they have.

This has certainly been an interesting way for the reds to lose 4 games in a row, given mostly stellar pitching performances (well, stellar compared to what we've been conditioned to be used to for 10 years or more) and a failure on the part of the offense to show up for FOUR GAMES IN A ROW!
What gives? Supposedly we can swing the bats with anybody and pitching is our biggest problem.
Not lately.
Although things like this during what is the longest season and amount of games played in a professional sport tend to even themselves out.
I'm just not ready to jump on that "here we go again" bandwagon just yet.
I'd prefer to believe that Castellini is going to give a "banana hands" Tim Robbins-like motivational speech to the boys in the locker room tomorrow to get them going.....

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='JC' post='269203' date='May 17 2006, 07:06 AM']hmm...it seems as if 3/4 of our run production this year will come from home runs.[/quote]

thats better than the 4/4 the past 3 years......

if we wouldnt bury Edwin and Phillips in the bottom of the lineup this team would be much better off.

Aurilia comes back friday, i bet he provides more of a spark to this offense than Griffey did.

Archived