Reds @ Tigers

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever

[b][color="#ff0000"]Cincinnati Reds[/color] [color="#ff0000"](25-17)[/color] @ [color="#000099"]Detroit Tigers (27-14)[/color]

[color="#000099"][color="#ff0000"]E. Milton (2-1, 6.38 ERA) [/color][color="#000000"]vs[/color] M. Maroth (5-2, 2.13 ERA)[/color][/b]

Gametime: 7:05 Cincinnati

Game 2 of a 3 Set

Sorry about putting this up late guys..I totally forgot about it :D

[b][size=7][color="#ff0000"]Go Reds!!!!![/color][/size][/b]

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='270770' date='May 20 2006, 08:13 PM']What is it with the Reds pitchers playing "lets load the bases with no outs and see if we can get everybody else out???" That is really starting to backfire.[/quote]

its a fun game tho.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='270775' date='May 20 2006, 08:26 PM']its a fun game tho.[/quote]

:lmao: Got that right :lol: Nice homers by Griff and Dunn..now lets keep the lead :headbang:

Guest oldschooler

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

Weathers gives up a HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.
Then in the 10th, Philips screws up on a for sure double play ball, but gets a force out.
Then Lopez has a throwing error to 1st base to lose the game in the 10th with 2 outs !

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] again !

:mellow:

If the Reds had a good closer this game would have been over in the 9th.
Instead they have a soft tossing turd that has blown his 3rd straight save.

The Reds owners need to bitch slap Narron and tell him to make Coffey or someone else the closer.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='270867' date='May 20 2006, 11:40 PM']I was at the game tonight...good game but a heart breaker, unbelievable how bad weathers is. By the way Aurillia didnt even give an effort for the ball he just stuck his glove out. I blame the loss on Milton, Weathers, Aurillia, and Lopez[/quote]

Id rather blame it on Weathers for allowing the game to go extra innings... or Narron for making Weathers the closer.

:badger:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote][quote name='CTA513' post='270821' date='May 20 2006, 10:29 PM']
If the Reds had a good closer this game would have been over in the 9th.
Instead they have a soft tossing turd that has blown his 3rd straight save.

The Reds owners need to bitch slap Narron and tell him to make Coffey or someone else the closer.[/quote]

[quote name='BengalsFanInNC' post='270825' date='May 20 2006, 10:31 PM']time to jump on the todd coffey for closer bandwagon if you already aren't on it. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img][/quote]

[quote name='CTA513' post='270885' date='May 21 2006, 12:25 AM']Id rather blame it on Weathers for allowing the game to go extra innings... or Narron for making Weathers the closer.

:badger:[/quote]
[/quote]

weathers made a good pitch and that ball carried forever, no one in that park thought it was a HR until it ended up over the fence.

Coffey wont fix the problem and all that will do is make the 6-7-8 innings much weaker. The problem is the Reds defense sucks. Lopez can make the great play, but he cant make a simple fucking throw. I played shortstop for like 12 years and i had a few throwing errors, but he has more in a month than i had in many seasons. I dont get how u can be in the majors and play SS and u cant throw the ball to 1B, same thing goes for Edwin at 3B. And those r 2 of my 3 favorite players on the Reds.

You guys blaming Weathers are nuts. Bad defense in the 10th cost us that game, plain and simple. Brandon Philipps should have tagged the stealing baserunner because the throw was there....he didn't.
brandon Philips falls down against fucking Dimitri Young, of all people on an easy double-play, and barely gets the out at second.
Then Felipe hesitates and makes a bad throw to give Detroit the game we should have won.
This time it wasn't pitching. In fact, lately when the Reds have been losing, the pitching has been good, we either haven't mustered the offense to support it or our defense falls into shambles like tonight....

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Bunghole' post='270898' date='May 21 2006, 01:27 AM']You guys blaming Weathers are nuts. Bad defense in the 10th cost us that game, plain and simple. Brandon Philipps should have tagged the stealing baserunner because the throw was there....he didn't.
brandon Philips falls down against fucking Dimitri Young, of all people on an easy double-play, and barely gets the out at second.
Then Felipe hesitates and makes a bad throw to give Detroit the game we should have won.
This time it wasn't pitching. In fact, lately when the Reds have been losing, the pitching has been good, we either haven't mustered the offense to support it or our defense falls into shambles like tonight....[/quote]

So its the defense that gave up the homer in the bottom of the 9th?? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='270901' date='May 20 2006, 11:29 PM']So its the defense that gave up the homer in the bottom of the 9th?? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img][/quote]
So since the reds don't even really have a closer Weathers giving up a HR overshadows his gutty performance otherwise and hides the blatant throwing/fielding errors that actually cost us the game?

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Bunghole' post='270902' date='May 21 2006, 01:31 AM']So since the reds don't even really have a closer Weathers giving up a HR overshadows his gutty performance otherwise and hides the blatant throwing/fielding errors that actually cost us the game?[/quote]

If he didnt give up that homer we wouldnt be having this conversation right now :D

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='270905' date='May 20 2006, 11:33 PM']If he didnt give up that homer we wouldnt be having this conversation right now :D[/quote]
Yeah, and if the Tigers reliever hadn't given up the grand salami to Junior then we'd be in the same boat.... ;)

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bunghole' post='270898' date='May 21 2006, 01:27 AM']You guys blaming Weathers are nuts. Bad defense in the 10th cost us that game, plain and simple. Brandon Philipps should have tagged the stealing baserunner because the throw was there....he didn't.
This time it wasn't pitching. In fact, lately when the Reds have been losing, the pitching has been good, we either haven't mustered the offense to support it or our defense falls into shambles like tonight....[/quote]

The stealing 2nd base was kinda iffy imo. It looked like the guys hit the glove (unintentionally), which i think knocked the ball out, altho Phillips still should have held it. The dmitri young ball was hit hard as fuck and i was just glad he got 1 of the guys out. Phillips is a VERY good defensive player (and a natural SS) so im not going to rip him because he has been our best fielder this season. Lopez, however, has to improve his throwing at SOME POINT and it needs to happen real fuckin soon, same goes for Edwin.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='270893' date='May 21 2006, 01:20 AM']weathers made a good pitch and that ball carried forever, no one in that park thought it was a HR until it ended up over the fence.[/quote]

Thurman i agree with most of the stuff you have said tonight, but I was at the game and believe me everyone knew it was either a hr or very close to one right when it was hit, freel made it look close but it cleared the fence by at least 10 feet...everyone got on their feet and started clapping as if it were a hr right when it was hit

Archived