--- GOOGLE EARTH IS GOD !!!! ---

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='274032' date='May 27 2006, 05:20 PM']Am I missing something? That's a map, not satellite images, right?[/quote]
Yea that just shows streets not real images of the actual land. Ive been playing with it all day trying to find even the smallest things one cool thing I tried was compairing the real eifle tower with the one at kings island. yep I'm bored...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='273934' date='May 27 2006, 12:50 AM']When we were flying out to Vegas, we went for miles and miles over an area that looked like the moon with crop circles everywhere (for lack of a better way to describe it). On here I see that it is the entire Oklahoma panhandle. What the fuck is that????[/quote]

Does anybody know??? Zoom in on the Oklahoma panhandle. It's been bugging the fuck out of me since we flew over it.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='274054' date='May 27 2006, 02:30 PM']Does anybody know??? Zoom in on the Oklahoma panhandle. It's been bugging the fuck out of me since we flew over it.[/quote]

That is kinda weird how that one area is completly diffrent color wise., I zommed in and it looks like a bunch of fields. But its weird how it just so abrubtly changes color.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='274058' date='May 27 2006, 03:37 PM']That is kinda weird how that one area is completly diffrent color wise., I zommed in and it looks like a bunch of fields. But its weird how it just so abrubtly changes color.[/quote]

Yeah, and that's really what it looked like from the plane.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='274063' date='May 27 2006, 08:29 PM']Yeah, and that's really what it looked like from the plane.[/quote]
wow, it really is a strange place to look at and wierd how it only exists perfectly in the panhandle. Looks like the land of pie charts and radar screens. :huh: I have a cousin that lives in the pan handle but haven't heard from her in ages, wish I new how to reach her or I would ask.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='274071' date='May 27 2006, 05:15 PM'][b]Also why the fuck is Missouri so lush and green compared to the rest of the U.S. ???[/b][/quote]

Because none lives there and thus the industrial complex didnt rape the land.

:ninja:

[quote name='RoyT' post='274052' date='May 27 2006, 02:25 PM']Yea that just shows streets not real images of the actual land. Ive been playing with it all day trying to find even the smallest things one cool thing I tried was compairing the real eifle tower with the one at kings island. yep I'm bored...[/quote]

Nope,it shows actual land as well.You just need to click on the appropriate button.Where you see the arrows,you'll see road and aerial.Click on aerial.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Sox' post='274214' date='May 28 2006, 01:21 AM']Nope,it shows actual land as well.You just need to click on the appropriate button.Where you see the arrows,you'll see road and aerial.Click on aerial.[/quote]

Oh, ok. The places I checked with that, the photos are a couple of years old, but yeah. I could see some places that google didn't show well.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='274054' date='May 27 2006, 02:30 PM']Does anybody know??? Zoom in on the Oklahoma panhandle. It's been bugging the fuck out of me since we flew over it.[/quote]
Backer,

Those are farmers fields. Most of the ares in the plains require irrigation in the form of big ass sprinklers that go in a LARGE circle with several sparying heads on them. And only the areas that get water grow. Look at Westeren Kansas and other baren areas. You will begin to recognize. In Kansas most of these fields are Sugar Beats, Wheat and Sunflowers. I will assume the same for Okla. I think it is called center pivot irrigation

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_City,_Kansas"]Irrigated fields[/url]

[img]http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/CTW/GardenCityAllSlide.jpeg[/img]

[img]http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/CTW/Center-pivotIrrigation.jpeg[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
Thanks, that makes sense. I still wonder about the perfectly rectangular gray appearance of the land that the circles are on in the panhandle.

Archived