89 Gitmo detainees on hunger strike

Guest BlackJesus

14 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done about this ?

• Force feed them, make them eat
    • Let them wither away and starve to death if they choose
    • Try them for a crime or release them

By the way if anyone wants to see the evidence presented for the moussaoui trial.

[url="http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/"]http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/[/url]

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='276179' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:31 PM']Sorry, but some people don't deserve to be treated as humans.[/quote]

Yeah there were some people who thought like that about folks like yourself back in the day.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='276179' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:31 PM']Sorry, but some people don't deserve to be treated as humans.[/quote]

[b]that's the same argument that was most likely used to sell off your great-x3 grandparents .... [/b] <_<

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276186' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:37 PM']Let em Die.
They would let us die.[/quote]

[i]"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world Blind"[/i]
[b]--- Gandhi [/b]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='276181' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:33 PM']By the way if anyone wants to see the evidence presented for the moussaoui trial.

[url="http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/"]http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/[/url]
Yeah there were some people who thought like that about folks like yourself back in the day.[/quote]

*yawn*

Enough.

We're not talking about the Civil Rights Movement. I'm talking about the type of people who are bonafide sure fire terrorists that we capture. They deserve no trial. Execute them or keep them locked up for the rest of their lives.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='276188' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:40 PM']*yawn*

Enough.

We're not talking about the Civil Rights Movement. I'm talking about the type of people who are bonafide sure fire terrorists that we capture. They deserve no trial. Execute them or keep them locked up for the rest of their lives.[/quote]

Hello McFly?!?!?! We gave a bonafide terrorist a trial. What is the difference here?

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='276188' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:40 PM']We're not talking about the Civil Rights Movement. I'm talking about the type of people who are bonafide sure fire terrorists that we capture. They deserve no trial. Execute them or keep them locked up for the rest of their lives.[/quote]

[b]We are talking about Human rights ..... Civil Rights are part of human rights.

And we don't know that they are bonafide terrorists ... because we haven't tried them for anything ..... it has been reported that there our kids as young as 11 that were kept at Gitmo ....

That is why you have a trial = show that they are terrorists .... and give them a chance to answer their charges .....

If Osamas point was to destroy our "liberties" and our commitment to them ... then I am afraid he has already won .... -_- [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='276187' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:39 PM'][i]"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world Blind"[/i]
[b]--- Gandhi [/b][/quote]
They say it's a vicious cycle.

The only thing that get truly vicious is when people don't fight back and stand up for themselves.

If they don't get punished, it'll keep happening.

[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276192' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:45 PM']They say it's a vicious cycle.

The only thing that get truly vicious is when people don't fight back and stand up for themselves.

If they don't get punished, it'll keep happening.[/quote]

So try them and put them in prison for the rest of their natural lives. Don't make them martyrs.

[quote name='Paul' post='276193' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:46 PM']What the goverment knows is far more then we know or will ever know about these terrorist.[/quote]

That may be, but they can still try them.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276192' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:45 PM']The only thing that get truly vicious is when people don't fight back and stand up for themselves.

If they don't get punished, it'll keep happening.[/quote]

[b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

these guys were in the mountains of Afghanistan .... they had no part in 9/11 .... and believe me if they did, we would have put them on a show trial already ....

WE INVADED AFGHANISTAN and they were there ..... it isn't like they invaded the U.S. .... they happened to be in the country they lived in ... and we swooped them up and now we are not saying why we are holding them ... or trying them for anything .... [/b]

[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276195' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM']Our right to excist is more important than our right to know.[/quote]

We can put them on trial without giving up anything that is sensitive. Again, we had sensitive info presented during the moussaoui trial.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='276194' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM']So try them and put them in prison for the rest of their natural lives. Don't make them martyrs.[/quote]

If you cannot contribute to society and you have hate in your heart which makes you want to kill anyone who is not like you, why should we keep them alive?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276195' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:47 PM']Our right to excist is more important than our right to know.[/quote]

[b]these are not mutually exclusive .....

and our constitution gives us the right to know whom our government detains and why they detain them .... we also have the right to have our congress declare WAR before our army invades another country .... we didn't do that .....

you can't have POW's without a delcared WAR

thus these guys are victims of kidnapping anyway you slice it [/b]

[quote name='Paul' post='276198' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:50 PM']I meant that they are in Gitmo for a reason, which is one most of us don't know and less terrorist in the world.[/quote]

So then try them, and keep them in gitmo and you still have less terrorits in the world.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276199' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:50 PM']If you have hate in your heart which makes you want to kill anyone , why should we keep them alive?[/quote]

[b]and what do you think our US troops have in their hearts when they kill ? Love ? [/b]

[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276199' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:50 PM']If you cannot contribute to society and you have hate in your heart which makes you want to kill anyone who is not like you, why should we keep them alive?[/quote]

Why on earth would you want to give them what they want in making them martyrs? Forbid them to get the 70 virgins, that would be a more fitting punishment in reflection to their beliefs.

[img]http://home.online.no/~ptrptr/road/Extra/sheep.gif[/img]
say the people who don't value knowing anything

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='276202' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:53 PM'][b]and what do you think our US troops have in their hearts when they kill ? Love ? [/b][/quote]

yikes, i was 100% with you till you said this.

Do some get off on killing? Im sure and they should be at a mental ward not in battle. But most are doing what they have been orderd to do, or they get killed themselves.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='276206' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:56 PM']yikes, i was 100% with you till you said this.
Do some get off on killing? Im sure and they should be at a mental ward not in battle. But most are doing what they have been orderd to do.[/quote]

[b]Are you implying that some "terrorists" are not ordered to do their killing ?

He said that terrorists have "hate" in their heart when they kill ? I would contend that anyone who kills would have to have hate in their heart.

Now we can argue over justified hate over unjustified hate .... but I don't believe it is possible to kill out of love in war. [/b]

[quote name='Die Hard Orange and Black' post='276208' date='Jun 1 2006, 10:59 PM']You can't have POW's without a uniformed military.[/quote]

[b]EXACTLY !!! you are making my point for me .... we are calling them POW's [/b] :crazy:

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='276209' date='Jun 1 2006, 11:00 PM'][b]Are you implying that some "terrorists" are not ordered to do their killing ?

He said that terrorists have "hate" in their heart when they kill ? I would contend that anyone who kills would have to have hate in their heart.

Now we can argue over justified hate over unjustified hate .... but I don't believe it is possible to kill out of love in war. [/b][/quote]

And some have survival on their minds. Love and hate isn't even in the equation.

Archived