Cubs @ Reds

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='280187' date='Jun 9 2006, 10:24 PM']How can you not at least tie the game with bases loaded and 0 outs!!!!! WTF :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:[/quote]

well we lost this game cuz Olmedo didnt tag on Phillips sac fly, mistake by Olmedo and the 3B coach, pathetic...

Then lopez had a real bad game and Phillips got real unlucky cuz he was crushing the ball...right at people.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='280413' date='Jun 10 2006, 11:32 AM']I agree Thurman, i think Olmedo not tagging was big and also Lopez's inaccurate arm on a taylor made double play cost us the game. We never should have even been hitting in the 9th.[/quote]

Olmedo was tagging up at 3rd but the 3rd base coach held him up.
Its kind of surprising, because he likes to send people almost all the time even when they dont have a chance.

Guest ThurmanMunster
wtf went on with lopez stealing 2nd on that one play? 1st and 3rd no outs, Griffey up and he gets thrown out by a mile?

[quote name='CTA513' post='280456' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:31 PM']Olmedo was tagging up at 3rd but the 3rd base coach held him up.
Its kind of surprising, because he likes to send people almost all the time even when they dont have a chance.[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='280460' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:41 PM']wtf went on with lopez stealing 2nd on that one play? 1st and 3rd no outs, Griffey up and he gets thrown out by a mile?[/quote]

There was definitely some bad base calling by the 3rd base coach

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='The Entertainer' post='280461' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:47 PM']There was definitely some bad base calling by the 3rd base coach[/quote]

i heard most of the game on the radio while working, but i didnt get to see it at all.

We lost that game because bad base running, inability to knock someone in from 3rd with 0 outs and inability to knock anyone ON OUR OWN in with bases loaded and 0 outs. Thats pathetic. You MUST do those things EVERYTIME in order to make the playoffs.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='280464' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:51 PM']i heard most of the game on the radio while working, but i didnt get to see it at all.
We lost that game because bad base running, inability to knock someone in from 3rd with 0 outs and inability to knock anyone ON OUR OWN in with bases loaded and 0 outs. Thats pathetic. You MUST do those things EVERYTIME in order to make the playoffs.[/quote]

They lost the game in the 7th when they couldnt turn a double play to end the inning that allowed a run to score and then 2 more runs scored on a fly ball that Kearns couldnt see.

3 Runs scored in that inning that shouldnt have and the bad base running didnt help either.
Olmedo had a chance to score on Lopez single but was held up and he was also held up on Phillips fly ball to right. The 3rd base couch sucks, he sends people when they have no chance at making it home and then holds guys that have a chance of scoring.

The only thing I could get out of the Lopez stealing 2nd is that he was hoping they wouldnt throw because of the guy on 3rd. If they were going to try and steal it would have made more since to try a double steal and send the runner at 3rd home.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='280460' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:41 PM']wtf went on with lopez stealing 2nd on that one play? 1st and 3rd no outs, Griffey up and he gets thrown out by a mile?[/quote]

Thurman,

I might bust your balls when it comes to comparing stats of modern day players to earlier era players,

but I got to give you props, I said the same thing. So what if he's safe, they walk Griffey.

I do not understand that call unless he (Lopez) did it on his own.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Lawman' post='280485' date='Jun 10 2006, 03:40 PM']Thurman,

I might bust your balls when it comes to comparing stats of modern day players to earlier era players,

but I got to give you props, [b]I said the same thing. So what if he's safe, they walk Griffey.[/b]

I do not understand that call unless he did it on his own.[/quote]

i tend to like to disagree with people in modern day players to earlier players because u cant compare. Altho Bonds is the best talent ever and Josh Gibson was 2nd ;).

Now if they walk Griffey i wouldnt mind it. Aurilia is our most clutch hitter and he would have been up with the bases loaded and no one out. Id always like to have Aurilia up bases loaded none out than Griffey up 1st and 3rd, none out. Atleast at this point in the season i would. Aurilia has been our # 1 guy to hit with RISP.

I thought that he maybe thought he saw a sign and really didnt get one and got raped on the steal or it was a really bad choice/jump/attempt.

[quote]i tend to like to disagree with people in modern day players to earlier players because u cant compare. Altho Bonds is the best talent ever and Josh Gibson was 2nd .[/quote]

[img]http://goodfellas.martin-scorsese.net/downloads/images/funny1.jpg[/img]

Don't say it! Don't say it!

[quote]Now if they walk Griffey i wouldnt mind it.[/quote]

I disagree, I want him hiting with first and third, pressure on the defense in addition to big holes in the infield ...

[quote]Aurilia is our most clutch hitter and he would have been up with the bases loaded and no one out. Id always like to have Aurilia up bases loaded none out than Griffey up 1st and 3rd, none out. Atleast at this point in the season i would. Aurilia has been our # 1 guy to hit with RISP.[/quote]

... but, I also would of been pleased with this scenario

Archived