Homer

Paul

He just got promoted to AA this week and will make his first start with the AA team tomorrow.
My guess is he is about 2 or 3 years away from pitching in the majors.
Could we see him sooner? maybe, but I dont think it would be a good idea to rush him.
Hes one of the few good young pitchers the Reds have and I have a feeling they will be taking
there time with him.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTA513' post='285315' date='Jun 22 2006, 02:30 AM']He just got promoted to AA this week and will make his first start with the AA team tomorrow.
My guess is he is about 2 or 3 years away from pitching in the majors.
Could we see him sooner? maybe, but I dont think it would be a good idea to rush him.
Hes one of the few good young pitchers the Reds have and I have a feeling they will be taking
there time with him.[/quote]

he will be up by next year the latest. He could pitch in the majors this year tho.

I would not be at all surprised to see him called up in September, depending on where they are in the hunt. They will not trade him. He has the best arm in the organization. I will be surprised if he is not in a Reds uniform full time by next years All Star break, depending on his progress at AA.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Jason' post='285328' date='Jun 22 2006, 06:59 AM']I would not be at all surprised to see him called up in September, depending on where they are in the hunt. They will not trade him. He has the best arm in the organization. I will be surprised if he is not in a Reds uniform full time by next years All Star break, depending on his progress at AA.[/quote]

i think he could easily make it before September. I believe his first AA start is tonight and if he does well, give him a few more starts, if he puts a 3 good starts in a row, i say u bump him to AAA. Give him a month and if he is still successful then u get him up here right after that. That would put the time in August and he could possibly be a lift to this team as a lot of rookie pitchers seem to do to teams late in years going into the playoffs.

Hopefully they give Dumatrait a shot in the majors soon.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='285435' date='Jun 22 2006, 12:03 PM']i think he could easily make it before September. I believe his first AA start is tonight and if he does well, give him a few more starts, if he puts a 3 good starts in a row, i say u bump him to AAA. Give him a month and if he is still successful then u get him up here right after that. That would put the time in August and he could possibly be a lift to this team as a lot of rookie pitchers seem to do to teams late in years going into the playoffs.
Hopefully they give Dumatrait a shot in the majors soon.[/quote]

If he does well, he will go straight to the majors from AA.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CTA513' post='285470' date='Jun 22 2006, 01:03 PM']Call him up to early and he can easily because Ryan Wagner #2.[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats such a lame excuse.

Ryan Wagners problem wasnt the level he is at, its all about his inability with control. Thats why he is sucking in AAA too. How come every other team in the MLB brings guys up early and its not a problem for them? because rare players can come up that young and do great....Homer is one of those guys. Bringing a guy up too early is the biggest myth in baseball. They will be fine if they go back down and fix their problem (usually control or lack of another pitch).

[quote name='Jason' post='285476' date='Jun 22 2006, 01:06 PM']If he does well, he will go straight to the majors from AA.[/quote]

no he wont. Krivsky said he doesnt believe in skipping levels.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='285628' date='Jun 22 2006, 03:35 PM']LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats such a lame excuse.
Ryan Wagners problem wasnt the level he is at, its all about his inability with control. Thats why he is sucking in AAA too. How come every other team in the MLB brings guys up early and its not a problem for them? because rare players can come up that young and do great....Homer is one of those guys. Bringing a guy up too early is the biggest myth in baseball. They will be fine if they go back down and fix their problem (usually control or lack of another pitch).[/quote]

[url="http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/homer-bailey.shtml"]http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/homer-bailey.shtml[/url]

4.38 ERA in 2004
4.43 ERA in 2005 with 62 walks in 103 innings.

Hes just now starting to cut down on the walks and you want to have him go from A to AA to AAA to the majors in the same year?

:crazy:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTA513' post='285632' date='Jun 22 2006, 03:47 PM'][url="http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/homer-bailey.shtml"]http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/homer-bailey.shtml[/url]

4.38 ERA in 2004
4.43 ERA in 2005 with 62 walks in 103 innings.

Hes just now starting to cut down on the walks and you want to have him go from A to AA to AAA to the majors in the same year?

:crazy:[/quote]

ok? i guess major league experience isnt good to have either...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='285642' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:09 PM']ok? i guess major league experience isnt good to have either...[/quote]

The only chance he has to make the majors this year is when the rosters get expanded.
Even then it wouldnt make sense to bring him up when you have other guys with more experience in AA & AAA that should get a shot before him.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CTA513' post='285647' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:15 PM']The only chance he has to make the majors this year is when the rosters get expanded.
Even then it wouldnt make sense to bring him up when you have other guys with more experience in AA & AAA that should get a shot before him.[/quote]

i have to agree w/ this... even when the roster gets expanded, unless he is like 10-0 w/ a 0.03 ERA in the minors at that time, he will be better served pitching every 5th day in the minors, than he would pitching whenever we need him in our bullpin in the majors... we won't see him this year imo... maybe next year, if he can win a spot out of training camp, or later in the season if someone struggles... he will be a stud in teh future though...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='285653' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:30 PM']i have to agree w/ this... even when the roster gets expanded, unless he is like 10-0 w/ a 0.03 ERA in the minors at that time, he will be better served pitching every 5th day in the minors, than he would pitching whenever we need him in our bullpin in the majors... we won't see him this year imo... maybe next year, if he can win a spot out of training camp, or later in the season if someone struggles... he will be a stud in teh future though...[/quote]

he would be in our rotation, not or bullpen. Last time i checked Joe Mays hasnt been a good SP and i dont expect it to change.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='285672' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:57 PM']he would be in our rotation, not or bullpen. Last time i checked Joe Mays hasnt been a good SP and i dont expect it to change.[/quote]

clausson and paul wilson would stand in his way...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='285676' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:00 PM']clausson and paul wilson would stand in his way...[/quote]

Claussen and Wilson wouldnt stand in the way of my lil sister. Not saying I think Homer should come up this year, because I really don't think he should but if he does there is little doubt he would be in the rotation.

Considering the guy hasnt even made a start at double A yet it is pretty pointless to even discuss it. Let him show what he can do in AA, if he does well get him some starts at triple A.

IMO, the guy is in the rotation opening day next year, but let him earn it first.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='285676' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:00 PM']clausson and paul wilson would stand in his way...[/quote]

HAHAHAHHAHA, claussens career in Cincy as a SP is over, even Wayne and Narron have said that. And Paul Wilsons career is over.

Guest bengalrick
we'll see... paul wilson will be back and he will do alright... and if you are giving up on clausson already, then you are fucking up royally... he's young, and seems to pull out wins... he is in a major rut right now, but no 19 year old AA dude is going to take his position this year... just wait and see...

palmer, the point is he won't be in the rotation this early... so they won't bring him up unless it is last resort... and like i said clausson and wilson (don't hate... give them both time) are both options... joe mayes would stand in front of homer too...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='285782' date='Jun 22 2006, 08:20 PM']HAHAHAHHAHA, claussens career in Cincy as a SP is over, even Wayne and Narron have said that. And Paul Wilsons career is over.[/quote]

link? just b/c he isn't starting right now, doesn't mean its over for good.... and that would be one hell of a statement if either one of them said that...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='286142' date='Jun 23 2006, 11:23 AM']Bailey's AA debut yesterday- 6.0 shutout innings pitched, 5 hits, [b]7 strikeouts, 0 walks[/b][/quote]

thank god.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='286142' date='Jun 23 2006, 11:23 AM']Bailey's AA debut yesterday- 6.0 [b]shutout[/b] innings pitched, 5 hits, 7 strikeouts, 0 walks[/quote]

thank god ;)

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='bengalrick' post='286222' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:20 PM']thank god ;)[/quote]

he can do that, he has shown that already.

He needs to improve his control, thats his only issue at all.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='286242' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:44 PM']he can do that, he has shown that already.

He needs to improve his control, thats his only issue at all.[/quote]

i don't care if he has 0 strike outs and 20 walks... if he pitches scoreless baseball, that is all that matters to me....

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='286267' date='Jun 23 2006, 02:25 PM']i don't care if he has 0 strike outs and 20 walks... if he pitches scoreless baseball, that is all that matters to me....[/quote]

if he walks 20 then he will NEVER make it to the majors. His control is much more important right now.

BY THE WAY: he supposedly has a 96 MPH fastball on average that drops to 94/95 later on and in the 6th inning last night he threw a 98 mph fastball. He is going to be SPECIAL.

Archived