The Israel Invasion Thread

Nati Ice

[quote name='Pats and Sox' post='303779' date='Jul 28 2006, 09:39 PM']I have absolutely no idea what you're blabbering about, and judging by other reactions to your bizzare jihad on this thread, I'm not alone. I still don't know what I have to "fess up" to you. If you'll be clear about it, I'll be happy to answer your question. If you still think I was "sent" by someone, I wasn't. I knew of this board, I checked it out, I saw a forum and topic that interested me, and I jumped in.

Or, if you want to continue the :crazy: routine, that's cool too, I guess.[/quote]

Really? Absolutely no idea? That's disingenuous. Perhaps you aren't thinking about it hard enough.

I did not assert that you were sent by other people. Others did, but not I. I said you were a fraud who misrepresents himself. I still think that. I'm also right about it, as we'll eventually discuss.

I've also said that I hope you would come forth willingly because I think you add value to this part of the board. I still hope that.

Oh, btw, it's not a jihad (why I am not surprised by the choice of adjective!), it's a pursuit of truthfulness. :whistle:

[quote name='TheBZ' post='303948' date='Jul 29 2006, 07:11 AM']As an aside, who hands out Press Credentials? Who assigns 'Freedom of the Press'?

Can you simply declare yourself a news source, and give yourself these things?

I look forward to the day when a Blogger defends himself in court using some of these concepts.

BZ[/quote]-im unsure of the specifics, but im pretty sure go would qualify

-me too

Guest Pats and Sox

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='303981' date='Jul 29 2006, 09:08 AM']Really? Absolutely no idea? That's disingenuous. Perhaps you aren't thinking about it hard enough.

I did not assert that you were sent by other people. Others did, but not I. I said you were a fraud who misrepresents himself. I still think that. I'm also right about it, as we'll eventually discuss.

I've also said that I hope you would come forth willingly because I think you add value to this part of the board. I still hope that.[/quote]

You're still making absolutely no sense. Tell me how you think I'm "a fraud who misrepresents [my]self." That I'm not some average schmo with his own opinions like anyone else? Sorry, I don't know how to convince you otherwise. If you could be more straightforward with the fantasies you've concocted, I'd be more inclined to play along and provide you with the answers you seek.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='303981' date='Jul 29 2006, 09:08 AM']Oh, btw, it's not a jihad (why I am not surprised by the choice of adjective!), it's a pursuit of truthfulness. :whistle:[/quote]

I'm becoming less and less impressed by your concept of truthfulness, but I hope to be swayed in the other direction.

[quote name='Pats and Sox' post='305418' date='Jul 31 2006, 08:44 AM']You're still making absolutely no sense. Tell me how you think I'm "a fraud who misrepresents [my]self." That I'm not some average schmo with his own opinions like anyone else? Sorry, I don't know how to convince you otherwise. If you could be more straightforward with the fantasies you've concocted, I'd be more inclined to play along and provide you with the answers you seek.[/quote]

Instead of "playing along", why don't you simply engage in an act of material disclosure? That would be the ethical choice, if you were on the up and up. Or do you have something to hide? Something that might be embarrassing were it to become general knowledge, especially in light of the way you crashed this board with the fervor of a zealot and the delicacy of a bull in a china shop.

Credibility is tied, in part, to the relation between a person's intent and their willingness to disclose material evidence which supports that intent. I say you have not done that. I further say that you possess some important information about yourself that is material to the understanding of your positions here. Some folks on the board are going to be disappointed in you if you do not fess up. They'll see it, like I do, as a form of duplicity, if you do not come forward willingly. Once again, this wouldn't matter if it were not so integral to your behavior here.

[quote]I'm becoming less and less impressed by your concept of truthfulness, but I hope to be swayed in the other direction.[/quote]

Oh, snap! You got me.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='306100' date='Jul 31 2006, 08:21 PM']Instead of "playing along", why don't you simply engage in an act of material disclosure? That would be the ethical choice, if you were on the up and up. Or do you have something to hide? Something that might be embarrassing were it to become general knowledge, especially in light of the way you crashed this board with the fervor of a zealot and the delicacy of a bull in a china shop.

Credibility is tied, in part, to the relation between a person's intent and their willingness to disclose material evidence which supports that intent. I say you have not done that. I further say that you possess some important information about yourself that is material to the understanding of your positions here. Some folks on the board are going to be disappointed in you if you do not fess up. They'll see it, like I do, as a form of duplicity, if you do not come forward willingly. Once again, this wouldn't matter if it were not so integral to your behavior here.
Oh, snap! You got me.[/quote]
I still fail to see what you are talking about Homer. As far as I can tell, he's adequately defended what could be considered an unpopular position in this thread.

Guest Pats and Sox
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='306100' date='Jul 31 2006, 10:21 PM']Instead of "playing along", why don't you simply engage in an act of material disclosure? That would be the ethical choice, if you were on the up and up. Or do you have something to hide? Something that might be embarrassing were it to become general knowledge, especially in light of the way you crashed this board with the fervor of a zealot and the delicacy of a bull in a china shop.[/quote]

Sorry, hoss, but there's nothing to disclose. You're going to cling to the notion that there's something shocking I'm hiding because you apparently have some need to believe it. Ces't la vie, but I've lurked here before (more since the 2006-07 schedule came out), I saw some unorthodox and (IMO) noxious opinions on an issue that is of great interest to me, and I dove in. You can keep screaming "fraud," but now I can see why you're so coy with your answers every time you're asked to explain your vapid accusations--you have an entirely unsupportable hypothesis.

[quote]Credibility is tied, in part, to the relation between a person's intent and their willingness to disclose material evidence which supports that intent. I say you have not done that. [b]I further say that you possess some important information about yourself that is material to the understanding of your positions here.[/b] Some folks on the board are going to be disappointed in you if you do not fess up. They'll see it, like I do, as a form of duplicity, if you do not come forward willingly. Once again, this wouldn't matter if it were not so integral to your behavior here.[/quote]

I can live without credibility from you. That you have such a burning need to assail my sincerity is almost assuredly projection on at least some level. The genesis of this is something I have yet to figure out, but I suspect I will eventually.

Guest Pats and Sox
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='306265' date='Aug 1 2006, 09:13 AM']Last chance.

Your comportment leaves a lot to be desired, given your profession and your stature.[/quote]

You truly are a gem. If you ever have a direct question, please feel free to ask. If you're heading in the direction I think you are, I have never spent more than ten days in the Middle East and never been a citizen of any country other than the US. Beyond that, I'm afraid you're going to have to abandon your cryptic nonsense if you want an answer.

Or you can keep belching up "Fraud!!1 Phony!!!!1"

EDIT: Or are you interested that I have a background in defense?

Archived