The Israel Invasion Thread

Nati Ice

I dont get why this is Israels fault...if some US soldier got kidnapped and two others got killed and then the US captured the leaders of the organization involved in those kidnappings nobody would care, in fact we would be expected to do that. But since it is Israel, BJ and some other of you are making it out that Israel is unstable and just going around killing people...Israel is willing to let go of all 64 people they kidnapped just for 1 person, and the Palestinians still wont let him go...what about this is Israels fault?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='289125' date='Jun 30 2006, 10:44 AM']i need to start listening to you more i think... i am leaning towards what you are saying lately...[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDRjT7l3a4&search=vader%20no"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDRjT7l3a4&search=vader%20no[/url]
(watch the last 5 seconds)

:lol:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='#22' post='289173' date='Jun 30 2006, 12:11 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDRjT7l3a4&search=vader%20no"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDRjT7l3a4&search=vader%20no[/url]
(watch the last 5 seconds)

:lol:[/quote]

:lmao:

[img]http://newsimages.synacor.com/ap_photos//0ab115a0-c463-43e1-8731-9afb67a494c6.jpeg[/img]
[i]Palestinian supporters of Islamic Jihad chant slogans as they gather around and burn a likeness of an Israeli flag during a protest against Israeli army operations in Gaza, in Gaza City, Friday, June 30, 2006. (AP Photo/Hatem Moussa)[/i]

By IBRAHIM BARZAK

[quote][b][i]GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh said Friday that Israel's offensive in Gaza — including the kidnappings of some of his Cabinet ministers — was part of a premeditated plan to bring down the Hamas-led government.

In his first public comments since the Israeli offensive started, Haniyeh said Palestinian leaders were working hard to end the standoff but implied they would not trade a captive soldier for eight Cabinet ministers and 56 other Hamas officials arrested Thursday.

Israel's air force has struck more than 30 targets in Gaza — including the Palestinian Interior Ministry — in response to Sunday's kidnapping of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, 19, by Hamas-linked militants. Thousands of Israeli soldiers backed by tanks also have taken up positions in southern Gaza.

Haniyeh said the military offensive was not only about rescuing the soldier but also about crippling Hamas, which won January parliamentary elections.

"This total war is proof of a premeditated plan," he said.

"When they kidnapped the ministers they meant to hijack the government's position, but we say no positions will be hijacked, no governments will fall."

Haniyeh said he was in contact with Arab, Muslim and European leaders to try to resolve the crisis, "but this Israeli military escalation complicates matters and makes it more difficult."

Shalit was captured Sunday when Gaza militants tunneled under the border, attacking an Israeli outpost and killing two other soldiers.

Mohammed Nazal, a Syria-based member of the Hamas politburo, told The Associated Press on Friday that Israel is not serious about negotiating Shalit's release.

"Israel is negotiating by fire," he said. "They're buying time until they can locate the soldier through intelligence and then try to free him."

A few hours before Haniyeh spoke, Israeli jet fighters destroyed the offices of his interior minister in Gaza, intensifying an air invasion while delaying a broad ground offensive.

On Friday evening, an Israeli aircraft attacked a vehicle in Gaza City that the military said was carrying militants. Witnesses said a missile exploded next to the car, wounding three occupants.

In the past 24 hours, Israel's air force struck roads, bridges and a power plant in Gaza. The army also has fired hundreds of artillery shells.

The United Nations said the destruction of the power plant had pushed Gaza to the edge of a humanitarian crisis, and the International Committee of the Red Cross said its officials were asking Israeli authorities to lift the Gaza blockade for shipments of food and medicine.

Palestinian security officials said an Israeli soldier was shot and wounded in clashes near the long-closed airport in southern Gaza. The army said it was investigating that claim.

While thousands of troops are massed along the Israel-Gaza border waiting for the go-ahead to invade the crowded coastal area, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said militants had agreed to Shalit's conditional release, but Israel had not accepted the terms.

Israeli officials said they did not know of such an agreement. But a senior government official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the secrecy of the diplomacy, said the planned ground offensive was delayed after Egypt requested that mediators be given a chance to resolve the crisis.

However, other officials denied the delay was due to Egypt, saying the crisis required both military pressure and withholding force when necessary.

"The prime minister is managing the campaign while seeing all the balances, including the diplomatic one. You need to exhaust all options," said Tzahi Hanegbi, head of the Israeli parliament's foreign affairs and defense committee.

Israeli Defense Minister Amir Peretz called for leaders with influence on the Hamas government to pressure it to release Shalit.

"The quicker this is done the better it will be. If the soldier will be returned and the Qassam (rocket) fire will be halted, we will also return our soldiers to their bases," Peretz was quoted as saying in the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot.

He was referring to homemade, inaccurate rockets fired at Israel by Palestinian militants.

There has been no sign of life from Shalit since his abduction. The Popular Resistance Committees — one of the groups holding him — revealed no information about his condition in a statement Thursday but insisted on swapping him for Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails. Israel has rejected that demand.

In the pre-dawn attack on the Interior Ministry, Hamas minister Said Siyam's office went up in flames when a missile struck his fourth-floor room. The ground floor office of Siyam's bodyguard also was destroyed, while the first, second and third floors — where passports and ID cards are printed — were untouched. No casualties were reported.

The Interior Ministry is nominally in charge of the Palestinian security forces, but President Mahmoud Abbas stripped it of much of its authority in a power struggle after Hamas won January parliamentary elections. The Israeli military said the ministry was "a meeting place to plan and direct terror activity."

In a separate strike, three Israeli missiles hit the office of hard-line Interior Ministry official Khaled Abu Hilal, who heads a pro-Hamas militia.

Palestinian police and Hamas militiamen guarding the nearby Foreign Ministry fled immediately after that, fearing their building would be next, witnesses said. Haniyeh's office and Abbas' house are a few hundred yards from the Interior Ministry.

Haniyeh and nearly all his Cabinet members had not been seen since Shalit's kidnapping, fearing they could be killed or arrested.

In an unprecedented punishment Friday, Israel's Interior Ministry revoked the Jerusalem residency rights of four senior Hamas officials, officials said. The measure takes away their right to live in the holy city and travel within Israel freely.

Decoy convoys have been sent out ahead of any trips by Haniyeh, Siyam and Foreign Minister Mahmoud Zahar, who apparently also fear Israel will kill them as it did Hamas leaders Sheik Ahmed Yassin and Abdel Aziz Rantisi in 2004.

On Friday, the army said it attacked a group trying to fire an anti-tank missile at forces in southern Gaza. Mohammed Abdel Al, 25, of the Islamic Jihad militant group, was killed, making him the first casualty in the Israeli offensive.

In the Jebaliya refugee camp in northern Gaza, three Fatah-affiliated gunmen were wounded in what they said was a fight against undercover Israeli forces. Israel denied it had ground forces in the area.

"The only activity is air and artillery," army spokesman Capt. Jacob Dallal.

Israeli ground troops have entered southern Gaza but have not yet penetrated the north.

The Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed in a Gaza news conference Friday that it kidnapped a 22-year-old Israeli soldier in Nablus. However, the army said it was unaware of a new abduction.

In another development, Israeli troops exchanged gunfire with militants at a cemetery in the West Bank city of Nablus. Palestinian security officials said one militant was killed, but the army said two militants died.[/i][/b][/quote]

I agree with the premise that Israel is trying to destroy a democratically-elected government.

They are the aggressors in this situation, and we shouldn't support that. In fact, they are the bad guys about 80% of the time over there.

Santorum wanted to revoke federal funding of Universities that didn't [u]enforce[/u] Pro-Israeli thought on campus. isn't that scary?

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Israel doesn't want peace ....

Israel doesn't want dialogue ....

Israel wants mayhem that will allow them to continue their apartheid and land theft[/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='289287' date='Jun 30 2006, 03:57 PM']They mention there has only been one casualty since this has started...hmm i thought that they jsut go around killing every palestinian in sight according to BJ...[/quote]

[b]Who is they ? The Jewish owned media ?

Yeah I am sure the hundreds of shells they are firing aren't hitting anything ... in the Gaza strip where 1.2 million people are packed into a walled off concentration camp.

Go to non-Jewish media if you want to see the casualties [/b]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='289287' date='Jun 30 2006, 03:57 PM']They mention there has only been one casualty since this has started...hmm i thought that they jsut go around killing every palestinian in sight according to BJ...[/quote]

All of the quotes below are from the same article...

[quote]On Friday, the army said it attacked a group trying to fire an anti-tank missile at forces in southern Gaza. Mohammed Abdel Al, 25, of the Islamic Jihad militant group, was killed, making him the first casualty in the Israeli offensive.[/quote]

The "first casualty" that the article mentions (the guy in the above quote) was killed by Israeli ground forces. But the article also says

[quote]In the past 24 hours, Israel's air force struck roads, bridges and a power plant in Gaza. The army also has [b]fired hundreds of artillery shells.[/b][/quote]
[quote][b]Israel's air force has struck more than 30 targets in Gaza[/b][/quote]

As BJ said, there are 1.2 million people in the Gaza Strip (or according to Wikipedia which I just checked, 1.4 million). You mean to tell us that the 30-plus airstrikes and the artillery bombardment, consisting of hundreds of shells, haven't killed any of them? Somehow, I don't buy that.

Not to mention the impending humanitarian crisis that the Israelis have caused (that was the UN's words, not mine):

[quote]In the past 24 hours, Israel's air force struck roads, bridges and a power plant in Gaza. The army also has fired hundreds of artillery shells.

[b]The United Nations[/b] said the destruction of the power plant had pushed Gaza to [b]the edge of a humanitarian crisis[/b], and the International Committee of the Red Cross said its officials were asking Israeli authorities to [b]lift the Gaza blockade for shipments of food and medicine.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Paul' post='289037' date='Jun 30 2006, 02:37 AM']I thought they found the 19 year old settler dead, and don't want to bargin for the release of the soldier, which is why Israel is bringing the heat says the news.[/quote]

[img]http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/06.06.28.Nonnegot-X.gif[/img]

BJ's gonna love this....check this bad mofo plane out that the Israelis are getting from us....largest defense contract in Israel's HISTORY!
It is a pretty fucking amazing piece of military machinery.....

[url="http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/aircraft/f-16i/F-16I.html"]http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/air...-16i/F-16I.html[/url]

[quote name='Paul' post='289427' date='Jun 30 2006, 09:38 PM']F-16I is a badass jet aircraft. I would hate to be on the reciving end of that heavy firepower.[/quote]
I am sure that in the coming escalation of terrorism (because to me it is inevitable), that there wil be PLENTY of "receiving ends" of that plane, especially since Israel will have 105 of them by 2008, and that they can fly bombing missions over 500 miles without needing in-air refueling.....
I have this twisted outlook where I despise the deaths of innocents and yet slather over the latest American killing machine...having been a killing machine myself.... :huh:

I do not necessarily prescribe to the belief that there is a Zionist machine that is pulling all of the levers.

I do think there are alot of instances of unfair and biased influence in politics, the media, and banking...But as soon as you start trying to create a massive tapestry of control, the whole thing rips in half...And I don't have the time and resources to go looking for that kind of 'man behind the curtain'.

So...I don't want to get trapped in a situation of looking at who is controlling who. Needless to say, I am against buying votes (IE. lobbying) across the spectrum, because it undermines democracy at the root.

But what I think that citizens of North America should focus on more, and be aware of, is the list that BJ has produced regarding Israel's Human Rights records, defiance of numerous conventions and human rights agreements, and the notion that the United States appears to be complicit in these 'sins'.

Simply put:

What other country could get away with this kind of blatant disregard for international laws and cooperations?

Why can they get away with such things?

What could we possibly have to say about it?

I think by breaking it down into those aspects, there are some inarguable problems that need to be addressed openly...And not glossed over by an instance of a kidnapped soldier, or even the shelling of an area.

I mean, we have spent so much time tearing into Taliban rule in Afghanistan, North Korean human rights, Iranian nuclear rights, and the UN sanctions which some use to justify the unilateral invasion of Iraq...But does any of it compare to what Israel is doing in and on top of the Palestinians...Seemingly with the consent of the rest of the world?

It doesn't make sense...It is disturbing...And if it can't be address by force or international economic sanctions, then we should at least speak it aloud and address it in conversation. Because there are alot of people that would seem to prefer that we cannot locate the fire in the midst of the smoke.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='289430' date='Jun 30 2006, 09:42 PM']I do not necessarily prescribe to the belief that there is a Zionist machine that is pulling all of the levers.

I do think there are alot of instances of unfair and biased influence in politics, the media, and banking...But as soon as you start trying to create a massive tapestry of control, the whole thing rips in half...And I don't have the time and resources to go looking for that kind of 'man behind the curtain'.

So...I don't want to get trapped in a situation of looking at who is controlling who. Needless to say, I am against buying votes (IE. lobbying) across the spectrum, because it undermines democracy at the root.

But what I think that citizens of North America should focus on more, and be aware of, is the list that BJ has produced regarding Israel's Human Rights records, defiance of numerous conventions and human rights agreements, and the notion that the United States appears to be complicit in these 'sins'.

Simply put:

What other country could get away with this kind of blatant disregard for international laws and cooperations?

Why can they get away with such things?

What could we possibly have to say about it?
I think by breaking it down into those aspects, there are some inarguable problems that need to be addressed openly...And not glossed over by an instance of a kidnapped soldier, or even the shelling of an area.

I mean, we have spent so much time tearing into Taliban rule in Afghanistan, North Korean human rights, Iranian nuclear rights, and the UN sanctions which some use to justify the unilateral invasion of Iraq...But does any of it compare to what Israel is doing in and on top of the Palestinians...Seemingly with the consent of the rest of the world?

It doesn't make sense...It is disturbing...And if it can't be address by force or international economic sanctions, then we should at least speak it aloud and address it in conversation. Because there are alot of people that would seem to prefer that we cannot locate the fire in the midst of the smoke.

BZ[/quote]
Well, in keeping with the current climate of discussion, Iraq had just as many UN violations as anyone could have....even the Security Counil passed a resolution against them that they (him) that he continued to ignore/hide from.
I still maintain that Saddam, to the best of the world's knowledge at the time, had every reason to perpetrate the idea that he had certain weapons as a buffer against Iran, their (his) mortal enemy, regardless of whether US foregin policy had a hand in pitting them against one another....

[quote name='#22' post='289239' date='Jun 30 2006, 02:27 PM']I agree with the premise that Israel is trying to destroy a democratically-elected government.

They are the aggressors in this situation, and we shouldn't support that. In fact, they are the bad guys about 80% of the time over there.[/quote]

I agree completely.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='289280' date='Jun 30 2006, 03:35 PM'][b]Israel doesn't want peace ....

Israel doesn't want dialogue ....
Israel wants mayhem that will allow them to continue their apartheid and land theft[/b][/quote]

That sounds kind of reminiscent of the 'civil war' in Iraq...Although I don't think apartheid is the right word. Theft rings a bell, though.

As to the bombings and casualties...I'm sure there have been more than one. But honestly, how many does there have to be when you completely take out someone's power and water? Is that not completely holding a region hostage?

Needless to say, people are going to start getting ill soon, and those won't be shelling deaths.

BZ

Guest BlackJesus
[size=3][u][quote][b]Iran calls for UN meeting on Gaza; border change[/b]
29 Jun 2006
Reuters
By Evelyn Leopold[/u][/size]

UNITED NATIONS, June 29 (Reuters) - Iran's foreign minister on Thursday called for an emergency U.N. Security Council meeting on Israel's offensive into Gaza Strip and for the resurrection of old Palestinian borders to solve the conflict.

"The Zionist regime is the source of the terrorism and its brutal acts and processes against the Palestinian people, these innocent people," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference.

"The Security Council must deal with this issue, which is definitely the biggest threat against peace and international security," Mottaki said. He said he wrote Secretary-General Kofi Annan requesting an "immediate" council session.

Mottaki, at the United Nations for a conference on small arms, referred to Israel only as the "Zionist entity," a phrase no longer used in U.N. speeches except by Iran and Libya.

The group of Arab nations at the world body are also expected to request a Security Council meeting on Gaza.

And Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas asked the United Nations to intervene to secure the immediate release of Hamas officials arrested by Israel, a day after the Israeli military pushed into Gaza to free an abducted Israeli soldier.

Mottaki said the only way the Middle East conflict could be resolved was a return to the old borders of Palestine after which Christians and Jews could vote for a government.

"All the Palestinian refugees must return to their homeland and then Muslims, Christian and Jews must select their own popular government" in a referendum among "the original residents of Palestine," he said.

He did not say if he was referring to the whole of mandated Palestine, which until 1921 included what is now Jordan, or only Israel's post-World War II border.

Annan, who has spoken by telephone to Palestinian, Israeli and Syrian leaders, called on the Palestinian Authority to secure the release of the Israeli soldier and to end rocket attacks against Israeli and other actions by militants.

Israel, he said in a statement, should "avoid actions that damage civilian infrastructure and that aggravate the hardship of the Palestinian population, and to abide by international humanitarian law."

Annan also called on Israel to "act urgently to facilitate the import of essential medical supplies, food stuffs, and particularly fuel into the Gaza Strip" and expressed concern of Israel's detention of 64 elected Palestinian officials, cabinet ministers and members of the legislative council.[/quote]

[url="http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N29262675.htm"]http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N29262675.htm[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][b]your U.S. tax dollars at work today in Gaza ....

[img]http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/0B494E13-13C7-4FCD-BD51-016CC8F896AD/131631/5F5BDB834E444665A807A9942F59D5BA.jpg[/img]

as Israelis killed 24 civilians throughout the day [/b] [/center]

So where is the Zionist conspiracy behind the London and Madrid bombings?
Al-Queda has made it pretty clear that they did it.
So let's get this straight....the Mossad is responsible for 9/11 here in America and the REAL Al-Quadea is responsible for ALL the other terrorist attacks?
:lmao:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='290947' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:31 PM']So where is the Zionist conspiracy behind the London bombings?[/quote]

[center] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

[b]Well let's see .... who was responsible for saftey in the London railways at the time .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img][/b]

[url="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=69208"]http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=69208[/url]

[/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='290952' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:44 PM'][center] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
[b]Well let's see .... who was responsible for saftey in the London railways at the time .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img][/b]
[url="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=69208"]http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=69208[/url]

[/center][/quote]
Which proves what?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='290947' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:31 PM']So where is the Zionist conspiracy behind the London bombings?[/quote]

[b]Oh ... and look who was near by ..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/b]

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07-07-israel-londonblasts_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA"]http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07...htm?POE=NEWISVA[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='290947' date='Jul 6 2006, 09:31 PM']So where is the Zionist conspiracy behind the London and Madrid bombings?
Al-Queda has made it pretty clear that they did it.
So let's get this straight....the Mossad is responsible for 9/11 here in America and the REAL Al-Quadea is responsible for ALL the other terrorist attacks?
:lmao:[/quote]

So what is your point?

There were bombs in NY, London and Madrid...So we should kill civilians in Iraq and Palestine?

Once again, we are getting off-topic...Can it possibly be a good thing that Israel is bombing civilians and destroying Palestianian infrastructure, because radicals have kidnapped one man? (One man who was enjoined into a violent struggle, with a uniform on)

Oh well...I guess we'll just keep watching the death totals scroll across the screen, and debate the merits of suicide bombers while a nation of families is stomped into the ground.

BZ

Guest BlackJesus

[b]oh Bunghole .... even more egg for your face ....

seems that [color="#000099"][size=3]Israel was warned about the London bombings before they ever took place .... [/size] [/color]

[url="http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=85346"]http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=85346[/url]

do some of your own damn research before just spouting random questions [/b]

Archived