breaking on lance's show

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
wtf?

kearns and lopez? especially kearns?

i will update who we get in exchange, when it is available to me...

wtf are we thinking?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='293332' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:36 PM']wtf?

wtf are we thinking?[/quote]

Someone else on Redszone said the same thing but didnt know who for.
If they are traded it I really hope its for pitching.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='293332' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:36 PM']wtf?

wtf are we thinking?[/quote]

Couldn't be for Soriano could it??

Maybe Livan Herbandez??

I guess we should stay tuned...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CTA513' post='293333' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:39 PM']Someone else on Redszone said the same thing but didnt know who for.
If they are traded it I really hope its for pitching.[/quote]

i heard the name scott williamson so far... that is all... and it was quick on lance's show... he didn't say anything more about it...

how the fuck are we trading anyone except dunn right now? makes zero sense to me... i'd rather have kearns all day and twice on sunday, over dunn....

Guest bengalrick
[i]Kearns, Lopez and Ryan Wagner to Washington for either 2 or three pitchers and a couple of infielders. I didn't catch all the names.[/i]

[url="http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48529"]per redzone.com[/url]

if true, i want to throw up...

what i was just sent:

the Cincinnati Reds today acquired from the Washington Nationals RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray, SS Royce Clayton, IF Brendan Harris and RHP Daryl Thompson in exchange for OF Austin Kearns, SS Felipe Lopez and RHP Ryan Wagner.
Majewski, Clayton and Bray are expected to report to Cincinnati in time for tomorrow's 7:10 p.m. game against the Colorado Rockies. Corresponding roster moves will be announced when they arrive. Harris will report to Class AAA Louisville and Thompson to Sarasota in the Gulf Coast League.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Ben' post='293343' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:47 PM']I just heard it is an 8 player deal and billy wagner fromm the mets is involved....[/quote]

where did you hear this? please god, let this part be true... otherwise, this is the biggest joke of a trade i've ever seen.... holy shit, this is bad...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='293347' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:52 PM']where did you hear this? please god, let this part be true... otherwise, this is the biggest joke of a trade i've ever seen.... holy shit, this is bad...[/quote]

not true :(

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Ben' post='293348' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:53 PM']not true :([/quote]

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i hate life right now...

I think it's a good trade. You just traded a streaky outfielder, a shortstop who's been shaky defensively at times...and streaky at the plate himself, and a minor league pitcher who can't even break into the Reds bullpen, for a couple of GOOD arms that are most importantely YOUNG. Also, Royce Clayton is a decent short stop, and better defensively than Lopez, and his numbers at the plate are comparable to Lopez's. The 2 kids they sent to the minors in this deal, I don't know much about yet, but I think this will pan out to be a good trade. You guys wanted things to be shaken up, this definately does that. I think it was the right thing to do for a team that is slumping pretty badly.

Remember, a lot of you have questioned every deal Krivsky has made this year, and he's been gold on almost every one of them except Cody Ross (who never really got a shot due to injury). Did you think he was going to get pitching for free? You knew he was going to have to dangle some tasty treats out there in order to get what he wanted. Fortunately for him, Jim Bowden has a hard on for every player he ever traded for or drafted.

From ESPN.com...

Last season for Washington, Majewski recorded a 2.93 ERA while leading the pitching staff with 79 appearances, a franchise record for a rookie. During the first half of this season he went 3-2 with a 3.58 ERA in 46 games.

Bray, 23, made his Major League debut this season and has posted a 3.91 ERA in 19 relief appearances.

This season for the Nats, Clayton is hitting .269 with 22 doubles and 8 stolen bases in 87 appearances.

Harris, 25, has appeared in 17 games for the Nationals and hit .283 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 59 games for New Orleans.

Thompson, 20, was selected by the Expos in the eighth round of the 2003 first-year player draft. This season for Vermont in the Class A New York-Penn League he went 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in 4 starts. (This one doesn't excite me, but perhaps he is the piece of another deal....or maybe Krivsky saw something we don't know)

Compare those with what we just gave up...

Kearns, 26, this season for the Reds hit .274 with 16 home runs and 50 RBI in 87 appearances.

Lopez, 26, hit .268 with nine home runs and 30 RBI in 85 games during the season's first half.

Wagner, 23, has spent the entire season in the minor leagues at Louisville, where he has posted a 6.34 ERA in 35 relief appearances.

Again, I say good trade.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='293353' date='Jul 13 2006, 04:02 PM']I think it's a good trade. You just traded a streaky outfielder, a shortstop who's been shaky defensively at times...and streaky at the plate himself, and a minor league pitcher who can't even break into the Reds bullpen, for a couple of GOOD arms that are most importantely YOUNG. Also, Royce Clayton is a decent short stop, and better defensively than Lopez, and his numbers at the plate are comparable to Lopez's. The 2 kids they sent to the minors in this deal, I don't know much about yet, but I think this will pan out to be a good trade. You guys wanted things to be shaken up, this definately does that. I think it was the right thing to do for a team that is slumping pretty badly.

Remember, a lot of you have questioned every deal Krivsky has made this year, and he's been gold on almost every one of them except Cody Ross (who never really got a shot due to injury). Did you think he was going to get pitching for free? You knew he was going to have to dangle some tasty treats out there in order to get what he wanted. Fortunately for him, Jim Bowden has a hard on for every player he ever traded for or drafted.[/quote]

we traded 2 starters and a guy who had a good chance at being our closer this year, for 4 guys i've never heard of, and one that i have his 1989 topps baseball card... holy shit, this is bad...

and kearns is having a great year... dunn is teh streaky one ;)

.274 with 16 home runs is a "great" year? Fact is that Kearns hasn't had a great year since his rookie year. How many years are you willing to give him?

Wagner has shown NOTHING this year. Absolutely NOTHING that would have made me annoint him "closer of the future". He couldn't even get AAA talent out.

Look at numbers, and not at names, and tell me what you see.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='293361' date='Jul 13 2006, 04:11 PM'].274 with 16 home runs is a "great" year? Fact is that Kearns hasn't had a great year since his rookie year. How many years are you willing to give him?

Wagner has shown NOTHING this year. Absolutely NOTHING that would have made me annoint him "closer of the future". He couldn't even get AAA talent out.
Look at numbers, and not at names, and tell me what you see.[/quote]

he is by far, our best outfielder... he is on pace for over 90 RBI's... he is good on the basepaths... he has gotten better every single year (not sure about this statistically, but he has in my eyes)... he can steal bases... he's good on the basepaths... has the best arm in the NL imo, at right field...

and dunn can hit homeruns... he can't touch any of the rest of this stuf...

HORRIBLE trade...

So by your logic, someone would have given up the same for Dunn? I hardly think so. If you wanted pitching, then we pretty much gave up the two players that other teams wanted. You do realize you have to make the other GM feel like they are getting something too, right? You've got to give something to get something. The perception of Dunn around the league isn't high right now. You've got to trade players while their numbers are up to get the best value for them.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='293366' date='Jul 13 2006, 04:17 PM']So by your logic, someone would have given up the same for Dunn? I hardly think so. If you wanted pitching, then we pretty much gave up the two players that other teams wanted. You do realize you have to make the other GM feel like they are getting something too, right? You've got to give something to get something. The perception of Dunn around the league isn't high right now. You've got to trade players while their numbers are up to get the best value for them.[/quote]

kearns was in higher trade demand, than dunn you think? i doubt that highly...

btw, you realize you are the only person that likes this deal, so far right? thats including other teams and the whole redzone board...

Also, were you really comfortable with this team heading into the all-star break? They floated to the break like a dead corpse. Something had to be done. I think this will pan out nicely...and who knows....this may just be part one of more trades to come.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='293369' date='Jul 13 2006, 04:19 PM']Also, were you really comfortable with this team heading into the all-star break? They floated to the break like a dead corpse. Something had to be done. I think this will pan out nicely...and who knows....this may just be part one of more trades to come.[/quote]

i'm less comfortable now, now that we don't have a quality RF or SS... and our bench just got worse... and who the hell do we have to make up for it? i haven't heard of any of these pitchers... maybe their performance will change my mind, but we just traded for 5 players from one of the worst teams in MLB...

btw, it has to be part of more trades... nothing else makes sense... then again, who do we have left to trade... i suggest dunn, griffey, encarncion, and hatteburg for a couple more AAA relievers... sound good?

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='293372' date='Jul 13 2006, 04:20 PM']Because obviously I am looking at numbers and statistics, and everyone else is crying because they just bought a Lopez or Kearns jersey. Think with your head and not your heart.[/quote]

i am... and my head hurts now...

What are some AAA relievers going to do for this team this year?! Extremely flawed logic. I hope you were being sarcastic...lol.

Also, I KNEW when this team finally pulled the trigger on some pitching, that everybody would be crying that their favorite player(s) got traded. Quality pitching doesn't grow on trees, and it's not given away. They are trying to get to the playoffs THIS YEAR, not in 2009. We also got a quality short stop in return....he just doesn't have home run power. He is a more consistant fielder with better range than Lopez though. We'll be alright. We have pleeeenty of people to plug into the outfield.

In this trade we...

Upgraded the defense up the middle
Upgraded our shitty bullpen with young arms that throw STRIKES and eat innings
Got a very young outfielder with tons of upside and with pretty good numbers for a rookie

We got rid of...

A streaky hitting outfielder who's fielding abilities were great but he's as injury prone as Griffey and when he slumps, he SLUMPS
A streaky hitting shortstop who has helped to make the Reds dead last in errors
A minor league pitcher that's regressed so badly in the past two years he was likely headed to AA

We have plenty of offense on this team, this was a hit we could afford to take. I doubt strongly if there will be much of a drop in offensive productivity, if any at all.

Dammit

Why couldn't we just fucking get soriano? He would be lights out at GABP.

But in all seriousness...this definatly wasn't the trade i was looking for...trading two starters.

Archived