breaking on lance's show

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='294146' date='Jul 15 2006, 12:56 AM']didnt Clayton make an error today too?[/quote]

Believe me, I wasn't laughing anymore after he did. Irony... <_<

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='294150' date='Jul 15 2006, 01:11 AM']I fully suspect that Castro will be getting a fair share of the starts at SS.[/quote]

And Castro's actually been hitting pretty well since he joined us.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='294209' date='Jul 15 2006, 09:37 AM']Yes, but Clayton also scored an RBI.[/quote]

He grounded out to the shortstop with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Not exactly an eye popping RBI. The error came in a late game situation with 2 outs...and was his 12th of the season. For whatever reason, I guess that's not a lot unless your name is Felipe Lopez.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='294297' date='Jul 15 2006, 01:05 PM']He grounded out to the shortstop with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Not exactly an eye popping RBI. The error came in a late game situation with 2 outs...and was his 12th of the season. For whatever reason, I guess that's not a lot unless your name is Felipe Lopez.[/quote]

Felipe or Kearns would have struck out in that situation. What's your point?

You still have that man-crush on Lopez? :rolleyes:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='294300' date='Jul 15 2006, 01:18 PM'][b]Felipe or Kearns would have struck out in that situation.[/b] What's your point?

You still have that man-crush on Lopez? :rolleyes:[/quote]

haha, that is very true. I was a huge Lopez fan, but i can tell that he isnt that great of a player and id much rather have an avg to slightly below avg SS and a good bullpen than a bad bullpen and an avg SS at most.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='294312' date='Jul 15 2006, 02:25 PM']haha, that is very true. I was a huge Lopez fan, but i can tell that he isnt that great of a player and [b]id much rather have an avg to slightly below avg SS and a good bullpen than a bad bullpen and an avg SS at most.[/b][/quote]

well said thurman well said

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='dieselman44' post='294320' date='Jul 15 2006, 02:48 PM']well said thurman well said[/quote]

see if we leave the Griffey topic, we can agree a lot.

Ive been impressed with dunn as he FINALLY seems to be trying to do things OTHER than HRs. His swing seems a little more level than str8 up too. He isnt trying to be a softball player lol.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='294579' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:43 AM']Dunn has been a wrecking ball lately.
And I love this trade![/quote]

Majewski is a good player--he'll be fine. It's unfortunate for him that his debut went like this, but he'll prove his worth in the future. And I believe he's from Houston, so Dunn will have someone with whom to make fun of Skyline Chili (from what I've seen, the existence of Skyline is a bane of Texans everywhere--it's their kryptonite. I myself am an ardent fan of it, naturally).

[quote name='bengalrick' post='293899' date='Jul 14 2006, 05:19 PM']kearns was having a great year... especially on defense... but on offense, he has been knocking the cover off the ball...[/quote]

tied for 34th in the NL in slugging is knocking the cover off the ball? somtimes i'm not sure if you're serious or trying to make me laugh...

I've got nothing against Kearns, but we had to trade talent to get talent. I'll give this trade the benefit of the doubt until I have reason to feel otherwise.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='294579' date='Jul 16 2006, 09:43 AM']Dunn has been a wrecking ball lately.
And I love this trade![/quote]

You can tell Dunn has been working harder and getting better. And even though he's had way too many errors in LF, he's had his share of good plays out there, but nobody mentions those. He threw a guy out at the plate yesterdayto keep the game tight.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Hooky' post='294922' date='Jul 17 2006, 09:14 AM']You can tell Dunn has been working harder and getting better. And even though he's had way too many errors in LF, he's had his share of good plays out there, but nobody mentions those. He threw a guy out at the plate yesterdayto keep the game tight.[/quote]

he has been playing much, much better lately...

[quote name='CTA513' post='295216' date='Jul 17 2006, 08:25 PM']Lopez hit his first homerun with the Nationals today.
He also commited 2 errors so far in the game and that makes 17 errors so far this year.

:o[/quote]
That son of a bitch was such a easy play too...he barely even had to move and it hit the palm of his glove and bounced up..that was so sad...

He wouldn't have worked with Edwin right next to him either for to much longer...the errors would have added up...i would have been suprised if they both would have ended up with more then the Boston Red Sox.

[quote name='JC' post='295364' date='Jul 17 2006, 10:55 PM']That son of a bitch was such a easy play too...he barely even had to move and it hit the palm of his glove and bounced up..that was so sad...[/quote]

Yea, just saw it on ESPN baseball tonight. :D

Saw his HR too.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='294589' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:13 AM']Majewski is a good player--he'll be fine. It's unfortunate for him that his debut went like this, but he'll prove his worth in the future. And I believe he's from Houston, so Dunn will have someone with whom to make fun of Skyline Chili (from what I've seen, the existence of Skyline is a bane of Texans everywhere--it's their kryptonite. I myself am an ardent fan of it, naturally).[/quote]
I agree with Texans and their form of chili....I only tolerate Skyline and Goldstar on my coneys....
I prefer thick, spicy chili over RICE, with abundant kidney beans, and I think Skyline, etc is wimpy in that regard, but....go reds and dunn anyway!
:badger:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have been gone for awhile and during this time we made this trade.

Trying to catch up I just wanted to add my 2 cents. First I was very surprised, not in as much in Kearns (personally not a favorite, to me he is more of a softball prototype player than a baseball player; he may be a late-bloomer and have an outstanding career) additionally this allows Freel (who is becoming one of my favs, due to his style of play) more playing time. But I was surprised with Lopez where as we essentially replaced him with an older/slower Royce Clayton :blink: .
[i]Now, we could be moving Brandon Phillips to short next year, bring in Brendan Harris at 2B[/i] :unsure:

Now, Gary Majewski has just plain sucked since the trade. Fellows, I have been a Reds fan for a very long time and other than maybe Tom Seaver (established Hall-of-famer), Randy Meyers and this year Bronson Arroyo (who has had problems himself lately), a pitcher we trade for rarely seems to provide that star impact. I cannot find the answer to why this is so, it is so rare for us. :angry:

On to Bill Bray, right before I left, I was talking shit about how the Reds never scout our area, lo and behold they get Virginia Beach native Bill Bray :blush: . Bill Bray was the #3 pitcher on a 2001 Beach District and Virginia State championship team (Ocean Lakes) behind Mike Ballard (UVA/06 14th Round/Texas Rangers)
and can't remember their #2. [i]My son was a sophmore that year and not sure if he faced him.[/i]
His rise to the Magors has been a nice surprise, remember he is still young.

Oh yeah, Ryan Wagner seems to of went to pot, Homer Bailey appears to be the subject du-jour, as I much like to see him up ala Justin Verlander, I know we must let him develop. Bailey was drafted out of High school where as Verlander spent three years in college developing (ODU).

Wait, wait, wait....how DARE you talk highly of players we traded away? You must be a damn fool if you think we gave up FAR to much for the crap we got in return.

Yeah, nice play in the hole last night Clayton...not sure, but I think a crawling baby probably gets to that one. Also, nice arm on that double play turn...

And Majewski...nice 5 pitches and runners on 1st and 2nd.

AWESOME trade. Some of you people are just fucking clueless when it comes to baseball...

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='303264' date='Jul 28 2006, 09:02 AM']Wait, wait, wait....how DARE you talk highly of players we traded away? You must be a damn fool if you think we gave up FAR to much for the crap we got in return.
Yeah, nice play in the hole last night Clayton...not sure, but I think a crawling baby probably gets to that one. Also, nice arm on that double play turn...

And Majewski...nice 5 pitches and runners on 1st and 2nd.
AWESOME trade. Some of you people are just fucking clueless when it comes to baseball...[/quote]
You can't keep judging these guys on a single game's performance!
Bray notched his first save the other day....majewski has been up and down....Clayton is batting far better than expected...what are Kearns and Lopez doing with their new team?
We needed pitching, they needed position players, and frankly, you cannot argue that both Kearns and Lopez weren't expendable, because they were.

I don't mind Bray...he didn't pitch overly well last night, but he's been solid. We could have traded a prospect to get him.

Majewski has been down, and down and further down...he sucks right now.

Clayton is far better than expected? How? By not getting to anything not hit directly to him and comitting errors?

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='303285' date='Jul 28 2006, 09:19 AM']I don't mind Bray...he didn't pitch overly well last night, but he's been solid. We could have traded a prospect to get him.
Majewski has been down, and down and further down...he sucks right now.

[b]Clayton is far better than expected?[/b] How? By not getting to anything not hit directly to him and comitting errors?[/quote]
Batting. And he isn't committing the errors Lopez has since leaving....and we still have the defensive master Castro.

Brendan Harris,

looks like he is off to a slow start, but decent numbers with the Zephr's

[url="http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Brendan%20Harris&pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=430593"]http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...&pid=430593[/url]

Brendan Harris: Individual Stats (Batting)
Team From-To_______________G-AB --R --H-2B--3B--HR-RBI-TB-BB-SO-SB-CS-OBP-SLG-AVG
New Orleans Zephyrs 04/06 07/13 59-219-37-62-14-0-5--32-91-26-56--3--2--.379-.416-.283
Louisville Bats 07/14 07/26 11 38 3 8 2 0 0 4 10 3 8 2 0 .279 .263 .211

[quote name='Bunghole' post='303296' date='Jul 28 2006, 11:33 AM']Batting. And he isn't committing the errors Lopez has since leaving....and we still have the defensive master Castro.[/quote]

Batting? he's 3 for his last 19. Just because he went on a career high tear for two weeks (which isn't all that impressive for a major leaguer) will never make him a better offensive alternative than Felipe Lopez (who's 10 for his last 23.

Fielding? You can't watch baseball if you believe that. Ignorance. HIS FIRST GAME with the Reds he comitted an error on a ball hit directly to him...not to mention the fact that he can't get to anything not hit at him. He has 14 errors on the season...how is that a lot when your name is Felipe Lopez, but not a lot when your name is Royce Clayton?

Archived