Character Guy's...Please !

OK...Im not here to bash.So moving this to the smack rm. is your choice. And by the angry little response's you have posted,dosent look like I'll get any good conversation.
Just wanted a couple takes on this from the fans.I've read a couple other related post and just thought I'd add to it.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='steeler47' post='293843' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:31 AM'][b]OK...Im not here to bash.[/b]So moving this to the smack rm. is your choice. And by the angry little responce's you have posted,dosent look like I'll get any intelegent conversation.
Just wanted a couple takes on this from the fans.I've read a couple other related post and just thought I'd add to it.[/quote]

lol, did you even read your own post?

[quote name='steeler47' post='293843' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:31 AM']OK...Im not here to bash.So moving this to the smack rm. is your choice. And by the angry little response's you have posted,dosent look like I'll get any good conversation.
Just wanted a couple takes on this from the fans.I've read a couple other related post and just thought I'd add to it.[/quote]

if you want intelligent conversation, it helps if the initial statement starts it off with some in the first place.

If you don't think what you said would be takin as offensive, it would be a wonder if you have any friends outside of Stealer message boards.

[quote name='steeler47' post='293843' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:31 AM']OK...Im not here to bash.So moving this to the smack rm. is your choice. And by the angry little response's you have posted,dosent look like I'll get any good conversation.

It would have been smart to start the thread in the right forum. That way you don't have make a 2nd dumb*ss post after the first.

I've got 2 words for you.

Santonio.

Holmes.

[quote name='steeler47' post='293846' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:35 AM']Just that Marvins comments about character guy's seems false. :1violin:[/quote]

Marvin stated he doesn't judge players by moral fiber. I could link to the press conference but you aren't worth the time. He said that of course he hopes that his players are good people too, but his job with the Bengals is to find good players. He clarified his character statement to mean "football character". He wants guys that show up on time, put in their film study, listen to coaches, get along with their teammates, and have a passion for the game and winning.

Sadly, often times what makes for a good football player is not conducive to also being a model citizen.

It's not Marvins job to save souls... He isn't a preacher. And he isn't these guys legal guardian either. He is a football coach, charged with turning men (and sometimes boys) into as good football players as possible.

I think he has done an awesome job at that so far.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Lucid' post='293853' date='Jul 14 2006, 09:22 AM']Marvin stated he doesn't judge players by moral fiber. I could link to the press conference but you aren't worth the time. He said that of course he hopes that his players are good people too, but his job with the Bengals is to find good players. He clarified his character statement to mean "football character". He wants guys that show up on time, put in their film study, listen to coaches, get along with their teammates, and have a passion for the game and winning.

Sadly, often times what makes for a good football player is not conducive to also being a model citizen.

It's not Marvins job to save souls... He isn't a preacher. And he isn't these guys legal guardian either. He is a football coach, charged with turning men (and sometimes boys) into as good football players as possible.

I think he has done an awesome job at that so far.[/quote]

Nice post [img]http://go-bengals.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/41.gif[/img].I thought his wording of character was taken out of context.Anyway ,these Stealer fans are just mad because we grabbed him in the third because they had a 3rd round bid as well.

[quote name='Lucid' post='293853' date='Jul 14 2006, 09:22 AM']Marvin stated he doesn't judge players by moral fiber. I could link to the press conference but you aren't worth the time. He said that of course he hopes that his players are good people too, but his job with the Bengals is to find good players. He clarified his character statement to mean "football character". He wants guys that show up on time, put in their film study, listen to coaches, get along with their teammates, and have a passion for the game and winning.

I think he has done an awesome job at that so far.[/quote]

[b][size=3]Word!![/size][/b]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='293895' date='Jul 14 2006, 12:05 PM']Also no Division Champ is ever desperate. You dont win the division if your a desperate team. This is a move because Brooks has talent, no more no less. Dont attempt to fool yourelf otherwise.[/quote]

Exactly.

Archived