** OFFICIAL OHIO STATE BUCKEYES FOOTBALL THREAD

Guest WhoDeyForever

Guest WhoDeyForever
I predict at least 6 td punt returns for TG this year

[img]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/229497.jpg[/img]

[size=4][color="#ff0000"][b]"So Sick"[/b][/color][/size]

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='328361' date='Sep 1 2006, 04:53 PM']I predict at least 6 td punt returns for TG this year

[img]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/229497.jpg[/img]

[size=4][color="#ff0000"][b]"So Sick"[/b][/color][/size][/quote]

I doubt it. I think they will kick away from him too much for that to happen.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Jason' post='328413' date='Sep 1 2006, 06:19 PM']I doubt it. I think they will kick away from him too much for that to happen.[/quote]

True that. Pussies <_<

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='328936' date='Sep 2 2006, 01:09 PM']Is today's game available on DirecTV?!? Or is it only on local abc?[/quote]

it depends where you live...Do you have ESPN gameplan?

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='328940' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:14 PM']it depends where you live...Do you have ESPN gameplan?[/quote]

I do now. ;)

My slingbox is in FL, and the abc station there is showing UNC-Rutgers for some stoopid reason. So at least for this week I'm stuck with PPV.

I love the internets. Without it I'd be stuck watching England v Andorra. bleh.

And I'd have missed Ted Ginn's 2 TD catches in the first 9 min of the game!

[color="#CC0000"][size=7]O H![/size][/color]

Guest WhoDeyForever
Lookin very sharp after 1 half..Wolfe is killing us though...Our front 4 seem to be getting pressure on the qb though which is good. I think Marcus Freeman is going to have a great year this year.

I don't feel like they look very sharp at all. The run D scares me to death. Wolfe is obviously talented, but we can't allow 4.7 yards per carry to a talented back playing behind an average line. (and shit, he just popped a big one...)

The game stats and scoreboard look great, but I think we're winning this game only b/c of talent differential. That's not gonna cut it next week.

Guest WhoDeyForever

Yup. Run D defintaly needs to be worked on. Pretty crazy because we were 1st in the nation last year in stopping the run. Wolfe is a beast but Jamal Charles would tear us apart if thats what we will look like next saturday night. First game is in the books though and were 1-0...GO BUCKEYES!!!!

:headbang:

[quote name='Jason' post='328694' date='Sep 1 2006, 10:48 PM']Agreed.[/quote]
Pussies? Not quite.

Smart? Indeed.

Your not being a pussy kicking away from the best returner in the game.

Sharp game...Troy and Ted looked to be in nice form. Denilinger!(troy) and Pitcock!(Piqua)(Huge rivalry in ohio football) looked like monsters! Around here as Marcus Freeman is too.(Huber Heights)

The trio of awesome runners! Gonzo looks good! Line getting good protection. I didn't see Troy take off with the ball today much at all.

[quote name='JC' post='329298' date='Sep 2 2006, 11:38 PM']Pussies? Not quite.

Smart? Indeed.

Your not being a pussy kicking away from the best returner in the game.
Sharp game...Troy and Ted looked to be in nice form. Denilinger!(troy) and Pitcock!(Piqua)(Huge rivalry in ohio football) looked like monsters! Around here as Marcus Freeman is too.(Huber Heights)

The trio of awesome runners! Gonzo looks good! Line getting good protection. I didn't see Troy take off with the ball today much at all.[/quote]

Troy's play is the one thing that makes me think we stand a chance next week. He shows increased poise with every game, and was quite sharp today. He threw some great deep passes. He and Ginn are a deadly combo.

The D was anything but impressive, tho. Is that NIU running back really as good as he looked? I would have to expect UT to have a back of similar if not better quality.

Still, a win is a win, and the coaches now have some live game tape to build for next week. Let's hope Tressel's got 'em ready next Saturday night. I can't stand the thought of losing to those fuckers and allowing them to kill our title hopes two years n a row.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='329330' date='Sep 2 2006, 07:18 PM']Troy's play is the one thing that makes me think we stand a chance next week. He shows increased poise with every game, and was quite sharp today. He threw some great deep passes. He and Ginn are a deadly combo.

The D was anything but impressive, tho. [b]Is that NIU running back really as good as he looked?[/b] I would have to expect UT to have a back of similar if not better quality.

Still, a win is a win, and the coaches now have some live game tape to build for next week. Let's hope Tressel's got 'em ready next Saturday night. I can't stand the thought of losing to those fuckers and allowing them to kill our title hopes two years n a row.[/quote]

Yes. He is the nations leading returning rusher and did receive Heisman votes last year. He is a stud, and so is their left tackle. Some have him (the LT) as a 1st round pick.

Very unimpressed with the D this opener. I understand Wolfe is a stud but what I saw that I didnt like was the lack of tackling. The linebackers looked very bad. D line looked like they can get constant pressure. The pass D looked very good. But this D needs to work on the tackling.

As for the O, pretty much what everyone expected, GREAT. Add in the missed field goal and the two fumbles inside the 10 and that would have put us over 50 points for the game.

On a side note, how int he hell was Zwick the number 1 ranked QB in the country coming out of high school, he is terrible.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='329359' date='Sep 2 2006, 07:47 PM']Very unimpressed with the D this opener. I understand Wolfe is a stud but what I saw that I didnt like was the lack of tackling. The linebackers looked very bad. D line looked like they can get constant pressure. The pass D looked very good. But this D needs to work on the tackling.

As for the O, pretty much what everyone expected, GREAT. Add in the missed field goal and the two fumbles inside the 10 and that would have put us over 50 points for the game.

On a side note, how int he hell was Zwick the number 1 ranked QB in the country coming out of high school, he is terrible.[/quote]

Not practicing can make a lot of guys look bad.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='329359' date='Sep 2 2006, 07:47 PM']Very unimpressed with the D this opener. I understand Wolfe is a stud but what I saw that I didnt like was the lack of tackling. The linebackers looked very bad. D line looked like they can get constant pressure. The pass D looked very good. But this D needs to work on the tackling.

On a side note, how int he hell was Zwick the number 1 ranked QB in the country coming out of high school, he is terrible.[/quote]

I was very impressed with the defense. If the defense did not do its job the game would have been a lot closer. Yeah Wolfe may have ran for 171 yards but that did not get them anything. The defense held them to only 6 points for the first 3 quarters. The defense made big plays when they needed to be made. They now have that first game out of their system and I think they are going to look even better next week against Texas.

[quote name='rizzy' post='329478' date='Sep 2 2006, 11:47 PM']I was very impressed with the defense. If the defense did not do its job the game would have been a lot closer. Yeah Wolfe may have ran for 171 yards but that did not get them anything. The defense held them to only 6 points for the first 3 quarters. The defense made big plays when they needed to be made. They now have that first game out of their system and I think they are going to look even better next week against Texas.[/quote]

Did you watch the same game as me? The tackling on the D is down right pathetic. As Nati said, this D basically had zero swagger, which is what most OSU defenses have. Im very worried for this upcoming game against Texas.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='329685' date='Sep 3 2006, 01:18 PM']Did you watch the same game as me? The tackling on the D is down right pathetic. As Nati said, this D basically had zero swagger, which is what most OSU defenses have. Im very worried for this upcoming game against Texas.[/quote]

They will prove that they have what it takes next week and I bet we see that swagger from them even though I think they showed it this past game.

Guest oldschooler

Like this Saturday`s game wasn`t already big enough...

[quote][size=5][b]Horns rise to No. 2 before game vs. No. 1 OSU[/b][/size]
Associated Press

[b]As if Ohio State at Texas wasn't already a big enough game[/b] (hey didn`t I just say that ? :P), now it's No. 1 vs. No. 2.

The Longhorns moved up one spot to No. 2 in The Associated Press Top 25 on Tuesday, right behind the top-ranked Buckeyes.

The two powerhouses will square off in Austin, Texas, on Saturday, a much-anticipated rematch of last year's 25-22 victory by Texas in Columbus, Ohio.

[b]It'll be the first time since 1996 that the top two teams in the AP poll will meet in a regular-season game.[/b] That year, No. 2 Florida State beat No. 1 Florida 24-21 in mid-November. The Gators and Seminoles met in a rematch in the Sugar Bowl about 1½ months later, and Florida won 52-20 to earn its only national championship.

Southern California moved up three spots to No. 3 in this week's first regular-season media poll, and Notre Dame slipped two places to No. 4 after a 14-10 victory at Georgia Tech. The Fighting Irish share the fourth spot with Auburn.

Ohio State received 39 first-place votes and 1,568 points in the poll after opening its season with a 35-12 win over Northern Illinois. Texas, which began its season with a 56-7 win over North Texas, received seven first-place votes and 1,453 points.

Southern California and Auburn each received three first-place votes; Notre Dame got eight; and No. 6 West Virginia had five. The rest of the Top 10 is Florida, LSU, Florida State -- up two spots after a 13-10 win over Miami on Monday night -- and Michigan.

No. 11 Tennessee made the biggest jump, rising 12 spots after a 35-18 victory over California. Cal, which had its best preseason ranking in more than 50 years, fell from No. 9 to No. 22 after the meltdown in Knoxville.

Miami slipped five spots to No. 17.

Last year's meeting between Texas and Ohio State was the first between the two storied programs. The Longhorns' comeback victory, led by Vince Young, allowed them to clear a major hurdle on the way to their first outright national title since 1969.

What's your Top 25?
Now that you know what the media's Top 25 is after Week 1, we want to know SportsNation's Top 25 teams.
• To rank the Top 25, click here.

That was also the year Texas was last involved in a No. 1 vs. No. 2 regular-season matchup. Texas beat Arkansas in 1969 in one of the most famous games in that rivalry.

The Longhorns are 4-0 in No. 1 against No. 2 games, the latest coming last season when they beat USC in the Rose Bowl for the national title as the second-ranked team.

Ohio State is 2-0 in 1-2 games, the last coming in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl. The No. 2 Buckeyes beat top-ranked Miami in that game to win their last national title.

There were no new teams in the Top 25. The only ranked teams to lose on the opening weekend were Cal and Miami.

Georgia came in at No. 12, followed by Louisville, Iowa, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Miami, Clemson, Penn State and Oregon. The 19th-ranked Nittany Lions play at Notre Dame in Saturday's other marquee game.

The final five in the rankings were Nebraska, Cal, TCU, Texas Tech and Arizona State.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574372"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574372[/url]

Texas' best CB was arrested last night for gun and mj posession. This is the guy who will cover Ted Ginn if he plays. He might get suspended.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024[/url]

[quote name='Jason' post='331493' date='Sep 5 2006, 10:40 PM']Texas' best CB was arrested last night for gun and mj posession. This is the guy who will cover Ted Ginn if he plays. He might get suspended.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573024[/url][/quote]
:headbang: :headbang:

Archived