The Trade aftermath

Palmer4HOF

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='303306' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:03 PM']please tell me what you continuing to be a whiny little bitch is accomplishing?[/quote]

My rebutting of people who dog on players we trade is providing all of you blind fools with fact.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='303317' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:19 PM']My rebutting of people who dog on players we trade is providing all of you blind fools with fact.[/quote]

ok let me clarify, what is your continued existence as a whiny little bitch productively contributing?

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='303331' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:38 PM']I guess I forgot the rule of not being allowed to judge a trade for more than a week after it happens...[/quote]

well think about it. What good is you continually bashing the trade going to do? Do you think its all going to go back to the way it was just because you don't like it? Get over it.

The only thing that matters is the reds are leading the wildcard and are 9-4 since the break.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='303335' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:47 PM']The only thing that matters is the reds are leading the wildcard and are 9-4 since the break.[/quote]

That is quite true...and I'm always going to root for the Reds regardless of who plays for us.

However, I didn't start this thread. When people try to discredit players we've traded away unjustifiably because we got the short end of the stick, which we most certainly did here...I'll probably respond if I see it. I loved the Bronson trade (go back and look at the thread), we obviously got fair value in return...when that happens, you won't hear a peep from me besides "good trade"

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='303324' date='Jul 28 2006, 12:30 PM']What is your continued insistance on being an idiotic douche bag with nothing to offer a baseball discussion doing?

I give statistics, facts....you give what? Terrible smack?[/quote]
what stats are you giving?

again let me show you the following:

As a side note:

Clayton is hitting 10 for 34 since the trade (.294 avg)

Freel is hitting 10 for 30 (.300 avg)

Castro is hitting 4 for 13 (.307 avg)

Lopes is hitting .250 avg

So really..... we've been better off at short with Clayton and Castro since the trade.

The trade has not hurt us offensively at all... in fact, we are a little bit better.... and thats a STAT

Furthermore, as a side note, we needed pitching, which we got (and I will say that the additions in the pen have been helpful rather than hurtful overall), and the Nats needed position players which is what they got.
I think it was an even-up trade, given the need for both teams, not to mention the fact that it is painfully obvious that the offense provided by Kearns and Lopez was so expendable it is already forgotton.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='bengalrick' post='302887' date='Jul 27 2006, 08:40 PM']so does clayton though...[/quote]

he was a salary add in to the deal basically. Its not like we were trading to get him, we traded to get Bray and Majewski.

• 5 months later...
[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6392576"]http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6392576[/url]

28. Wayne Krivsky, Reds
On the job since … February 2006
Playoff appearances: 0

Krivsky hasn't been in Cincy for very long, but he's already done damage. In particular, the 2006 trade that sent Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez and Ryan Wagner to the Nationals in exchange for Bill Bray, Gary Majewski, Royce Clayton, Brandan Harris and Daryl Thompson was, from Cincy's perspective, one of the worst trades of the decade. Like a lot of GMs whose teams toil in hitter-friendly parks, Krivsky acts out of desperation when trying to find pitching.

But this guy's probably just bitching as well...in all honesty though, I like Krivsky and wouldn't put him this low, but that trade is still horrible.

You are fucking out of your damn mind if you think that trade was anywhere close to good...Not one pundit has mentioned the trade in any sort of favorable light (even Krivsky has said he paid too high a price).

Relief pitching affects 1-2 innings every couple games, position players affect 9 innings of every game. Learn baseball. You don't trade mid 20's everyday players for relief pitching (we don't have Clayton or Harris anymore, and thank god on the Clayton part). Krivsky, and obviously you, got duped.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='431618' date='Jan 23 2007, 09:33 AM']You are fucking out of your damn mind if you think that trade was anywhere close to good...Not one pundit has mentioned the trade in any sort of favorable light (even Krivsky has said he paid too high a price).
Relief pitching affects 1-2 innings every couple games, position players affect 9 innings of every game. Learn baseball. You don't trade mid 20's everyday players for relief pitching (we don't have Clayton or Harris anymore, and thank god on the Clayton part). Krivsky, and obviously you, got duped.[/quote]

Word...

Majewski (sp.?) was garbage for us last year and so was Clayton. Harris is now gone and all that leaves is Bill Bray, who might end up being a good reliever for the Reds but it's wayyyy too soon to tell. I was very upset to see Kearns and Lopez go, but I guess I wasn't all that surprised. I would have thought Wayne could have got more in return for those two players, who were everyday starters. Bowden would have been nuts NOT to take this deal because he had to have been thinking Wayne was out of his mind to give those two up for so little in return.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
lets see....Kearns does nothing for this team. Id rather have Freel/Denorfia in the OF and im not even that big on them. Kearns has always been the potential guy and his time ran out. He fucking sucks. He is making like 4-5 million this year and isnt worth it. Not to mention he gets hurt a lot. Kearns hit 264 with 24 HRs this past season and 135 STRIKEOUTS. Until this season he has never played 115 games in 1 year. He will be turning 27 in a couple of months and has yet to play a good full season. GOOD RIDDANCE! Lopez is making 5-6 million this year and cant field worth a shit. We dealt him after his career year. He will never put those #'s up again. Lopez is not good. His fluke 291, 23 HR season got everyone excited. He also strikes out way too much to be a # 1 or # 2 hitter. He is the worst fielding SS in the majors. Everyone used to bitch about his fielding really bad, before we traded him his career high for errors was 17 in a season (2005) with a 970 Fielding PCT. This past year he had 28 errors and a 954 Fiedling PTC. He is bad. GOOD RIDDANCE AS WELL!

We freed up 10-11 million dollars in payroll and picked up a future stud in Bill Bray and a good RP in Majewski (who if wasnt hurt everyone would be loving right now). We traded 2 overrated pieces of shit and a head case for a VERY good young pitcher who is going to end up either a closer or a starter and a good RP, plus salary space. I dont see 1 negative and u cant show me a negative that woudl make me think otherwise.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='431709' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:25 PM']lets see....Kearns does nothing for this team. Id rather have Freel/Denorfia in the OF and im not even that big on them. Kearns has always been the potential guy and his time ran out. He fucking sucks. He is making like 4-5 million this year and isnt worth it. Not to mention he gets hurt a lot. Kearns hit 264 with 24 HRs this past season and 135 STRIKEOUTS. Until this season he has never played 115 games in 1 year. He will be turning 27 in a couple of months and has yet to play a good full season. GOOD RIDDANCE! Lopez is making 5-6 million this year and cant field worth a shit. We dealt him after his career year. He will never put those #'s up again. Lopez is not good. His fluke 291, 23 HR season got everyone excited. He also strikes out way too much to be a # 1 or # 2 hitter. He is the worst fielding SS in the majors. Everyone used to bitch about his fielding really bad, before we traded him his career high for errors was 17 in a season (2005) with a 970 Fielding PCT. This past year he had 28 errors and a 954 Fiedling PTC. He is bad. GOOD RIDDANCE AS WELL!

We freed up 10-11 million dollars in payroll and picked up [b]a future stud in Bill Bray and a good RP in Majewski (who if wasnt hurt everyone would be loving right now).[/b] We traded 2 overrated pieces of shit and a head case for a VERY good young pitcher who is going to end up either a closer or a starter and a good RP, plus salary space. I dont see 1 negative and u cant show me a negative that woudl make me think otherwise.[/quote]

Bray definitely has potential and he did a good job in his relief appearances last year. Majewski will be healthy to start out 2007 so I'm interested to see if he bounces back. I know he did a good job with the Nats when he was healthy and I was very surprised to see him suck so bad when he got here. I hope he bounces back, because I really don't think he could do any worse than he did last year. I really do hope those 2 pitchers play up to their potential because they you would be right...the trade would have been worth it. The extra money freed up would be nice to go after someone in free agency, but I just don't see that happening unfortunately :(

Bottom line is I think we'll have a better idea of who got the better end of this trade in 2007.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='431759' date='Jan 23 2007, 01:31 PM']Bray definitely has potential and he did a good job in his relief appearances last year. Majewski will be healthy to start out 2007 so I'm interested to see if he bounces back. I know he did a good job with the Nats when he was healthy and I was very surprised to see him suck so bad when he got here. I hope he bounces back, because I really don't think he could do any worse than he did last year. I really do hope those 2 pitchers play up to their potential because they you would be right...the trade would have been worth it. [b]The extra money freed up would be nice to go after someone in free agency, but I just don't see that happening unfortunately [/b] :(

Bottom line is I think we'll have a better idea of who got the better end of this trade in 2007.[/quote]
we used that money, but we fucking used it on alex gonzalez :thumbsdown: we used the rest of it on giving Harang a raise (and are close to giving a long term deal i heard).

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='431824' date='Jan 23 2007, 04:05 PM']we used that money, but we fucking used it on alex gonzalez :thumbsdown: we used the rest of it on giving Harang a raise (and are close to giving a long term deal i heard).[/quote]

Giving Harang a raise I am cool with but Alex Gonzalez I'm still scratching my head on. I hope he can prove me wrong but I think that was a waste signing him.

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='431856' date='Jan 23 2007, 04:45 PM']Giving Harang a raise I am cool with but Alex Gonzalez I'm still scratching my head on. I hope he can prove me wrong but I think that was a waste signing him.[/quote]

Gonzo will solidfy this defense... it can't all be about homeruns and offense fellas. The tandem of Gonzo and BP will be very fun to watch and will directly save the Reds runs in the process.

Hell and whose to say that Gonzo won't put up good offensive numbers in this park?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432112' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:25 AM']Gonzo will solidfy this defense... it can't all be about homeruns and offense fellas. The tandem of Gonzo and BP will be very fun to watch and will directly save the Reds runs in the process.

Hell and whose to say that Gonzo won't put up good offensive numbers in this park?[/quote]
either way gonzalez was overpaid. and with this franchise we cant afford to overpay cuz we dont have a lot of money in the first place.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432318' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:46 PM']wasn't it 2.5 mil? or 3.5 mil? FAR from over paid.[/quote]
no, 4.67 mill and most of the GMs in MLB said he has overpaid and werent happy cuz he drove the market up.

Archived