Reds vs Stros...

JBandJoeyV

Harang (10-6) vs Clemens (2-3)

Lets keep our hot-streak against the stros going and kick that old mans ass!!!

Anything you have to say revolution 9? (You are the astros fan if i am correct...)

Current Standings
NL Central
Cardinals 56-42 -
Reds 52-47 4.5 back

Wildcard
Reds 52-47 -
Giants 51-48 1
Diamondbacks 50-48 1.5

Other games to watch...
Diamondbacks @ phillies
Giants @ Nationals (root on kearns and lopez)
St Louis @ Colorado

All I have to say is that this is a key series for the Astros. They have to at least win the series to stay in contention. They have been playing pretty crummy lately and the Reds are not fading as many had hoped. I guess it's up to the Astros to start that. Clemens will probably do his part, the question is whether the bats can come through. Our only reliable hitter, Berkman, has pulled his groin (please lay off the obvious puns) and so may not be playing. If that's the case it could get ugly.

I may or may not be around for the actual game (I just finished day 1 of the 3 day Texas Bar Exam--got to prepare for tomorrow). Anyways, here's hoping to a good game.

This definitely has the makings of a good series. It's going to be important for us and pivotal for the Astros. Go Reds!

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='300735' date='Jul 25 2006, 04:44 PM']Thanks, it's just what the word needs--another lawyer.[/quote]

Good luck anyway. :lol:

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='300792' date='Jul 25 2006, 04:28 PM']This definitely has the makings of a good series. It's going to be important for us and pivotal for the Astros. Go Reds!
Good luck anyway. :lol:[/quote]

Danke schoen. I'm taking the Bar in the George R. Brown Convention center, which is a stone's throw from Minute Maid Park.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Revolution #9' post='300932' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:16 PM']Rocket is not looking good. He'll probably start complaining about his hamstring and have to be taken out (it's never that he isn't pitching well--it's that he's hurt. He's a bigger Drama Queen than Favre).[/quote]

not to fond of the rocket i see...i dont like him cuz of what he did to the stros and the fact that he wanted like 20 million dollars and that he doesnt go on road trips and shit unless he is pitching. The man is an asshole.

[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='300931' date='Jul 25 2006, 07:15 PM']Good Luck Man.....do you think you can be the personal attorney for the Bengals????

:whistle:

And the Redlegs will win...... :headbang: :headbang:[/quote]

If I pass, and if they commit crimes in Texas, then I can help. Astros haven't been playing well lately but I'm hoping that changes this series.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='300935' date='Jul 25 2006, 07:18 PM']not to fond of the rocket i see...i dont like him cuz of what he did to the stros and the fact that he wanted like 20 million dollars and that he doesnt go on road trips and shit unless he is pitching. The man is an asshole.[/quote]

Clemens is a living legend. And if you don't believe it, ask him yourself. Can't stand him as a person but that man can pitch (although he is starting to show his age). He's pretty much burned every team he's ever played for.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Revolution #9' post='300937' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:19 PM']Clemens is a living legend. And if you don't believe it, ask him yourself. Can't stand him as a person but that man can pitch (although he is starting to show his age). He's pretty much burned every team he's ever played for.[/quote]

he is a great pitcher no doubt, but he is a fuckin asshole.

Guest oldschooler
[img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2104/buttheadmd4.gif[/img][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3747/beavisps5.gif[/img]

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='CTA513' post='300961' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:43 PM']That looked like a failed double steal attempt.
Why would you risk getting thrown out stealing when Dunn is up and is 7 for 13 against Clemens?
:thumbsdown:[/quote]

cuz he is due for an out.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='300932' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:16 PM']it's never that he isn't pitching well--it's that he's hurt. He's a bigger Drama Queen than Favre.[/quote]

At least Favre doesn't invent injuries (or ever get injured at all for that matter). He just whines about how they are doing nothing to improve his team and creates a fucking annoying offseason media circus every year.

Little Ben might be the better comparison for that. Loses to the Patriots in the AFC Championship, "I had an injured toe." Loses to the Colts and Bengals, "My thumb hurt." If they had lost the Super Bowl with his pathetic QB rating I'm sure he would have made up an injury then too.

I guess I got off on a non-baseball-related tangent but I'm feeling really football-deprived.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='300967' date='Jul 25 2006, 07:49 PM']At least Favre doesn't invent injuries (or ever get injured at all for that matter). He just whines about how they are doing nothing to improve his team and creates a fucking annoying offseason media circus every year.

Little Ben might be the better comparison for that. Loses to the Patriots in the AFC Championship, "I had an injured toe." Loses to the Colts and Bengals, "My thumb hurt." If they had lost the Super Bowl with his pathetic QB rating I'm sure he would have made up an injury then too.

I guess I got off on a non-baseball-related tangent but I'm feeling really football-deprived.[/quote]

Yes, Ben would be a better comparison. It's my fault for bringing up the football. As for me, I am principally a baseball fan and a football fan second. That's probably (make that definately) the minority 'round these parts.

Preston "Special K" Wilson--you can always count on him to either strike out or hit into a double play. The 2 worst things you can do as a batter. Harang is good, but the Astros make opposing pitchers look like Walter Johnson.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='300983' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:30 PM']Brilliant catch by Phillips to save a run! :headbang:[/quote]

Taking nothing away from Philips' catch, the Astros simply blow with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs.

Archived