Reds vs Stros...

JBandJoeyV

The Sinking Fastros...a $100 million fiasco (granted a huge chunk is Bagwell but the Lastros are a glorified AAA squad). Ah, that's the great thing about baseball. If your team isn't winning, it's a lark to make fun of them.

Guest WhoDeyForever

Great 1-2-3 by Harang and thanks guys for creating this game day threads ive been really busy..I try to create them whenever I can...Also Brandon Phillips I think is the MVP of the game so far...That run that made it 2-0 was awesome...GO BP!!! :headbang:

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='301030' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:46 PM']Coffey strikes out Burke...

Still don't know why he's in the game...[/quote]

Brennaman doesn't like it, either. Nor do I.

Let's go Reds!!!!!!

2 down.

Guest ThurmanMunster
fantastic, now the winning run is at the plate, why the fuck is Coffey in...Harang or Guardado it was that simple. FIRE NARRON!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='301034' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:50 PM']fantastic, now the winning run is at the plate, why the fuck is Coffey in...Harang or Guardado it was that simple. FIRE NARRON![/quote]

Exactly. If you have a closer who is 5-for-5 in save opportunities since joining your team, with a 1.35 ERA, and you have a 2-run lead in the bottom of the 9th... you use him. Or you let your ace who's pitched a 4-hit shutout stay in the game.

The Astros are simply incapable of scoring runs when Clemens is on the mound. Must have been a secret provision in Roger's contract with the devil.

I'd say good game, but only 1 team played a good game tonight. It was not the Disastros. What a frustrating team of underachievers.

Guest bengalrick
one HELL of a game right there... when you beat clemmons, that is something to be proud of.... we're hitting another winning streak... i can feel it...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='301046' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:57 PM']one HELL of a game right there... when you beat clemmons, that is something to be proud of....[/quote]

I guess, but like Revolution #9 said, when practically everyone other than Clemens on their team plays like crap, it's not all that great.

But any win is a good win. :D

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='300940' date='Jul 25 2006, 08:22 PM']he is a great pitcher no doubt, but he is a fuckin asshole.[/quote]

I guess by asshole you mean a guy who buys minorleaguers diner for a week, also buys them all new sofas and big screen tv's for their clubhouse.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='301038' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:52 PM']Looks like Bray is coming in...Dont have to worry about anything now..Its a lock...Reds will win :headbang:[/quote]

B)

[quote name='dieselman44' post='301050' date='Jul 25 2006, 09:59 PM']I guess by asshole you mean a guy who buys minorleaguers diner for a week, also buys them all new sofas and big screen tv's for their clubhouse.[/quote]

Roger upgraded the clubhouse for himself for when he was playing there. And buying people dinner does not make you a nice guy. It's not like he's hurting for money. It's a meaningless gesture for publicity for himself. That's all Roger cares about--being feted and showered with accolades.

Do I care about that? No. He's a Drama Queen, we all know that. He has pitched very well since coming back. The problem is that the Astros are, quite simply, abysmal this season. I don't know what caused it, but there's only 2 or 3 guys on the staff earning their paychecks. Phil Garner has been making some incomprehensible moves lately. The astros have made a couple of second half miracle runs the last 2 seasons. It's almost as though they've come to expect it and as a result are not playing with urgency. If they don't right the ship pretty soon, they will miss out. It's really sad that they aren't already eliminated from contention given how poorly they've played.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='301034' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:50 PM']fantastic, now the winning run is at the plate, why the fuck is Coffey in...Harang or Guardado it was that simple. FIRE NARRON![/quote]

Give Coffey a break. He gave up two hits, but he was pitching well.

As for why he was in there instead of Guardado, I'm not sure. My guess would be that the batters coming up hit Lefties well, and Guardad is a lefty closer. Just a guess though.

Archived