Reds vs Stros...

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='301060' date='Jul 25 2006, 11:05 PM']Roger upgraded the clubhouse for himself for when he was playing there. And buying people dinner does not make you a nice guy. It's not like he's hurting for money. It's a meaningless gesture for publicity for himself. That's all Roger cares about--being feted and showered with accolades.

Do I care about that? No. He's a Drama Queen, we all know that. He has pitched very well since coming back. The problem is that the Astros are, quite simply, abysmal this season. I don't know what caused it, but there's only 2 or 3 guys on the staff earning their paychecks. Phil Garner has been making some incomprehensible moves lately. The astros have made a couple of second half miracle runs the last 2 seasons. It's almost as though they've come to expect it and as a result are not playing with urgency. If they don't right the ship pretty soon, they will miss out. It's really sad that they aren't already eliminated from contention given how poorly they've played.[/quote]

Why would he buy all that shit for one start? Do you know Roger? I just hate it when ppl draw conclusions about athletes and they have never met them at all.

good win by the redlegs and anybody know anything about eddie?

Yes, I know Roger. He lives down the block from me and we've played golf a few times. He lost but won't pay up. /lies

You said you hate it when people draw conclusions about athletes and don't know them at all. Well, you've concluded that Roger is a good guy. Do you know him? Or is it only improper to draw conclusions when they run counter to your own intuitions?

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='301077' date='Jul 25 2006, 11:18 PM']Yes, I know Roger. He lives down the block from me and we've played golf a few times. He lost but won't pay up. /lies

You said you hate it when people draw conclusions about athletes and don't know them at all. Well, you've concluded that Roger is a good guy. Do you know him? Or is it only improper to draw conclusions when they run counter to your own intuitions?[/quote]

Never once did i say he was a good guy. I just get tried of ppl bashing athletes(ex. griffey(and his so called ego)), when they dont know anything about the guy except he wears number 3 and plays for the reds. But obviously you know Roger on a personal level therefore you know more about him then i do, which makes me take your input more serious.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='301038' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:52 PM']Looks like Bray is coming in...Dont have to worry about anything now..Its a lock...Reds will win :headbang:[/quote]

bray is going to be a star, he has some great stuff. But i didnt like them putting a young guy like that in a situation like that tho. I hope Guardado is hurt cuz i dont see a fuckin reason why we would go with Coffey in that situation instead of Harang or Guardado.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='301050' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:59 PM']I guess by asshole you mean a guy who buys minorleaguers diner for a week, also buys them all new sofas and big screen tv's for their clubhouse.[/quote]

those dont really mean shit to me. he kinda fucks over his own

[quote name='dieselman44' post='301071' date='Jul 25 2006, 11:14 PM']Why would he buy all that shit for one start? Do you know Roger? I just hate it when ppl draw conclusions about athletes and they have never met them at all.
good win by the redlegs and anybody know anything about eddie?[/quote]

ive met Roger and he was an asshole in person. now it was less than a 5 minute experience but that along with his actions with the astros recently about not going on road trips and shit and people saying he is an asshole, i conclude he is.

Guest WhoDeyForever

Heard on the radio that Guardado had stiffness in his arm...Should be good to go tomorrow though if there we are in a save situation :D

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='301105' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:03 AM']Heard on the radio that Guardado had stiffness in his arm...Should be good to go tomorrow though if there we are in a save situation :D[/quote]

thank god.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='301103' date='Jul 25 2006, 11:58 PM'][b]I hope Guardado is hurt [/b] cuz i dont see a fuckin reason why we would go with Coffey[/quote]

take a step back and realize what a dumbfuck comment that is.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='301108' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:08 AM']take a step back and realize what a dumbfuck comment that is.[/quote]

ok common sense would tell u that i meant a mild injury because if Guardado is healthy and we are making these dumbfuckin moves in the pen then Narron is TRYING to blow our wild card position.

So ya i hoped he was hurt and he had stiffness and in an odd way that makes me happy. He should be fine soon.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='301110' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:15 AM']its not a dumbfuck move to bring in Coffey.[/quote]

in the 9th with harang throwing a 4 hitter and guardado our closer and perfect, yea it is.

Cards win 1-0 against the rockies, we just cant seem to gain any ground in this race no matter how well we do...then again if we can keep it at around 3 or 4 games out and take 5 of 7 from them when we play them 7 times in like 11 days, then we have a decent shot at the division...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='301130' date='Jul 26 2006, 01:21 AM']Cards win 1-0 against the rockies, we just cant seem to gain any ground in this race no matter how well we do...then again if we can keep it at around 3 or 4 games out and take 5 of 7 from them when we play them 7 times in like 11 days, then we have a decent shot at the division...[/quote]

colorado is a wild card contender and that is our chance at playoffs so im glad STL won.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='301113' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:26 AM']in the 9th with harang throwing a 4 hitter and guardado our closer and perfect, yea it is.[/quote]

Harang had thrown 112 pitches already and struggled to get out of the 8th. The only way he was going back out there is if we were up by 4 runs or so. And he probably would have been pulled at 120 pitches to be safe.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='301049' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:59 PM']I guess, but like Revolution #9 said, when practically everyone other than Clemens on their team plays like crap, it's not all that great.

But any win is a good win. :D[/quote]

well, they got our ace, so that is probably the case in alot of situations... people don't want to pitch joe mayes against clemmons... they make sure to bring in their workhorse... and w/out berkman in there, the stros can't hit for shit...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='301251' date='Jul 26 2006, 09:08 AM']Anytime Clemons loses, I am a happy man, even moreso when it's my beloved Redleggers taking it to him.
And by the way, #9, your nicknames for the Astros had me rolling....[/quote]

Thanks, although "Disastros" is pretty common down here. I can't claim that one. As far as I know, I did coin "Sinking Fastros, Finishing Lastros, Leaving Fans A-ghastros, and a few other even lamer ones.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='301440' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:15 PM']its [b][size=4]C-L-E-M-E-N-S[/size][/b] ! if yall are gonna bash the guy atleast spell his name correctly :contract:[/quote]
The last thing we need around here is a freaking English teacher, pal. I know how his name is spelled, and I spelled it incorrectly...so what?
And I have a degree in English....should I be ashamed?
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img]

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='301682' date='Jul 26 2006, 04:21 PM']Thanks, although "Disastros" is pretty common down here. I can't claim that one. As far as I know, I did coin "Sinking Fastros, Finishing Lastros, Leaving Fans A-ghastros, and a few other even lamer ones.[/quote]
I loved the "Sinking Fastros". Let's hope that holds true tonight as well...Arroyo needs to outduel Pettite....

Oh, and #9, LOL at your new signature....that is hysterical....

Guest Bengals1181
I'm intrigued and yet perplexed by tonight's lineup:

REDS
1. RF Freel .299
2. SS Clayton .274
3. CF Griffey .240
4. 1B Aurilia .279
5. LF Dunn .246
6. 3B Encarnacion .293
7. 2B Phillips .291
8. C Ross .311
9. P Arroyo .143