Not Football News but still big reds news, im

Rudi05

[quote name='sean' date='Dec 28 2004, 04:03 PM']I heard on 1360 that he wasn't doing so hot at 3rd. Then they signed Randa which confirms it in my mind. They were only going to play Kearns at 3rd as a stopgap until Encarnacion is ready. He is said to be a year away.
[right][post="30873"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I didnt know they were only using kearns as a stopgap(?) but they are saying tha encarnacion is only a year away.

i read they are going to keep training kearns at third due to the crowded outfield, with griffey pena dunn and kearsns all healthy to start, dunn for sure gets left due to his bat, pena is too hot to bench, griffey plays if he is healthy for damn sure name alone gets him in, and we cant afford to lose kearns bat....

Kearns was supposed to be the next big thing when he first came out, he has had a ton of injuries though. He needs to learn how to duck out of the way of fastballs aimed at his hands.... I think it would be good to keep him training at third and in the outfield. I think he and Griffey both need rest, niether one of them seem to be able to play a full season. If they can platoon here and there... Also, Kearns could get at least one at-bat per game, a 7th inning pitching change pinch hit, that kind of thing. Someone will get nicked up a little in the outfield. He is a good guy to have on your bench waiting to come in.

Archived