Big Jen one of the worst decision makers

Storm

[url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=2542482&action=login&appRedirect=http:/%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_kc%26id%3d2542482"]brainlessburger[/url]

[quote]• Ben Roethlisberger: Big Ben's 2005 season provides proof that you can win despite having high bad decision percentages. Roethlisberger ranked dead last in the bad decision percentage category and had the fifth-highest weighted bad decision percentage. He was able to get away with those elevated percentages because he had by far the highest yards per pass attempt in 2005 (9.1 yards, the only QB to top the 9-yard mark). If the YPA number drops at all in 2006, Roethlisberger's bad decision percentages will need to show improvement.[/quote]

[b][size=5]PWNED[/size][/b]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='311844' date='Aug 8 2006, 05:26 PM'][b][size=5]PWNED[/size][/b][/quote]
He averaged 9 yards per pass throwing the ball about half as often as every other QB in the league. Out of every single starter in the league to play at least 10 games, he by far has the least amount of pass attempts. There are even a few players that played less than 10 games that had more attempts than him.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='311851' date='Aug 8 2006, 05:30 PM']He averaged 9 yards per pass throwing the ball about half as often as every other QB in the league. Out of every single starter in the league to play at least 10 games, he by far has the least amount of pass attempts. There are even a few players that played less than 10 games that had more attempts than him.[/quote]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/yellowcircle.gif[/img]

[size=4]X2[/size]

[quote]Roethlisberger ranked dead last in the bad decision percentage category[/quote]

Shouldn't that be "First in the bad decision percentage category" ???? If he's last then that means he didn't make many bad decisions.
MULLY

Now see, the problem I've always had with Ben's YPA crap is this:

Pitt runs the ball, if they can they will.

So THE ONLY time they really have Ben throwing is IN LONGER YARD SITUATIONS, hence he's gonna have a higher YPA then everyone else.

You put Ben on a team that dosen't run 65% of the time and THEN see what his YPA is.....

I bet it's QUITE different.

Does Pitt throw on 3rd and 4 a lot like other teams do? Nope.

The other thing I hate about YPA is that uhhh...if the WR gets the YAC, then that gets tacked on to the total yards for the QB. So if Ben throws a 5 yard dump and the WR gets 10 YsAC then it gets counted as a 15 yard pass attempt/completion and that is misleading.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='312249' date='Aug 9 2006, 02:52 PM']Now see, the problem I've always had with Ben's YPA crap is this:

Pitt runs the ball, if they can they will.

So THE ONLY time they really have Ben throwing is IN LONGER YARD SITUATIONS, hence he's gonna have a higher YPA then everyone else.

You put Ben on a team that dosen't run 65% of the time and THEN see what his YPA is.....

I bet it's QUITE different.

Does Pitt throw on 3rd and 4 a lot like other teams do? Nope.

[b]The other thing I hate about YPA is that uhhh...if the WR gets the YAC, then that gets tacked on to the total yards for the QB. So if Ben throws a 5 yard dump and the WR gets 10 YsAC then it gets counted as a 15 yard pass attempt/completion and that is misleading.[/b][/quote]

yeah but if it deflects off the receivers hands into the defender the QB also gets the int

[quote name='RoyT' post='313282' date='Aug 10 2006, 02:14 PM']Aren't the going to try using no huddle also this year??? UH OH no huddle and bad decisions is gonna make our D look awful good guys !!![/quote]
It would be rather comical to see them try to run the no huddle offense.

he is also known for the 1 yard shovel pass to a RB that is run for 15-20 yards...he has never been asked to and actuallycame through in winning them a game, either he loses it single handidly and makes an excuse or the rest of the team wins it dispite his horrible play and he rides the gravey train.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='313456' date='Aug 10 2006, 04:03 PM']he is also known for the 1 yard shovel pass to a RB that is run for 15-20 yards...[b]he has never been asked to and actuallycame through in winning them a game, either he loses it single handidly and makes an excuse or the rest of the team wins it dispite his horrible play and he rides the gravey train.[/b][/quote]

Sounds a lot like a former Bengals QB who now starts for the mighty Lions....maybe minus the excuses part.... :lol:

Archived