Chiefs’ start not easy

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Chiefs’ start not easy[/b][/size]
Two playoff teams will test rebuilt line
Monday, September 04, 2006
Adam Teicher
THE KANSAS CITY (MO.) STAR

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Only one AFC team begins its schedule with two games against contestants from last season’s playoffs.

Herm Edwards isn’t complaining that it’s the Chiefs.

"I think it’s great," Edwards said. "I think you find out a lot about your football team."

He might not feel that way in two weeks, after the Chiefs play Cincinnati at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday and at Denver the following week.

The Bengals will have Carson Palmer at quarterback Sunday, meaning the Chiefs will see one of the game’s rising stars rather than journeyman Anthony Wright.

The Chiefs gave few clues during an erratic preseason they are ready to be competitive against such an opening schedule, a point Edwards agreed with.

"You build your football team as the season goes along," he said. "We have to be better after four weeks than you are the first four, and after eight you have to be a lot better football team. I think we’ll do that."

On offense, Edwards has had issues at times with the playcalling of coordinator Mike Solari. The line, trying to fill the holes from offseason retirements of starting tackles Willie Roaf and John Welbourn, hasn’t played together once in the preseason or practiced together since early in training camp.

"I think we have some young guys and the acquisition of Kyle (Turley) was great," Edwards said. "In the spring people wondered why we would do that. Why another tackle? Well, I’m glad we did that. ... I like Kyle Turley’s presence. He’s a guy that when you play a football game you want him on your side. He’s got a good guy next to him in Brian Waters."

On defense, the Chiefs never put together a consistent pass rush. Now they will have to face Palmer, who threw for almost 4,000 yards last season.[/quote]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/bengals/bengals.php?story=dispatch/2006/09/04/20060904-G8-01.html"]http://www.dispatch.com/bengals/bengals.ph...0904-G8-01.html[/url]

And the Cheifs fan's believe that this will be and easy win for them. With what....bad play calling, an o-line that hasn't played together in any games or really practice together and the lack of a pass rush on their d-line going against one of the best O-lines in the game today. I do believe that it will be a good game but not for them.

WHO DEY!!!

Archived