Hey oftt4

Jamie_B

[quote name='oftt4' post='345795' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:23 PM']No, I am not OFTT over there, but there is someone with that username. If the Bengals win Sunday, you'll find out who I am. I honor by bets. Until then, I'd rather just remain anonymous.

As for your sig if the stealers win.... I may pick something directly from the game...so I will have to let you know Monday.[/quote]

cool

I just want to say I think it's ha-larry-ous that a few of you on that site are using the "Dumptruck" monniker we gave Davenport, sad thing they dont realize the reasoning behind it, but hey...keep using it it makes me smile every time I see it on that site used in a way that is ignorant to what it means.

[quote name='oftt4' post='346632' date='Sep 22 2006, 03:46 PM']I think we all know what it means, thats why it is funny. And you guys didnt make it up, sorry.[/quote]

I have only seen it here 1st, guess its possible we didnt, but I havent seen it elsewhere aside from the nation.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='346636' date='Sep 22 2006, 03:49 PM']I have only seen it here 1st, guess its possible we didnt, but I havent seen it elsewhere aside from the nation.[/quote]

Actually, a member of the nation suggested the nickname the day we signed him...and PFT had an article with that nickname in it also. It isnt a new thing by any means.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='346704' date='Sep 22 2006, 05:33 PM']A packers fan probably came up with it first.

It's kinda like 'Ben Toothlessberger,' I believe Storm "came up with it" on this site, but I'm sure someone else had thought of the new nickname before him. Heck, someone probably thought of it the instant they heard about the crash.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='oftt4' post='346970' date='Sep 23 2006, 07:25 AM']Hey Jaime, is it possible to change my group to stealers Fan, or is that just asking for trouble?[/quote]

Ill look into that later, I got a few threads to look at then got to get up and get to class.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='347006' date='Sep 23 2006, 09:49 AM']9 to noon. Im in class now and should be paying attention, but its all stuff Ive done before so...

Wait your masters?

You sure your a stealers fan? I mean knowing how to read and all...[/quote]

Well I dont make enough death threats or believe enough NFL conspiracy theories to be a Bengals fan. So yeah, I guess I'm a stealers fan.

Have fun in class.

Here's to an injury free game tomorrow.

[quote name='oftt4' post='347158' date='Sep 23 2006, 12:48 PM']Nope. Sorry. I really dont think you guys are going to guess it.[/quote]
Well, regardless, you're quite a bit less insulting than some of your bretheren "over there", although I've been posting there a bit lately and there are some that don't use verbal abuse as a means of communication.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='347160' date='Sep 23 2006, 02:56 PM']Well, regardless, you're quite a bit less insulting than some of your bretheren "over there", although I've been posting there a bit lately and there are some that don't use verbal abuse as a means of communication.[/quote]

Yeah, there are some. There are some here too, it just takes a while to find them.

I just like arguing about football, no need to call names (unless I am provoked, that is). I post over there quite a bit, but you cant argue with people who agree with everything you say. So I pop over here occasionally.

Anyway.....just a few hours til gametime....

Guest schotzee
[quote name='oftt4' post='347543' date='Sep 24 2006, 08:31 AM']Yeah, there are some. There are some here too, it just takes a while to find them.

I just like arguing about football, no need to call names (unless I am provoked, that is). I post over there quite a bit, but you cant argue with people who agree with everything you say. So I pop over here occasionally.

Anyway.....just a few hours til gametime....[/quote]

What's your gameday analysis?

[quote name='schotzee' post='347544' date='Sep 24 2006, 08:40 AM']What's your gameday analysis?[/quote]

Well, I honestly dont know what to expect today. I think injuries are going to play a somewhat large role in the outcome of the game.

You guys are missing your starting center, that creates a favorable mismatch for Pitt. Casey Hampton could have a huge game. If you need to double/triple team him (not out of the question), that would open up more lanes for the LB's. Palmer might have a lot of pressure in his face today.

You are missing a couple of playmakers at linebacker and safety. Thurman (not an injury, but he will be missed none-the-less), Pollack and Jackson. That could create a favorable mismatch for Pitt. Miller and Ward could have a big day in the middle of the field.

Your receivers are all banged up. I believe they are all playing, but none of them are 100% (correct?). If that is the case, I think the deep ball might get taken away in this game. UNLESS Rudi runs well, in which case you guys will see alot of 1 on 1 coverage, which wouldnt be good for us. Rudi is my biggest concern in this game.

Polamalu is banged up. He missed some tackles against Jax, which is something we almost never see him do. If he isnt close to 100%, it bodes well for you guys on offense. Like him or not, Troy P is a playmaker and it hurts our D quite a bit when he isnt productive.

Ben obviously showed some (a lot) of rust against Jax, but the O-line didnt protect him well and receivers were dropping balls. That said, if he makes bad decisions like he did a few times (INT's) against Jax, your corners will eat him alive. I think he will play better this week though.

If the O-line plays better than they did against Jax, Willie could have a big day. All that kid needs is one hole and he can break open a game. However, against Jax he was getting hit almost as soon as he got the ball. If you guys can push our O-line around like they did...it is going to be a long day for us.

So to sum up....I am worried about Rudi. I am optimistic about us getting pressure on Palmer. Our offense, I really dont know what to expect, but I think either Willie or Ben are going to have a big day.

Archived