Hey oftt4

Jamie_B

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='347643' date='Sep 24 2006, 10:46 AM']Youll have to come up with something else, I could put that into text, but remember no pics.[/quote]

You should've opened it to pics. that way when the Stealers lose, he could not-so-proudly wear a pic made by BlackJesus in his sig on Stealernation. ;)

[quote name='oftt4' post='349113' date='Sep 24 2006, 05:06 PM']That game was ugly and we pissed it away with stupid turnovers. But the bottom line is that you guys made plays when you had to and we didnt. So, I am here to take some abuse.[/quote]

Im not gonna ride you, you've been classy in your time here so having to put "We-Dey lost to the better team." in your sig on steelernation for the week is enough.

Good luck the rest of the way. I will be in Cincinnati for the 2nd game, maybee we wolnt be sitting our starters and well see another battle.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='349159' date='Sep 24 2006, 05:20 PM']maybee we wolnt be sitting our starters and well see another battle.[/quote]

Fuck that. 13-3 here we come! :contract:

:icon15:

If we do see another battle I sure as hell hope it isn't as close as this one was. Watching that probably took a few years off my life.

[quote name='oftt4' post='349113' date='Sep 24 2006, 04:06 PM']That game was ugly and we pissed it away with stupid turnovers. But the bottom line is that you guys made plays when you had to and we didnt. So, I am here to take some abuse.[/quote]
No abuse from me, anyway oftt...props to you for owning up (for lack of a better phrase). My respects, man.

[quote name='oftt4' post='350066' date='Sep 25 2006, 08:50 AM']Sig is up....enjoy. Though just to warn you, I am not one of those 1000+ posters, I am a little too busy to spend all day on message boards. See if you can find me.[/quote]

steelberger1 thanks for sticking to the bet. :thumbsup:

[quote name='oftt4' post='350121' date='Sep 25 2006, 09:45 AM']Uh oh. My secret is out. So, you said earlier that you thought you knew who I was. Were you right?[/quote]

No.

Also I probabally should have told you, but the only other time ive ever made a sig bet was for George Mason over Uconn. Luck was on my side. ;)

Although there was no luck in that game so dont think thats what Im saying.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm back. Havent been here for a while. I have been incredibly busy with a new project at work, reading and reports for school, and I am in the process of moving. But I doubt anyone cares about that.

So what's new here? Any doom and gloom talk yet?

[quote name='oftt4' post='365163' date='Oct 16 2006, 04:53 AM']I'm back. Havent been here for a while. I have been incredibly busy with a new project at work, reading and reports for school, and I am in the process of moving. But I doubt anyone cares about that.

So what's new here? Any doom and gloom talk yet?[/quote]
Our offense is defenitely struggling, for whatever reason. Injuries to the Oline, Carson being off, bad playcalling, you name it, we've got it.

[quote name='oftt4' post='365163' date='Oct 16 2006, 06:53 AM']I'm back. Havent been here for a while. I have been incredibly busy with a new project at work, reading and reports for school, and I am in the process of moving. But I doubt anyone cares about that.

So what's new here? Any doom and gloom talk yet?[/quote]

Not yet, from me anyway. There's plenty of hope with key players coming back from injury/suspension soon hopefully. I'm not blaming either loss on injury, but it's obviously a factor.

But there's still a long way to go. The rest of the games are winable(word?), but the Bengals aren't going to be too overly dominant with the current active personnel. Got a tough one Sunday vs Carolina. It looks like the Bengals will start being underdogs again.

No reason to panic yet, we were down to all backups in the linebacking core yesterday, and playing a 3rd stringer and a rookie. Were the walking wounded right now and some of the injuries do give me some concern (rich braham), but hopefully we get some guys back this week and we should get our PUP guys back and get it righted.

This season so far reminds me of the season you guys had a few years ago when we were battleing the ravens for the division and you guys were done due to some serious injuries on your o-line. Were still a good team but the injuries have finally started to take their toll, hopefully we get guys back soon and get it righted. This is why you play 16 weeks.

Also Im still pretty pissed about that roughing the passer call. I have tried to look at it objectivly and I just dont at all see how it was even remotly roughing the passer.

Take a look
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfS9KQsExgs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfS9KQsExgs[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='365252' date='Oct 16 2006, 10:50 AM']No reason to panic yet, we were down to all backups in the linebacking core yesterday, and playing a 3rd stringer and a rookie. Were the walking wounded right now and some of the injuries do give me some concern (rich braham), but hopefully we get some guys back this week and we should get our PUP guys back and get it righted.

This season so far reminds me of the season you guys had a few years ago when we were battleing the ravens for the division and you guys were done due to some serious injuries on your o-line. Were still a good team but the injuries have finally started to take their toll, hopefully we get guys back soon and get it righted. [b]This is why you play 16 weeks[/b].[/quote]

That is exactly why, if you recall, I didnt think the sky was falling when the stealers started out 1-3. Now I dont know if they can string enough wins together to make the playoffs, but right now the stealers fate is in their own hands.

That said, you guys really need to beat the Tampa Bays of the league (injuries and all) if you want to compete. And yes, that roughing the passer call was pretty weak.

[quote name='oftt4' post='365345' date='Oct 16 2006, 12:24 PM']That is exactly why, if you recall, I didnt think the sky was falling when the stealers started out 1-3. Now I dont know if they can string enough wins together to make the playoffs, but right now the stealers fate is in their own hands.

That said, you guys really need to beat the Tampa Bays of the league (injuries and all) if you want to compete. And yes, that roughing the passer call was pretty weak.[/quote]

And thats just it, we would hae won that game had that call not been what it was. Those are the ticky tack things that kill teams. I dont disagree that you have to beat the Tampa Bays injuries and all, but I wonder how many teams can win games with a linebacking core that is all backups and one of them being a 3rd stringer.

As of now we are last years Eagles.

Archived