The unintentional hit on Trent Green

Bengalino

[quote name='steggyD' post='336303' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:25 PM']I have it up on youtube, just not available yet. Gimme a minute.[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrzOrPUfX4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrzOrPUfX4[/url]

There's the replays.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Utts' post='336298' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:23 PM']It was a clean hit, but is was a HIT. Jumpy tried to fuck him up and get the ball out, as he should have.[/quote]

True enough.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='steggyD' post='336310' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:32 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrzOrPUfX4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrzOrPUfX4[/url]

[size=4]There's the replays.[/size][/quote]

[center][img]http://www.gamegestapo.com/pwned.gif[/img]

:whistle:
[/center]

You would think after what happened to Carson our own defense players would make a better effort to avoid questionable hits. I'm not saying Geathers did it on purpose, I don't know... but damn- I can see where KC fans are pissed.

Just imagine for a second Palmer was on the other side of that.

Trent is an extremely classy guy and even helped Palmer by calling him and showing support. To poke any fun at this is just completely classless.

Get well soon, Trent.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='336320' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:40 PM']There was a clear push CLEAR, there was no lifting the arm and twisting of a knee.

Now STFU![/quote]

Looked like a clear whiff to me. Chiefs player never even touched Geathers.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='336325' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:43 PM']Looked like a clear whiff to me. Chiefs player never even touched Geathers.[/quote]
No way dude. Watch the Chief's guy's (eddie kinnison (sp?) ) head. It clearly bounces. He had to have hit something the way his head bounces there.

[quote name='Bgal' post='336322' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:41 PM']You would think after what happened to Carson our own defense players would make a better effort to avoid questionable hits. I'm not saying Geathers did it on purpose, I don't know... but damn- I can see where KC fans are pissed.

Just imagine for a second Palmer was on the other side of that.

Trent is an extremely classy guy and even helped Palmer by calling him and showing support. To poke any fun at this is just completely classless.

Get well soon, Trent.[/quote]

I can understand why they would be upset losing their probowl QB, but the video shows him being pushed.

This wasnt like another play where after a certien DE was at his knee he lifted up and twisted it.

Depedning on the severity of the concussion trent should still be able to play this year and perhaps might even be able to play this week.

I hope he does. Get well Trent.

Thanks Steggy.

Doesn't look like he was trying to hurt him at all, and it does look like he is going for the ball. That whiplash action back on the the ground looks like it is going to leave some real pain in his neck

Hopefully there is no long term damage and he can recover somewhat quickly.

Guest BlackJesus

[b]- All 31 other teams are the enemy

- All opposing teams players are the enemy

- They all stand in the way of the Bengals Superbowl destiny

- They can either calmly get out of the way and avoid injury .... OR FACE THE REPRUCUSSIONS of trying to take our wins

= Resistance to Bengals triumph is futile ....

B) [/b]

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Bengalino' post='336227' date='Sep 10 2006, 04:35 PM']I'm having a very frustrating arguement with some KC guys. They claim it was a completely intentional hit, and that he ducked his shoulder as he went down. What really pisses me off is when they say "Palmer is fair game now." Anyone have a video clip of Green getting hit so I can shut them up?[/quote]

Fuck em.. their salty after getting their ass kicked and losing their QB..
No sense in putting more salt in their wounds..
They know they got owned in their own stadium .. It hurts..
Just let it go now... Browns next!

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='336332' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:46 PM'][b]- All 31 other teams are the enemy

- All opposing teams players are the enemy

- They all stand in the way of the Bengals Superbowl destiny

- They can either calmly get out of the way and avoid injury .... OR FACE THE REPRUCUSSIONS of trying to take our wins
= Resistance to Bengals triumph is futile ....
B) [/b][/quote]

Those teams hate us because of our freedoms. They must perish.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='steggyD' post='336328' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:45 PM']No way dude. Watch the Chief's guy's (eddie kinnison (sp?) ) head. It clearly bounces. He had to have hit something the way his head bounces there.[/quote]

I see what your saying but it looks like he bearly touched him or just missed him to me. Not enough to really push him into Green the way you are saying he did.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='336341' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:52 PM']Updated announcement on the visa halftime report says that Trent Green is fine.[/quote]

That's good to hear! Glad to see his whole season wasn't ruined because of this.

stealers forums are saying the game would have been different had Green been there. Said we wouldn't have been able to stop LJ. Odd how another team's starter matters in the outcome but ours doesn't. hehe!! They are so insecure and scared of Cincinnati this year it isn't even funny. We are going to own their asses.
MULLY

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Bgal' post='336345' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:54 PM']That's good to hear! Glad to see his whole season wasn't ruined because of this.[/quote]

you think Green wants to come back and play in back of those OT's....
He's gonna be scrambling allot this year

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='336344' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:52 PM']I see what your saying but it looks like he bearly touched him or just missed him to me. Not enough to really push him into Green the way you are saying he did.[/quote]
No, I'm not really saying anything. In my opinion Geathers and Green kinda dove at the same time. In mid dive, Geathers was hit in the back. But even without that hit, Geathers was still going to hit the QB. Who knows if the hit would've been the same, that doesn't even really matter at this time. What matters is that Green really should've slid sooner. That's why we all hold our breath when we see our QB's run. We're afraid of the result because we know they are opening themselves up for a big hit. We all scream, "Dive, dive, dive!!!"

Unless, of course, we don't like our QB, then we say, run, run run. Like watching Kitna.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='336346' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:54 PM']stealers forums are saying the game would have been different had Green been there. Said we wouldn't have been able to stop LJ. Odd how another team's starter matters in the outcome but ours doesn't. hehe!! They are so insecure and scared of Cincinnati this year it isn't even funny. We are going to own their asses.
MULLY[/quote]

These is the most ignorant statments made by them, we had LJ held with green in the game for the 1st. He did nothing NOTHING.

I told oft4 that we would hold him to under 100 rushing yards, they dont have the same line they did last year.

Those bitches are gonna be hating week 3.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='336346' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:54 PM']stealers forums are saying the game would have been different had Green been there. Said we wouldn't have been able to stop LJ. Odd how another team's starter matters in the outcome but ours doesn't. hehe!! They are so insecure and scared of Cincinnati this year it isn't even funny. We are going to own their asses.
MULLY[/quote]

Id expect that from Steeler fans being the whiney bitch asses they are..
Seriously, Willie Roaf fucked this team up by announcing his retirement After the draft or when ehy might of had a chance at a decent free agent tackle....
I can imagine chief fans hatin on him today..

Archived