The unintentional hit on Trent Green

Bengalino

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='337141' date='Sep 11 2006, 01:54 PM']Time to move on, Trent Green will play again this year and everything will be ok. Football is a rough sport, Green slid late, and Geathers hit him with his shoulder, end of story...[/quote]

Agreed. Time to talk about the Turds.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='337138' date='Sep 11 2006, 12:46 PM']they already have mad pages on their site about it! saying we played dirty and shit, blah blah blah![/quote]

Hmm, that's what they said about us back in '88, ...hmm B) :D

This is for all of you numbnuts in the audience.

[img]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/164/img0281wo4.jpg[/img]
[size=4]Here you can see the obvious contact.[/size]

[img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2662/img0289um9.jpg[/img]
[size=4]and here you can see the obvious push.[/size]

[quote name='ravonaf' post='337154' date='Sep 11 2006, 02:07 PM']This is for all of you numbnuts in the audience.

[size=4]and here you can see the obvious push.[/size][/quote]

Good angle.

This should erase all doubt.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='SportsFan' post='336992' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:53 AM']So you're saying, you should go for the knees? Is that what you're saying? If Green stays up right Geathers hits him at his knees. And yes an NFL defensive end needs to go at a QBs knees, because we all know that ,QB, such asTrent Green, would have steamrolled him if RG went at the waist or chest. And as for you needing to resort to name calling...I have no problem with that, it just shows what an intellect you are. Oh, and if you have problems with any of the big words I'm sure we can all pitch in and help you out. After all we want to help out our own.

Looking forward to dessert this week..it's Brownie Sunday...served up by our Bengals!![/quote]

going for the knees is the best possible (and legal ;) ) way to tackle... follow the belt buckle and then take out the only thing holding them in the air (their legs)

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ravonaf' post='337154' date='Sep 11 2006, 02:07 PM']This is for all of you numbnuts in the audience.

[size=4]and here you can see the obvious push.[/size][/quote]

best proof i've seen yet... excellent post :thumbsup:

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337066' date='Sep 11 2006, 06:05 PM']Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm a whining KC fuckwit attempting to pretend I'm a fan of the Bengals. To accomplish this I've belittled, berated and generally whined about a team I'm supposidly a fan of. To further my excellent piece of deception I've taken the piss out of this board I thought highly enough of to join, and the posters contained therein.

In lieu of a valid argument under the weight of video evidence contradictory to my stance I have resorted to using the word fuck a lot, to try and underscore my mental faculties.

I shall now jump of a bridge.[/quote]

Corrected it for you.

Guest SportsFan

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='337101' date='Sep 11 2006, 12:21 PM']:D[/quote]

Ahhh. My work here is done. And as for saying you should ban someone for bagging on other fans of the team. Most of you would be gone. Some of you guys rip the shit out of each other. To me that is the amazing thing. At least for a while, you had a common target...me. Whether Geathers gets fined or not, your concern and I know the coaches concern is, "will he ease off the next time knowing what he did to Trent?" If there is any doubt in his mind at all, he will be exploited the next time. For cheapshot players they never worry about it because it is what the intended. For decent players like Geathers, you have to wonder, the next time will he pull up or go full tilt at the QB in a similar situation. At that rate of speed if he trys to pull up he could hurt himself by trying to make his body make a sudden stop or turn. Geathers hit, (unassited, sorry Kennison doesn't get an assist on this one), may have caused Trent's head to slam the turf, but is Geather's head intact after seeing what his hit caused?

Believe it or not I'm in the Bengals corner and do hope we meet again this season. It won't happen. We've lost both are tackles from last season. You don't replace Willie Roaf. Our starting left tackle is two years removed from football and is now undersized to boot. Until yesterday Huard had only thrown one pass in the last five years. Not exactly hands you want to place the offensive into. As easy as it was for LJ last year, this year we'll see his heart tested. Last year he had 5 yards bascially before he was even touched, not so much this year. I feel a turn in the Chiefs fortunes. We either have a great offense or a great defense in the past. This year we may have neither.So, who is the top college QB coming out this year. Looks like we need to get him.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337268' date='Sep 11 2006, 03:38 PM']Ahhh. My work here is done. And as for saying you should ban someone for bagging on other fans of the team. Most of you would be gone. Some of you guys rip the shit out of each other. To me that is the amazing thing. At least for a while, you had a common target...me. Whether Geathers gets fined or not, your concern and I know the coaches concern is, "will he ease off the next time knowing what he did to Trent?" If there is any doubt in his mind at all, he will be exploited the next time. For cheapshot players they never worry about it because it is what the intended. For decent players like Geathers, you have to wonder, the next time will he pull up or go full tilt at the QB in a similar situation. At that rate of speed if he trys to pull up he could hurt himself by trying to make his body make a sudden stop or turn. Geathers hit, (unassited, sorry Kennison doesn't get an assist on this one), may have caused Trent's head to slam the turf, but is Geather's head intact after seeing what his hit caused?

Believe it or not I'm in the Bengals corner and do hope we meet again this season. It won't happen. We've lost both are tackles from last season. You don't replace Willie Roaf. Our starting left tackle is two years removed from football and is now undersized to boot. Until yesterday Huard had only thrown one pass in the last five years. Not exactly hands you want to place the offensive into. As easy as it was for LJ last year, this year we'll see his heart tested. Last year he had 5 yards bascially before he was even touched, not so much this year. I feel a turn in the Chiefs fortunes. We either have a great offense or a great defense in the past. This year we may have neither.So, who is the top college QB coming out this year. Looks like we need to get him.[/quote]

you can forget about that (getting the top pick). your team is better than that and will win too many games. i expect a .500 season. no way you're among the league's worst.

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='bengaled' post='337480' date='Sep 11 2006, 06:43 PM']you can forget about that (getting the top pick). your team is better than that and will win too many games. i expect a .500 season. no way you're among the league's worst.[/quote]

Well, Trent is still in the hospital and their are optimistic he can go home tomorrow or Wednesday. And here in Kansas City the word from Arrowhead is that Trent will miss 3-4 games. So, we just had week one and then include the bye and tact on the 3-4 games missed, that puts his return at 5 or 6 of the season. That's a lot of football to miss you starting QB, who happens to be the only QB to throw for 4,000 the past three seasons. Plus, until Sunday, our back up Huard hadn't completed a pass since the 2000 NFL season.

Regarding the hit heard something interesting. Was the play a late hit or a fumble? The refs said it wasn't a fumble because Green was offically down when he started his slide. NFL rule is when a QB "starts" his slide he is offically down at that point and the play is over. So, based on that, then it was a late hit. But they also ruled that it wasn't a late hit and was a clean football play. So, by that ruling, it should have been a fumble, because the hit knocked the ball loose not the ground. Doesn't it have to be one or the other?

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337490' date='Sep 11 2006, 08:07 PM']...Regarding the hit heard something interesting. Was the play a late hit or a fumble? The refs said it wasn't a fumble because Green was offically down when he started his slide. NFL rule is when a QB "starts" his slide he is offically down at that point and the play is over. So, based on that, then it was a late hit. But they also ruled that it wasn't a late hit and was a clean football play. So, by that ruling, it should have been a fumble, because the hit knocked the ball loose not the ground. Doesn't it have to be one or the other?[/quote]
You are looking at blacks and whites, but not weighing in the other variables. Yes, by the time Geathers hit Green, Green was in mid-slide, which means he was down. However, Geathers was already in mid-dive when Green started the slide. Plus, there was the contact by Kennison. Whether or not the contact by Kennison had any impact on the hit, it happened. And when you are seeing things live and in full speed, as the refs did, they ruled that Geathers was hit into Green and that Geathers was in mid-tackle. This is even part of the new "Carson Palmer" rule. It says something to the effect of the defensive guy being hit or blocked by the offense.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337490' date='Sep 11 2006, 08:07 PM']Regarding the hit heard something interesting. Was the play a late hit or a fumble? The refs said it wasn't a fumble because Green was offically down when he started his slide. NFL rule is when a QB "starts" his slide he is offically down at that point and the play is over. So, based on that, then it was a late hit. But they also ruled that it wasn't a late hit and was a clean football play. So, by that ruling, it should have been a fumble, because the hit knocked the ball loose not the ground. Doesn't it have to be one or the other?[/quote]

Hey fucktard. Maybe if you actually took the time to watch the play you would have saw that Trent's back was on the ground when the ball popped out. They have this new device called a DVR. Now fucktards like you can't make shit up. The world can see it over and over any time they want. I've watched the play many times. It's prefectly clear when the ball came out. And it wasn't because of the slide that he was down. If your back is on the ground you are down.

This is the exact order it went down.

Trent started his slide at the exact same time Geathers was being pushed in the back.
Geathers hit Trent as he was sliding
Trent hit the ground.
The ball popped out.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337490' date='Sep 11 2006, 06:07 PM']Well, Trent is still in the hospital and their are optimistic he can go home tomorrow or Wednesday. And here in Kansas City the word from Arrowhead is that Trent will miss 3-4 games. So, we just had week one and then include the bye and tact on the 3-4 games missed, that puts his return at 5 or 6 of the season. That's a lot of football to miss you starting QB, who happens to be the only QB to throw for 4,000 the past three seasons. Plus, until Sunday, our back up Huard hadn't completed a pass since the 2000 NFL season.

Regarding the hit heard something interesting. Was the play a late hit or a fumble? The refs said it wasn't a fumble because Green was offically down when he started his slide. NFL rule is when a QB "starts" his slide he is offically down at that point and the play is over. So, based on that, then it was a late hit. But they also ruled that it wasn't a late hit and was a clean football play. So, by that ruling, it should have been a fumble, because the hit knocked the ball loose not the ground. Doesn't it have to be one or the other?[/quote]
At least you quit pretending to be a Bengals fan, you worthless troll. Why didn't you just come up in here as a pissed off Chiefs fan to begin with?
I know it doesn't mean much, if anything, but you have lost any and all respect I may have had for you.
You're a fucking dickhead, dude.
Now, not only do you have your season in jeapordy because we knocked your QB into tomorrow (legally), you have to deal with the fact that you're also a misrepresenting piece of hypocritical shit that can't own up to facts.
Fuck you and go away, asshole.
No explanation is needed anymore, you're just a castoff jagoff that can't admit to his allegiances unless shown to be a troll. You're a penis and I hope your team goes 0-16, you fucking asshole.
Nothing like a hypocrite to get the Bung's blood boiling.
Season ticket holder my ass.

Guest Coy Bacon
Two things happen when defenses are playing well, they hurt people, and they hit people on the ground and get away with it. Good defenses are always flying around hitting people, they don't flinch or hesitate when they tackle. They get their shots off early and target their guy because they mean to lay it to his ass. The refs see them fire out early and don't throw the flag even though the outcome looks questionable. When a team is clicking, there's always a little ugliness in the picture. It's a case of better thee than me.

Sorry 'bout your luck, KCM, and I pray for a speedy recovery for your boy. Remember, he set himself up a bit, because he tried to milk that run for all he could get. He found himself between an aggressive defense and an errant block and got creamed. Bet he won't do that shit again.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='337533' date='Sep 11 2006, 09:09 PM']Two things happens when defenses are playing well, they hurt people, and they hit people on the ground and get away with it. Good defenses are always flying around hitting people, they don't flinch or hesitate when they tackle. They get their shots off early and target their guy because they mean to lay it to his ass. The refs see them fire out early and don't throw the flag even though the outcome looks questionable. When a team is clicking, there's always a little ugliness in the picture. It's a case of better thee than me.

Sorry 'bout your luck, KCM, and I pray for a speedy recovery for your boy. Remember, he set himself up a bit, because he tried to milk that run for all he could get. He found himself between an aggressive defense and an errant block and got creamed. Bet he won't do that shit again.[/quote]
:thumbsup:
I think Mr. Bacon just said all there is to say. This thread should rest now.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337268' date='Sep 11 2006, 03:38 PM']Ahhh. My work here is done. And as for saying you should ban someone for bagging on other fans of the team. Most of you would be gone. Some of you guys rip the shit out of each other. To me that is the amazing thing. At least for a while, you had a common target...me. Whether Geathers gets fined or not, your concern and I know the coaches concern is, "will he ease off the next time knowing what he did to Trent?" If there is any doubt in his mind at all, he will be exploited the next time. For cheapshot players they never worry about it because it is what the intended. For decent players like Geathers, you have to wonder, the next time will he pull up or go full tilt at the QB in a similar situation. At that rate of speed if he trys to pull up he could hurt himself by trying to make his body make a sudden stop or turn. Geathers hit, (unassited, sorry Kennison doesn't get an assist on this one), may have caused Trent's head to slam the turf, but is Geather's head intact after seeing what his hit caused?

Believe it or not I'm in the Bengals corner and do hope we meet again this season. It won't happen. We've lost both are tackles from last season. You don't replace Willie Roaf. Our starting left tackle is two years removed from football and is now undersized to boot. Until yesterday Huard had only thrown one pass in the last five years. Not exactly hands you want to place the offensive into. As easy as it was for LJ last year, this year we'll see his heart tested. Last year he had 5 yards bascially before he was even touched, not so much this year. I feel a turn in the Chiefs fortunes. We either have a great offense or a great defense in the past. This year we may have neither.So, who is the top college QB coming out this year. Looks like we need to get him.[/quote]

So he was a Chiefs fan, then lied about it.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

What an idiot.

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='Bunghole' post='337526' date='Sep 11 2006, 07:57 PM']At least you quit pretending to be a Bengals fan, you worthless troll. Why didn't you just come up in here as a pissed off Chiefs fan to begin with?
I know it doesn't mean much, if anything, but you have lost any and all respect I may have had for you.
You're a fucking dickhead, dude.
Now, not only do you have your season in jeapordy because we knocked your QB into tomorrow (legally), you have to deal with the fact that you're also a misrepresenting piece of hypocritical shit that can't own up to facts.
Fuck you and go away, asshole.
No explanation is needed anymore, you're just a castoff jagoff that can't admit to his allegiances unless shown to be a troll. You're a penis and I hope your team goes 0-16, you fucking asshole.
Nothing like a hypocrite to get the Bung's blood boiling.
Season ticket holder my ass.[/quote]

What an amazing intelligent [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img] response. I have no doubt you have an outstanding job some place where you have your name on your shirt, (so you don't forget it I'm sure). But I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the name you give yourself here. [b]Bunghole[/b]. I'd say you nailed the self description there. Webster's dictionary says it so well: [b]Bung - the cecum or anus especially of a slaughtered animal."[/b] and [b]Hole - an area where something is missing ([u]I can see that is the case here[/u]); a serious discrepancy,([u]yep you qualify[/u]); a hollowed-out place, ([u]that being your head[/u]); a wretched or dreary place, ([u]description of any place where you are present[/u]); a prison cell, ([u]this may explain why you keep saying “fuck you” to me. Miss your roomie do ya?); [/u] an awkward position or circumstance, ([u]another prison reference for you no doubt[/u]); position of owing or losing money, ([u]your job requires you to say “would you like fries with that sir?” a lot doesn’t it);[/u] having a score below zero, ([u]your IQ no doubt[/u]); at a disadvantage, ([u]rode the short yellow bus to school didn’t you?[/u]).[/b]

I have to admit I was ready to move on. Nothing said here changes a thing. You won, we lost. If the league fines Geathers we can't change that, (I'm betting his teammates have his back and any fine he gets the players and team pays and he isn't out a dime and good for them if they rightfully do so, if he is fined). If he doesn't get fined and Trent comes back next week or never. Not a single thing I can do about it. So, I had some fun and was ready to move on. Butt, Bunghole, er, uh, sorry one to many "T"s there...wait,no, I got it right. Butt Bunghole your kind words to me have me wanting to stick around for your intellectually stimulating diatribes. Your mother and I are so proud of you. You're putting words into complete sentences and even paragraphs. Why just the other day she said she was thinking about getting you a book with no pictures in it!! Can you imagine that?!?! No, I may have to stick around to check in on you to see what kind of progress you are making.

Good luck Bengal fans, (Bung, that means hope you guys have a successful season. Who am I kidding? Without pictures and single syllable words, you won't understand. If anyone lives near Bung, please explain it to him.) You're a strong team and the question mark of Palmer has been answered. You guys should protect the home field and go 8-0 at there and if you just go .500 on the road, then you're minimum 12-4. Us Chiefs...not so much, but you never know. Stranger things have happened in this league.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337689' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:38 PM']What an amazing intelligent [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] response. I have no doubt you have an outstanding job some place where you have your name on your shirt, (so you don't forget it I'm sure). But I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the name you give yourself here. [b]Bunghole[/b]. I'd say you nailed the self description there. Webster's dictionary says it so well: [b]Bung - the cecum or anus especially of a slaughtered animal."[/b] and [b]Hole - an area where something is missing ([u]I can see that is the case here[/u]); a serious discrepancy,([u]yep you qualify[/u]); a hollowed-out place, ([u]that being your head[/u]); a wretched or dreary place, ([u]description of any place where you are present[/u]); a prison cell, ([u]this may explain why you keep saying “fuck you” to me. Miss your roomie do ya?); [/u] an awkward position or circumstance, ([u]another prison reference for you no doubt[/u]); position of owing or losing money, ([u]your job requires you to say “would you like fries with that sir?” a lot doesn’t it);[/u] having a score below zero, ([u]your IQ no doubt[/u]); at a disadvantage, ([u]rode the short yellow bus to school didn’t you?[/u]).[/b]

I have to admit I was ready to move on. Nothing said here changes a thing. You won, we lost. If the league fines Geathers we can't change that, (I'm betting his teammates have his back and any fine he gets the players and team pays and he isn't out a dime and good for them if they rightfully do so, if he is fined). If he doesn't get fined and Trent comes back next week or never. Not a single thing I can do about it. So, I had some fun and was ready to move on. Butt, Bunghole, er, uh, sorry one to many "T"s there...wait,no, I got it right. Butt Bunghole your kind words to me have me wanting to stick around for your intellectually stimulating diatribes. Your mother and I are so proud of you. You're putting words into complete sentences and even paragraphs. Why just the other day she said she was thinking about getting you a book with no pictures in it!! Can you imagine that?!?! No, I may have to stick around to check in on you to see what kind of progress you are making.

Good luck Bengal fans, (Bung, that means hope you guys have a successful season. Who am I kidding? Without pictures and single syllable words, you won't understand. If anyone lives near Bung, please explain it to him.) You're a strong team and the question mark of Palmer has been answered. You guys should protect the home field and go 8-0 at there and if you just go .500 on the road, then you're minimum 12-4. Us Chiefs...not so much, but you never know. Stranger things have happened in this league.[/quote]

Ahem, allow me to give you a well thought out and intellegent response then.

[b][size=4]Liar Liar Pants on Fire [/size][/b]

:wave:

Guest SportsFan

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='337696' date='Sep 11 2006, 10:45 PM']Ahem, allow me to give you a well thought out and intellegent response then.
[b][size=4]Liar Liar Pants on Fire [/size][/b]
:wave:[/quote]

To that I must say [b]touche[/b]

Bung: that means he got me good.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='336992' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:53 AM']So you're saying, you should go for the knees? Is that what you're saying? If Green stays up right Geathers hits him at his knees. And yes an NFL defensive end needs to go at a QBs knees, because we all know that ,QB, such asTrent Green, would have steamrolled him if RG went at the waist or chest. And as for you needing to resort to name calling...I have no problem with that, it just shows what an intellect you are. Oh, and if you have problems with any of the big words I'm sure we can all pitch in and help you out. After all we want to help out our own.

Looking forward to dessert this week..it's Brownie Sunday...served up by our Bengals!![/quote]

no, he would ahve tackled him about waist high, because if TRENT kept running full speed, he would ahve met geathers much sooner than if he goes into a baseball slide. hell it could even be argued that trent looked like he was going to cut back since he hasdnt slid by then. there was nothing dirty or shady about the hit. at all.

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='GoBengals' post='337715' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:26 PM']no, he would ahve tackled him about waist high, because if TRENT kept running full speed, he would ahve met geathers much sooner than if he goes into a baseball slide. hell it could even be argued that trent looked like he was going to cut back since he hasdnt slid by then. there was nothing dirty or shady about the hit. at all.[/quote]'

Um, friend, dead horse, I think everyone has moved on. Trent got leveled and they are saying he will miss 3-4 games, not weeks, but games, (he's still in the hospital and they hope he can go home Tuesday or Wednesday).

Bung: that means we are all in agreement that it was a football play and it is not a topic any more.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337720' date='Sep 12 2006, 12:33 AM']'

Um, friend, dead horse, I think everyone has moved on. Trent got leveled and they are saying he will miss 3-4 games, not weeks, but games, (he's still in the hospital and they hope he can go home Tuesday or Wednesday).

Bung: that means we are all in agreement that it was a football play and it is not a topic any more.[/quote]

then why are you still here?

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337720' date='Sep 12 2006, 01:33 PM']'

Um, friend, dead horse, I think everyone has moved on. Trent got leveled and they are saying he will miss 3-4 games, not weeks, but games, (he's still in the hospital and they hope he can go home Tuesday or Wednesday).[/quote]

Let me see here. 1 game per week, he'll probably miss 3 or 4 games so that makes me think that he'll miss 3 or 4 weeks too....unless he's going to play some games in mid-week.
MULLY

Archived