Big Series Starting tonight vs Padres

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='339522' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:58 PM']if there was an emitcon of a smiley sucking a cock i would post 1000 of them for how the reds played tonight...[/quote]

Won't disagree with you there...

But if they can take this one today and sweep the Cubs over the weekend they still got a decent shot at the postseason.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='339835' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:57 AM']I think it's over now. the team simply isn't playing with heart. how do you not get any runs against San Diego's pitching?[/quote]

[quote]Peavy (9-14) is 4-0 in six career starts against Cincinnati. In his only previous start against the Reds this year, he pitched a two-hitter in the Padres' 7-1 victory Sept. 2 in San Diego.[/quote]

I also saw on ESPNEWS this morning on the highlights of the game last night (which were more like low-lights) that Peavy has a 1.90 ERA career against the Reds as well. Basically the guy just owns the Reds, so from that standpoint they didn't stand much of a chance last night. :thumbsdown:

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='339864' date='Sep 14 2006, 08:30 AM']I also saw on ESPNEWS this morning on the highlights of the game last night (which were more like low-lights) that Peavy has a 1.90 ERA career against the Reds as well. Basically the guy just owns the Reds, so from that standpoint they didn't stand much of a chance last night. :thumbsdown:[/quote]
I hate it when a lousy pitcher owns the reds. With our lineup we should get hits against ANY pitcher....at least score a couple runs!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='339869' date='Sep 14 2006, 10:34 AM']I hate it when a lousy pitcher owns the reds. With our lineup we should get hits against ANY pitcher....at least score a couple runs![/quote]

I agree...they have enough offense to score against anyone, but for some reason there are pitchers that they look terrible against. I think Maddux, Peavy, and Oswalt are just a few that come to mind on owning the Reds.

Speaking of Oswalt he's scheduled to start Monday against the Reds [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] but hopefully they'll have a 4 game winning streak going into that game.

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='339880' date='Sep 14 2006, 08:47 AM']I agree...they have enough offense to score against anyone, but for some reason there are pitchers that they look terrible against. I think Maddux, Peavy, and Oswalt are just a few that come to mind on owning the Reds.

Speaking of Oswalt he's scheduled to start Monday against the Reds [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] but hopefully they'll have a 4 game winning streak going into that game.[/quote]
But that's just it...Oswalt is a FANTASTIC pitcher and Maddux is a future Hall Of Famer....Peavy is neither.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='339889' date='Sep 14 2006, 10:55 AM']But that's just it...Oswalt is a FANTASTIC pitcher and Maddux is a future Hall Of Famer....Peavy is neither.[/quote]

[quote]Peavy improved to 4-0 with a 1.89 ERA in five career starts against the Reds, whose only real opportunity Wednesday was a bases-loaded rally with one out in the second. It ended when Dewayne Wise grounded into an inning-ending double play.

"I keep looking at his record and can't believe what it is," Narron said of Peavy. "He's one of the better pitchers. Stuff-wise, he's one of the better guys in baseball."[/quote]

Record and ERA wise this year he's been average at best and he probably won't be a future hall of famer, but tell that to Jerry Narron.

:wacko:

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='339895' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:01 AM']Record and ERA wise this year he's been average at best and he probably won't be a future hall of famer, but tell that to Jerry Narron.

:wacko:[/quote]
I think we should bring back Bob Boone as "lineup coordinator" for the reds so he and Narron can have LaRue batting in the leadoff spot with Dunner in the 9-hole.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='339900' date='Sep 14 2006, 11:04 AM']I think we should bring back Bob Boone as "lineup coordinator" for the reds so he and Narron can have LaRue batting in the leadoff spot with Dunner in the 9-hole.[/quote]

:lol:

and while they are at it they could put the pitcher (whomever it may be) in the cleanup spot :crazy:

today's game is now underway...and to the surprise of no one the Reds get the bases loaded in the 1st inning with one out and Eddie E grounds into a DP. :rant: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

This seems to be a recurring theme and it's getting ridiculous :blink:

Bunghole you obviously dont pay attention to baseball if you dont think peavy is a good pitcher...

He was 28-13 with around a 2.5 era the two years before this, and even this year his era is 4.17 which isnt awful, with a shit load of Ks...hes having an average year but he was a great pitcher the last two years

Guest oldschooler

That`s just fucking great !

EE groundsi nto the double play in the first with the bases loaded and 1 out.

Dun strikes out with runners on 1st and 3rd and 2 out.
The very next inning Harang gives up 4 runs !

Now watch them score 3 runs and lose 4-3. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img]

This team frustrates the shit out of me !

As I was typing this, EE walks, Hollandsworth Doubles, runners on 2nd and 3rd with No outs...:mellow:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='340079' date='Sep 14 2006, 02:26 PM']This team frustrates the shit out of me !
As I was typing this, EE walks, Hollandsworth Doubles, runners on 2nd and 3rd with No outs...:mellow:[/quote]

I can't understand this team at times...it's beyond frustrating.

Holy shit, LaRue with an RBI it's now 4-2 SD. :o

Archived