Reds 05 Rotation...

~mroby30~

the Reds 2005 pitching rotation actually isn't looking so bad for a change. Here is what i expect it to be like,

1- Wilson
2- Milton
3- Ortiz
4- Hudson
5- Harang

I know this isn't the best, but it certainly isn't the worst either, and thats what we've grown accustomed to over the years.
+ this team could be offensive powerhouse if it stayed healthy.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' date='Jan 11 2005, 10:43 PM']i really think this team will make the playoffs and be a serious ws contender go ahead and laugh at me but i think it will happen this year
[right][post="34916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't resist. I really hope you're right, but I really, really doubt it.

[quote name='sean' date='Jan 12 2005, 04:19 PM']They have a real shot this year.
The rotation will probably be in this order.

Milton
Wilson
ortiz
harang
hudson

[b]Can you believe Kearns will be coming off of the bench.[/b]
[right][post="35142"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No, I can't. If he is healthy, he is the best all around player we have at ANY position.

[quote name='Jason' date='Jan 12 2005, 05:40 PM']No, I can't.  If he is healthy, he is the best all around player we have at ANY position.
[right][post="35170"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree. But rumor has it he will be the one left out.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jason' date='Jan 12 2005, 05:40 PM']No, I can't.  If he is healthy, he is the best all around player we have at ANY position.
[right][post="35170"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Who do you bench then?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jan 13 2005, 03:13 AM']Who do you bench then?
[right][post="35298"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Willy. But only until Junior or Kearns gets hurt. But even if they all stay healthy, he will get his share of PT.

Or trade Willy for a pitcher. Nothing against Willy, I just think Kearns is a better player.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='sean' date='Jan 12 2005, 11:44 PM']I agree. But rumor has it he will be the one left out.
[right][post="35267"][/post][/right][/quote]

that is, until pena breaks the century mark in strike outs, but the all star break... :)

i hope he got over that problem... our team could break a record in strikeouts, if pena and dunn play all year... our offense could be extremely scary if they both get it half way together though...

my rotation, no surprise:
milton
wilson
ortiz
hudson
clausson/harrang (not sure which yet)

how about this lineup though:

jimenez (only weakness) freel will be in this spot often though
lopez/jimenez (lopez if freel is out)
casey
griffey
dunn
pena/kearns
randa
larue

i think thats the right thing to do though, there is no way you can bench wily mo, he has sooooo much talent, i think he's going to be a star in the league for a long time, and no benching dunn or griffey when they're healthy, i still think their best bet is moving kearns to third base until griffey gets hurt.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 17 2005, 02:30 AM']i think thats the right thing to do though, there is no way you can bench wily mo, he has sooooo much talent, i think he's going to be a star in the league for a long time, and no benching dunn or griffey when they're healthy, i still think their best bet is moving kearns to third base until griffey gets hurt.
[right][post="36301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i agree... the upside to wily mo is unbelievable... i like the move to third for kearns, but now, we may not see enough of him... injuries happen though, so thats a good problem to have... our main problem this year: defense... ss, second are now huge gaps at our traditionally "defensive positions"... hopefully, we'll be ok though... our offense will make up for pitching and defense to a point though

[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 17 2005, 02:30 AM']i think thats the right thing to do though, there is no way you can bench wily mo, he has sooooo much talent, i think he's going to be a star in the league for a long time, and no benching dunn or griffey when they're healthy, i still think their best bet is moving kearns to third base until griffey gets hurt.
[right][post="36301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Randa is our starting 3rd baseman. Everything I hear tells me Kearns is not make the transition very well. That's why the got Randa.

Yea, i didn't hear about how the transition went, i know as far as offensive numbers are concerned if kearns could be decent defensively at 3rd, he would be more valuable. I still don't know why they didn't at least try to talk to aaron boone about coming back, he's a very solid 3rd baseman, that couldve even played SS, or 2B, and wanted to be back, but who knows.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jan 13 2005, 10:57 AM']that is, until pena breaks the century mark in strike outs, but the all star break... :)

i hope he got over that problem... our team could break a record in strikeouts, if pena and dunn play all year... our offense could be extremely scary if they both get it half way together though...

my rotation, no surprise:
milton
wilson
ortiz
hudson
clausson/harrang (not sure which yet)

how about this lineup though:

jimenez (only weakness) freel will be in this spot often though
lopez/jimenez (lopez if freel is out)
casey
griffey
dunn
pena/kearns
randa
larue
[right][post="35351"][/post][/right][/quote]

Harang had 10 wins last year and was poised to be our #1 starter if we didin't make good moves (which is par for the course). Why do people have him fighting for a starting role? He should be our 3rd or 4th starter depending on how good Ortiz actually is. Claussen will not start. He blew last year. The undertones in interviews suggest that he will be in the bullpen. The last starting spot will be between Hancock and Hudson. I was apathetic towards this yaer. After these moves, I'm excited about this year. We have a legitimate shot in the division.

I hope Hancock, Hudson and Harang all crackthe rotation, because then we could call them...
"Triple H!"
Seriously, that Hancock kid looked real fine at the end of last season. Hudson looked really good too, and Harang is solid.
We're almost loaded with quality pitching! when's the last time you could say that about the Reds? 1990?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CJ4MVP85' date='Jan 20 2005, 04:38 PM']i thought Kearns was gonna try and play 3rd this spring training?
[right][post="37332"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

it wasn't a successful tryout... i feel he can do it though...

[quote]We're almost loaded with quality pitching! when's the last time you could say that about the Reds? 1990?[/quote]

1992. Team ERA, 3.46, 1060 Ks, 470 BBs1362 hits in 1450 IP, 55 saves. 4 pitchers with 10+ wins, 2 with 25+ saves.

Although our 1990 staff was pretty good.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Kearns needs to do an A-Rod, Wily Mo is the next Sammy Sosa without the steriods and corked bats. When Griffey gets hurt in June Kearns will go back to the outfield. If Dunn learns how to not lead the league in strikeouts then he might go to the all-star game as a player this year. The Reds don't have the starting pitching this year to go to the playoffs.

Last year the Red Sox broke thier curse, this year it's the Cubs turn. Baseball needs this in a major way, it could easily over take basketball in popularity, thanks to Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant.

Archived