Tough Defenses dominate early Rankings

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/09/20/rankings.week2.part1/index.html?section=si_nfl"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...?section=si_nfl[/url]

NFL Power Rankings
Rank LW Team
1 5 Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0)
Well, first of all, they beat the defending champ. Secondly, I might be getting a little giddy about only one game, but here's what captured me: The Jags never pulled in their horns. They never stopped coming, either offensively or defensively. Bold football. Attack on both sides of the ball, never mind what the percentages say. Yeah! With Indy coming up, in the Dome, this lofty status might last only one week, but let 'em enjoy it while they can.
2 2 Baltimore Ravens (2-0)
They're not happy about their big win over Oakland because they failed so often in the red zone. Their motto now is, "Keep Stover off the field." (He's the kicker, for those of you who need things spelled out.) So why are they still at No. 2? Because they were last week and you don't drop a team way down after a handy victory.
3 4 Indianapolis Colts (2-0)
Now it gets dicey. Any number of worthy candidates could fill this spot: Chargers, Falcons, Bengals, Browns (no, strike that ... Linda, are you messing with me again?), Bears and so forth. But I'm going with the high-flying Indies because I have a feeling they're gonna be up here for a while.
4 7 Atlanta Falcons (2-0)
An old-fashioned college option attack, good for 306 yards rushing, and yes, I'm a sucker for the ground offensives. Reminds me of a dream I had a few years back that they came out in a single-wing, with Vick at tailback, and I actually called Dan Reeves about it, but ... ah, you've heard that story already.
[b]5 6 Cincinnati Bengals (2-0)
I picked them to beat pissburgh. They're all banged up. So why didn't I change my pick? It's the wounded-animal syndrome. Unless it's your QB who's down, injuries often induce a snarling nastiness in those who are left to carry on. [/b]

I know it's still early but if we continue with what our defense has been doing....then top 5 or 10 and #1 offense would equal a Super Bowl Ring.

WHO DEY!!!!

[quote]5 6 Cincinnati Bengals (2-0)
I picked them to beat pissburgh. They're all banged up. So why didn't I change my pick? It's the wounded-animal syndrome. Unless it's your QB who's down, injuries often induce a snarling nastiness in those who are left to carry on.[/quote]

Even more proof that Marvin is raising a pack of wolves....:headbang: :headbang:

Archived