Should Barry Larkin come back?

Sofa_King_Cool

I know that there is some emotional attachment to Larkin, and he was the best short stop the Reds had since the days of Concepcion.

But you have to wonder is he hurting the team by taking up a roster spot when he only plays every third game a year?

Looking back on it, since Larkin refused to move to third when Pokey Reese was here, maybe they should have traded him to the Mets 5 years ago.

good question... i like larkin, but i hated him during the season, he ruined a few clutch games for us early in the year... but i think the last interview he said he would consider moving to third.... but i like castro's fielding skills, who is going to play shortstop?

If they put Kearns at third, that won't leave any space left for Larkin, because Freel will the utility infielder.

As far as a who will play short what about D'Angelo Jimenez?

good question... i like larkin, but i hated him during the season, he ruined a few clutch games for us early in the year...  but i think the last interview he said he would consider moving to third.... but i like castro's fielding skills,  who is going to play shortstop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i liek freel alot.... he plays hard all the time... and he is quick....i agree if kearns goes to third,.... larkin doesnt have much place left to play... i like that line-up

Casey-1st

Freel-2nd ??? maybe larkin here?

Jimenez-3rd

Kearns-3rd

Larue-C

Dunn -LF (can we trade him for someone? he hits well but its either home run or strike out)

Griffey-CF (atleast for a month or so)

FREEl-RF ???

or is castro thrown in there somwhere?>

we need a pitching overhaul....

1st - Sean Casey

2nd- Juan Castro

SS- D'Angelo Jimenez

3rd- Austin Kearns

C- Jason LaRue

Utility Infielder- Edwin Encarnacion/Barry Larkin

LF - Ken Griffey, Jr.

CF - Wily Mo Pena

RF - Adam Dunn

4th Outfielder - Ryan Freel/

And you are right pitching needs a big overhaul. But I also believe (and have been saying it for awhile) Gullet needs to go.

1st - Sean Casey

2nd- Juan Castro

SS-  D'Angelo Jimenez

3rd- Austin Kearns

C-  Jason LaRue

LF - Ken Griffey, Jr.

CF - Wily Mo Pena

RF - Adam Dunn

4th Outfielder - Ryan Freel/

And you are right pitching needs a big overhaul.  But I also believe (and have been saying it for awhile) Gullet needs to go.

i would like to see freel in the everyday line up.... but i do like that line up.

Guest BengalsOwn

Too bad the Reds aren't bringing larkin back :(

1st - Sean Casey

2nd- Juan Castro

SS-  D'Angelo Jimenez

3rd- Austin Kearns

C-  Jason LaRue

LF - Ken Griffey, Jr.

CF - Wily Mo Pena

RF - Adam Dunn

That'd be a great lineup. Now we just need to buy some good pitchers and we'd be in the hunt.

Archived