Did yesterday remind anyone else of...

Guest mongoloido

Guest mongoloido
It just seems very much like the Stealers game from last year (the October 23rd one), and I feel almost as sick as I did after that game. In both games, the offense stated out looking great, but stalled when it got to the red zone. Two field goal attempts ensued (Shayne missed one of them in the Stealers game). In between, the defense played well, giving hope we could do some damage (but man, those field goals instead of touchdowns just nagged at the brain). After that, the Bengals just kind of stagnated in both games. The other team had more success moving the ball, and went in to halftime with a lead.

The second half of each game showed a bit of promise early on, and then the team just seemed to quit...

I don't know. Did anyone feel we'd seen this last year against the Stealers? Just me?

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='mongoloido' post='357155' date='Oct 2 2006, 08:32 AM']It just seems very much like the Stealers game from last year (the October 23rd one), and I feel almost as sick as I did after that game. In both games, the offense stated out looking great, but stalled when it got to the red zone. Two field goal attempts ensued (Shayne missed one of them in the Stealers game). In between, the defense played well, giving hope we could do some damage (but man, those field goals instead of touchdowns just nagged at the brain). After that, the Bengals just kind of stagnated in both games. The other team had more success moving the ball, and went in to halftime with a lead.

The second half of each game showed a bit of promise early on, and then the team just seemed to quit...

I don't know. Did anyone feel we'd seen this last year against the Stealers? Just me?[/quote]

hahahaha

I was just making this post to another thread, when you made this thread...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='357157' date='Oct 2 2006, 08:37 AM']Wow.

So you`re able to predict 4 more losses just based off of yesterday`s game ?

Step away from the edge.
Yesterday`s game looked A LOT like the Stealers game last year at PBS.
The Stealers rushes for 221 yards and totally dominated the Bengals, after
the Bengals settled for 2 FG`s. Those Bengals only scored 13 points too.

The Bengals ended that game being tied with the Stealers for first place.
They went on to win the division.

These Bengals have 2 weeks to get things right, and get healthier.
I`m not happy about yesterday`s game at all. But this IS a good team.
This isn`t the Bengals of old that fold at the first sign of trouble.
They lost one game. There is stil a lot of football to be played and won...[/quote]

Guest oldschooler
The Bengals gave up 17 points in the 3rd quarter in that Stealers loss.
The score was 7-6 right before that.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051023_PIT@CIN"]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051023_PIT@CIN[/url]

The Bengals gave up 17 points in the 4th quarter yesterday to the Patriots.
The score was 21-13 right before that.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061001_NE@CIN"]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061001_NE@CIN[/url]

I think it was a huge mistake by Marvin to punt when it was 4th and 2 from the Pats 38.
He went for it on 4th and 1 from their own 30 last week. So I don`t understand why he
chose to punt in that situation. That decision was the beginning of the end.

Guest mongoloido
I think the punt was a bit of a mistake too, but after watching those back to back bad pass plays to CJ and TJ... I don't get why we didn't use the running game in that area. I guess hindsight is 20-20, but I thought for sure they'd do a bit of continued pounding after Rudi gouged them for 8 yards.

it seemed to me, when watching the game, that it looked like carson decided not to go for it on 4th and 2 and have the team punt. marvin left him out there, they were lining up, then i thought carson looked confused so he just came to the sidelines... not wanting to risk not making the 4th and 2.

was that just me?

Guest schotzee
For some reason we suck at home to +500 teams.Did anybody see that stat they showed yesterday before the game about us losing to those teams during the Marvin era?

[quote name='schotzee' post='357381' date='Oct 2 2006, 02:43 PM']For some reason we suck at home to +500 teams.Did anybody see that stat they showed yesterday before the game about us losing to those teams during the Marvin era?[/quote]

i saw it. that was a suprising stat imo.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='WhoDey48' post='357375' date='Oct 2 2006, 02:31 PM']it seemed to me, when watching the game, that it looked like carson decided not to go for it on 4th and 2 and have the team punt. marvin left him out there, they were lining up, then i thought carson looked confused so he just came to the sidelines... not wanting to risk not making the 4th and 2.

was that just me?[/quote]

I thought, at the very least, they'd do that lame thing of lining up to try and draw an offsides. What they actually did was baffling.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='schotzee' post='357381' date='Oct 2 2006, 01:43 PM']For some reason we suck at home to +500 teams.Did anybody see that stat they showed yesterday before the game about us losing to those teams during the Marvin era?[/quote]

[quote][size=5][b]Breakdown of CBS stat [/b][/size]

From CBS yesterday....Bengals have now lost six consecutive homer games vs teams with winning records.
From emailer Steven Sharp
The last time that the Bengals recorded a regular-season or postseason home win versus an opponent who entered Paul Brown Stadium with a winning record ...
Monday, October 25, 2004
Bengals 23
Broncos 10
ABC's Monday Night Football
Lost the last six versus teams entering with winning records since that Broncos game:
Patriots,stealers, Colts, stealers, Bills, stealers
[b]They lost those six by an average of 12.6 points per game[/b][/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url]

Archived