if you like to cook

[center][img]http://radio.weblogs.com/0001015/images/2002/03/08/chef.jpg[/img][img]http://www.free-graphics.com/clipart/Entertainment/Dining/Chef_Holding_Tray.jpg[/img][/center]

i love to cook! :D i really enjoy it, and i love to eat. today i made some greek style meat loaf, and it's awsome.

you will need 1lb lean ground beef, or sirloin. i usually get the 92% cause i eat healthy or atleast try.
6oz stovers stuffing mix, fetta cheese, a red bell pepper(dice it), oregano leaves, 1cup water,and a muffin pan.
and preheat the oven to 375 dig.

mix the meat with the stuffing mix, 1tsp oregano leaves, 1cup water, and 1tsp salt. mix in a large bowl and spray the muffin pan with cooking spray then put the seasoned meat in the muffin pan. the best way to cook meat loaf, you'll never look back.[img]http://fancyflours.com/fancyflours/images/items/muffin-pan.jpg[/img] once you finish putting all the seasoned meat in all the slots, take a spoon and make a dent in each meat muffin and add the diced red pepper. then cook in the oven for 30 minutes, take out and top with fetta cheese and cook additional 5 minutes. and thats it, enjoy. you will thank me. for side dishes you could make corn, mashed potatos, asparagus, any vegtable. or even rice. pasta salad with some olive oil and redwine viniger is great also.

but please share some recipes with us if you got some good ones just no pork since im muslim :D

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='359397' date='Oct 5 2006, 09:31 PM']fuck yeah, don't bring your ladies around me cause i would steal them with chocolate and strawberries :lol:[/quote]

:lol: I hear that...my ole lady don't like cheese so it will be interesting when I make it out to your place in the future. ;)

Vegetable Fried Rice

Ingredients - 4 cups of uncooked Jasmine Rice, 1/2 cup of Corn & Peas, 2 cooked eggs, Green Onions, Mini Carrots, Soy Sauce, 3tsp of Oil.

First you will cook the rice and set it to the side to cool off and grab a cutting borad and get your Green Onions & Mini Carrots and slice them into thin pieces and set them to side. Then cook your eggs and chop into small bits and measure out your corn and peas into a bowl. Then you should turn on your Wok and heat it up and add the oil, a minute later add the carrots, peas, corn and onions till they are soft and hot then add the eggs and mix it together. Now take your rice and add it to the wok and then add the soy sauce and stir it all together and turn it off and eat it. It feeds 4 people.

Hey Rumble,

Do you watch 30 Minute Meal with Rachel Ray on the Food Network?
Just last week, she made Meatloaf Muffins, pretty similar except she put Barbecue sauce on top. For side dishes she made Smashed Potatoes and Cream Cheese and green beans. As she would say ... yum-O
Here's the link, [url="http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29712,00.html"]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_29712,00.html[/url]

I bet the meatloaf muffins would be good for tailgating.
Any pictures of your Greek style meat loaf?

Chocolate and strawberries, yummy.
Maybe I should open up that fondue server, we got for xmas last year.

Ok, I usually don't let this one out but if you guys like cheesecake.....

[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5282/cheesecakenj3.jpg[/img]
(cake in photo was made with graham cracker crust)

Ingredients

CRUST:
18-20 Oreo cookies

CHEESECAKE:

Cream Cheese 4 (8oz) packages
Sugar 1 cup
Milk 3/4 cup
Eggs 4
Sour Cream 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
All Purpose Flour 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 350

Ok, you're gonna need a 9 inch springform pan greased. Take your Oreos and remove the cream centers (leave 3 or 4 cream centers in the mix) Grind the cookies up in a mill until they form a powder. You're going to want those 3 or 4 cream centers in there to give it the oil it needs to stay together. Pour the Oreos into the pan and mash them down real good. Make sure it's an even height all around.

Next we move into the cake. In a large mixing bowl mix the cream cheese and sugar until it's smooth. Blend in the milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time just enough to incorporate. Mix in the sour creram, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.

Bake for 45-50 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours.

Advice: Do not use a mixer unless you have one of those multi-speed ones that can go real slow. Using a mixer puts too much air into the mix and will cause it to crack when cooling. Also, you're going to want to leave it in the oven for a few hours so it cools down slowly. Taking it out too soon will also cause cracks. After it cools down toss it into the fridge until you're ready to eat it.

Note: Warm cheesecake is not like warm cookies. It doesn't taste all that good. The flavor comes out when it's cooled in the fridge.

Now, this is a recipe that you have to prepare for. If I make this I usually say to myself "Cheesecake on Sunday" and then make it Saturday night. It's a long wait but trust me, it's worth it. If anyone makes this please let me know what you think. I've often thought about opening my own cheesecake shop and this would be my main attraction.
MULLY

P.S Careful taking the bottom of the pan off of the cake. Those cookies will crack and come apart if you're not careful. I recommend taking the bottom of the pan off before going into the fridge and use something that you can slide in under it so as not to pull the crust off.

Oh yeah, cheesecake tends to stick to the knife when you cut it and it makes a mess all over the top of the cake if you don't clean the blade off each time. A good alternative is to use non-waxed dental floss. Cuts real clean.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='359965' date='Oct 7 2006, 09:33 AM']Ok, I usually don't let this one out but if you guys like cheesecake.....
[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5282/cheesecakenj3.jpg[/img]
(cake in photo was made with graham cracker crust)

Ingredients

CRUST:
18-20 Oreo cookies

CHEESECAKE:

Cream Cheese 4 (8oz) packages
Sugar 1 cup
Milk 3/4 cup
Eggs 4
Sour Cream 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
All Purpose Flour 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 350

Ok, you're gonna need a 9 inch springform pan greased. Take your Oreos and remove the cream centers (leave 3 or 4 cream centers in the mix) Grind the cookies up in a mill until they form a powder. You're going to want those 3 or 4 cream centers in there to give it the oil it needs to stay together. Pour the Oreos into the pan and mash them down real good. Make sure it's an even height all around.

Next we move into the cake. In a large mixing bowl mix the cream cheese and sugar until it's smooth. Blend in the milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time just enough to incorporate. Mix in the sour creram, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.

Bake for 45-50 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours.

Advice: Do not use a mixer unless you have one of those multi-speed ones that can go real slow. Using a mixer puts too much air into the mix and will cause it to crack when cooling. Also, you're going to want to leave it in the oven for a few hours so it cools down slowly. Taking it out too soon will also cause cracks. After it cools down toss it into the fridge until you're ready to eat it.

Note: Warm cheesecake is not like warm cookies. It doesn't taste all that good. The flavor comes out when it's cooled in the fridge.

Now, this is a recipe that you have to prepare for. If I make this I usually say to myself "Cheesecake on Sunday" and then make it Saturday night. It's a long wait but trust me, it's worth it. If anyone makes this please let me know what you think. I've often thought about opening my own cheesecake shop and this would be my main attraction.
MULLY

P.S Careful taking the bottom of the pan off of the cake. Those cookies will crack and come apart if you're not careful. I recommend taking the bottom of the pan off before going into the fridge and use something that you can slide in under it so as not to pull the crust off.

Oh yeah, cheesecake tends to stick to the knife when you cut it and it makes a mess all over the top of the cake if you don't clean the blade off each time. A good alternative is to use non-waxed dental floss. Cuts real clean.[/quote]

MAAAAN...that's the same cheesecake recipe from the back of a Philadelphia cream cheese box!

:ninja:

Just kidding...that looks pretty tasty!

I have developed quite a reputation amongst friends and family as a pretty good cook and most of my recipes are self invented by trial and error, most people try and encourage me to quit my job and open up a restaurant but I know that cooking skills for yourself and a few people is much different than the skill it takes for many people.

Heres my famous meatloaf recipe

[b]1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground round
1 pound ground chuck
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 onion puree'd
2 cloves garlic puree'd
1/2 cup white wine

knead ingredients for 10 minutes then bake covered for 1 hour then uncover and bake another hour[/b]

the beauty of this recipe is that the meatloaf stays moist even after refrigerating the leftovers . My moms recipe you would almost choke to death the next day trying to eat the leftovers

[quote name='IKOTA' post='360098' date='Oct 8 2006, 05:25 AM']MAAAAN...that's the same cheesecake recipe from the back of a Philadelphia cream cheese box!
:ninja:

Just kidding...that looks pretty tasty![/quote]

All kidding aside, I've tried the recipe on the back of the box. It doesn't touch mine.
MULLY

Shredded Pork BBQ

3 pound pork sirloin roast and put in crock pot on high for 5 hours, add pepper and "char crust" hickory seasoning packet while cooking. after its cooked drain most of the juice, shred with forks then add 2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce (used sweet baby ray's last time) and one bottle of beer preferably a dark variety (used michelob amber bock) and cook on low for 2 more hours.

don't have to worry bout leftovers cause there won't be any

Jason's Jammin Jambalaya

3 strips of bacon
half pound of pre-cooked link sausage (andouille or other cajun is recommended, Bob Evans smoked sausage isn't bad, [b]DO NOT[/b], under [b]ANY[/b] circumstances use Itallian sausage)
half pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
half pound of other meat of your choice (I usually use crawfish if available, and shrimp if it's not)
1 and a quarter cups white, not instant rice
1 medium white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 clove of garlic
white pepper
black pepper
cayenne pepper (dry)
Cayenne pepper sauce
salt
paprika
2 bay leaves

A large frying pan

Fry the bacon over medium heat until done. remove the bacon, and break up into bite size pieces. Drain half of the bacon grease (more if you want it lower fat). Fry the chicken breast in the bacon grease. When the chicken is done, remove from the pan, and cut into bite size pieces. Cut the sausage into bite size pieces, and sautee for a few minutes in the bacon grase. Remove the sausage.

Dice the onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Sautee in the bacon grease for a few minutes. Add the pieces of meat and cook together for a few minutes. I have never measured the spices. I would estimate about 1 teaspoon of everything but the cayenne pepper. Do this to taste based on how spicy you want it.

Add the rice, and 2 and a half cups of water and the bay leaves. Cover and cook until the rice is done.

[quote name='Jason' post='360347' date='Oct 8 2006, 02:20 PM']Jason's Jammin Jambalaya

3 strips of bacon
half pound of pre-cooked link sausage (andouille or other cajun is recommended, Bob Evans smoked sausage isn't bad, [b]DO NOT[/b], under [b]ANY[/b] circumstances use Itallian sausage)
half pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
half pound of other meat of your choice (I usually use crawfish if available, and shrimp if it's not)
1 and a quarter cups white, not instant rice
1 medium white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 clove of garlic
white pepper
black pepper
cayenne pepper (dry)
Cayenne pepper sauce
salt
paprika
2 bay leaves

A large frying pan

Fry the bacon over medium heat until done. remove the bacon, and break up into bite size pieces. Drain half of the bacon grease (more if you want it lower fat). Fry the chicken breast in the bacon grease. When the chicken is done, remove from the pan, and cut into bite size pieces. Cut the sausage into bite size pieces, and sautee for a few minutes in the bacon grase. Remove the sausage.

Dice the onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Sautee in the bacon grease for a few minutes. Add the pieces of meat and cook together for a few minutes. I have never measured the spices. I would estimate about 1 teaspoon of everything but the cayenne pepper. Do this to taste based on how spicy you want it.

Add the rice, and 2 and a half cups of water and the bay leaves. Cover and cook until the rice is done.[/quote]

i'll have to pass on the pork, but everything else sound great [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img]

Chicken and Dumplings

boil one whole chicken for 2 hours in salt water and pepper then remove and add water to pot until half full then cut up some celery and carrots (optional, most people don't use them but I do for the extra nutrition) take meat off chicken and add to pot, then add 1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup and stir good and bring to boil.

take some all purpose flour (must be all purpose and NOT self rising) and mix with water until you get a dough then drop small pieces in boiling pot.

I got a a few

Taco dip

Get a casserole dish

layer the following in this order

refried beans
chopped fresh green onions
1 diced tomato
1 small can of sliced black olives
1 small bottle of green sliced olives
1 packet of shredded cheddar cheese
1 16 oz of sour cream
1 bottle of salsa( hot for hot) but if you dont like hot, then medium. it needs some spice

its good. serve with tortillo chips

Seasoned Meatballs

get a crockpot

need 2-3 bottles of Sweet and Sour sauce
1 5 pound bag of seasoned meatballs
pour sauce on meatballs
put in crock pot and cook on low overnight
serve with cheese

Cherry Cheesecake

buy 1 premade crust
buy 1 can of cherry's
mix in a bowl ( 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1teaspoon of vanilla, 1/3 of a cup of lemon juice, and i block of creme cheese)

mix together with a hand mixer

pour into crust. put in fridge for like 5 hours

top with cherry's and enjoy

top with

Couple of things I suck at for cooking

[b]Bread[/b] Can't seem to make a homeade bread thats worth a shit -_- anyone got a good recipe?

[b]Breaded pork chops [/b] for some reason I can do chicken right but just can't get my breaded pork chops tender and where the breading doesn't fall off :( I've tried high heat, low heat, dipping in egg first and just about everything but I can't get it right

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='362421' date='Oct 11 2006, 10:18 PM']please quit bumping this thread... everytime i see it i read it as "if you like the cock," and start giggling like a schoolgirl[/quote]

Sorry that you get all excited and your hopes up about a cock ;)

[quote name='Storm' post='362432' date='Oct 11 2006, 06:42 PM']Sorry that you get all excited and your hopes up about a cock ;)[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Archived