Chris Perry

he is eligible to come back.. havnet heard a single word.. but i was told he could been back by week 3-4. but with watson here went ahead and gave him 6 weeks to fully recover... he will be a breath of fresh air just in time for a hard stretch of 5-6 tough games..

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='ravonaf' post='360892' date='Oct 9 2006, 11:54 AM']I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure something will break on Mr. Glass his first practice back.[/quote]

that's the spirit. :ugh2:

[quote name='ravonaf' post='360892' date='Oct 9 2006, 11:54 AM']I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure something will break on Mr. Glass his first practice back.[/quote]

So a sports hernia is something that can be prevented? And a late decision by the team's medical staff for Chris to have surgery on his ankle and knee when he had been rehabbing already is his fault? This whole "Mr. Glass" thing is a joke to me. Then again, these are the same guys who will be singing his praises when he gets back and starts pounding defenses again.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='360906' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:04 PM']So a sports hernia is something that can be prevented? And a late decision by the team's medical staff for Chris to have surgery on his ankle and knee when he had been rehabbing already is his fault? This whole "Mr. Glass" thing is a joke to me. Then again, these are the same guys who will be singing his praises when he gets back and starts pounding defenses again.[/quote]

stop making sense, Ravonof's hit the head on the nail. Chrissy Perry is a pussy cause he had to have ankle surgey after a mis-diagnosis and a sports hernia surgery that required two surgeries, what a fucking pussy. Ravonof's manliness is can accept the wimpy Perry and his girly man injuries, why are making excuses for that soft and brittle excuse of football player?

This team is fulled with Mr. Glass's, Perry, Palmer, Pollack, D.Jackson, Braham, etc...The whole stinkin lot of them!!!!

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='360906' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:04 PM']So a sports hernia is something that can be prevented? And a late decision by the team's medical staff for Chris to have surgery on his ankle and knee when he had been rehabbing already is his fault? This whole "Mr. Glass" thing is a joke to me. Then again, these are the same guys who will be singing his praises when he gets back and starts pounding defenses again.[/quote]

These are also the same guys who curse perry (and pollack to a lesser degree) while wearing their TJ jersey's and fail to understand the irony in that.

Guest BlueKat

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='360912' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:12 PM']These are also the same guys who curse perry (and pollack to a lesser degree) while wearing their TJ jersey's and fail to understand the irony in that.[/quote]
:lol:
I was thinking the exact same thing Jamie. Well said!
Perry will ease the Henry loss, but of course wont get credit for it.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='360941' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:38 PM']I doubt seriously Chris Perry stays healthy enough to play in the last eleven games...[/quote]

thanks doc

[quote name='Jumpy' post='360922' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:18 PM']Mr Glass my ass. Hey that rhymes. He'll be fine and we'll have that great one-two punch again. He's the Reggie to our Deuce.[/quote]

Except for the fact that his style of play is much more likened to that of Duece's. More like he's the Willie Parker to our Jerome fat fuck fat fuck bettis.

But I don't know if you actually want to say that.

Can we at least get the filters capitalized? They'd look much more real, like they really belong if they were capitalized.

Guest ravonaf

You act as if people are blaming him. It's certainly not his fault he always gets injured. Just like it's not my fault I can't throw a football 50 yards. Those things are still facts though. Do you blame the glass when it drops from a table and shatters? No. You just accept the fact that it's going to break when it drops and move on.

You know what? I most certainly will sing his praise if he comes back and puts up some good numbers. It would be pretty hypocrital of me not too. What kind of fucktard wouldn't? You should always give a player credit when he deserves it. I'm not sure why you think he would ever pound a defense however. He's never done that and I doubt he ever will. He's a third down back. He doesn't pound defenses, that's Rudi's job.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='360982' date='Oct 9 2006, 02:17 PM']You act as if people are blaming him. It's certainly not his fault he always gets injured. Just like it's not my fault I can't throw a football 50 yards. Those things are still facts though. Do you blame the glass when it drops from a table and shatters? No. You just accept the fact that it's going to break when it drops and move on.

You know what? I most certainly will sing his praise if he comes back and puts up some good numbers. It would be pretty hypocrital of me not too. What kind of fucktard wouldn't? You should always give a player credit when he deserves it. I'm not sure why you think he would ever pound a defense however. He's never done that and I doubt he ever will. He's a third down back. He doesn't pound defenses, that's Rudi's job.[/quote]

Sure sounds like you are trying to sit on the fence here (insert pun). You rag on his durability and the certainty that he will again get hurt but then you turn around and say you will be up out of your seat cheering for him when he returns. You'll also be the first guy to post on this board if Perry were to get hurt again saying "I told you so" and posting the link to your comment.

So in that line of thinking........."Man, that Carson Palmer NEVER finishes a season and always goes down with some sort of leg injury. He's too fragile but i love him when he plays!" :0stfu:

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='360910' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:11 PM']stop making sense, Ravonof's hit the head on the nail. Chrissy Perry is a pussy cause he had to have ankle surgey after a mis-diagnosis and a sports hernia surgery that required two surgeries, what a fucking pussy. Ravonof's manliness is can accept the wimpy Perry and his girly man injuries, why are making excuses for that soft and brittle excuse of football player?

This team is fulled with Mr. Glass's, Perry, Palmer, Pollack, D.Jackson, Braham, etc...The whole stinkin lot of them!!!![/quote]

Let me guess. You were one of the people saying we would have a top 5 defense by now? I call it as I see it and I down sugar coat it. I don't have faith and I don't think a thing is going to happen just because I want it to happen. Players or teams have to earn my respect. If a player is always injured then until he shows me something I have no reason to believe he won't continue to always be injured.

I don't claim to always be right but certain things are just a given. It's a given we are going to the playoffs this year and it's a given Chris Perry is injury prone. Yes, other players have injury problems in the past and now they no longer do. Those players have proven to me that they can stay healthy. When Mr. Glass proves that then he will no longer be Mr. Glass.

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='360989' date='Oct 9 2006, 02:24 PM']Sure sounds like you are trying to sit on the fence here (insert pun). You rag on his durability and the certainty that he will again get hurt but then you turn around and say you will be up out of your seat cheering for him when he returns. You'll also be the first guy to post on this board if Perry were to get hurt again saying "I told you so" and posting the link to your comment.

So in that line of thinking........."Man, that Carson Palmer NEVER finishes a season and always goes down with some sort of leg injury. He's too fragile but i love him when he plays!" :0stfu:[/quote]

I guess you will never get it. Let me spell it out for you. When he goes down again I will tell you I told you so. If he doesn't I will admit I was wrong and give him the praise he rightfully deservers. Is that so hard to understand or are you just trying to be an ass?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='ravonaf' post='360992' date='Oct 9 2006, 02:29 PM']Let me guess. You were one of the people saying we would have a top 5 defense by now? I call it as I see it and I down sugar coat it. I don't have faith and I don't think a thing is going to happen just because I want it to happen. Players or teams have to earn my respect. If a player is always injured then until he shows me something I have no reason to believe he won't continue to always be injured.

I don't claim to always be right but certain things are just a given. It's a given we are going to the playoffs this year and it's a given Chris Perry is injury prone. Yes, other players have injury problems in the past and now they no longer do. Those players have proven to me that they can stay healthy. When Mr. Glass proves that then he will no longer be Mr. Glass.[/quote]

I'm sure Chris Perry is up late at night thinking of ways he can earn your respect, you really need to get over yourself.

If all of the decision makers felt conifident enough in Perry to make him the first round pick then obiviuosly they saw something in him that impressed the hell out of them. In college Perry was one of the durable backs every, I believe he carried the ball over 400 times in a season. Due to the nature of the extremely violent game that is football injuries are going to happen, that is a fact. Every player will suffer an injury in one form or another, in Perry's case these injuries happened early in his career and they need additional attention after they were thought to be dealt with.

If you want to give Perry a disrespectful nickname because of this that's your right, but it would seem like a logically fan would understand Perry's situation and if anything hope for his return as he can help our team win the SuperBowl.

Sorry I confused you for a logical fan of the Bengals.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='361022' date='Oct 9 2006, 03:33 PM']I'm sure Chris Perry is up late at night thinking of ways he can earn your respect, you really need to get over yourself.

If all of the decision makers felt conifident enough in Perry to make him the first round pick then obiviuosly they saw something in him that impressed the hell out of them. In college Perry was one of the durable backs every, I believe he carried the ball over 400 times in a season. Due to the nature of the extremely violent game that is football injuries are going to happen, that is a fact. Every player will suffer an injury in one form or another, in Perry's case these injuries happened early in his career and they need additional attention after they were thought to be dealt with.

If you want to give Perry a disrespectful nickname because of this that's your right, but it would seem like a logically fan would understand Perry's situation and if anything hope for his return as he can help our team win the SuperBowl.

Sorry I confused you for a logical fan of the Bengals.[/quote]

Hey, I never claimed my opinion or my respect meant shit. It's means about as much as yours which is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Here I thought this board was for Bengal fans to discuss the Bengals. You want to trash me and others for a nickname to a player who can't stay healthy then feel free. But do you really care that much? Or is the real reason it bothers you so much because there is a hint of truth in our sarcasm?

By the way. Have you seen Chris Perry's new action figure? It's on sale now I think.

[img]http://www.andgor.com/Customs/Unbreakable_MrGlass.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='360912' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:12 PM']These are also the same guys who curse perry (and pollack to a lesser degree) while wearing their TJ jersey's and fail to understand the irony in that.[/quote]

The people that knock Perry do it because either they love the buckeyes, or because he's been fucked by the teams medical staff and until now they've claimed they had no knowledge of it.

The people that knock Pollack (like myself) realized he sucked, sucks, and always will. Durability isnt an issue.. its his lack of talent at the LB position, and lack of physical tools, size and ability to play DE in the big league.

Lets not get confused folks, Perry has shown his worth when he has been healthy. a series of unfortunate events (misdiagonsis, nagging injury, etc.) have limited his time on the field. [b]IF[/b] he is able to return im certain he will make an immediate impact.

Pollack on the other hand has been a sub-par LB at best struggling to earn a starting spot on a team thats really not as talented as many may think at this position. His play, or lack there of has spoke for itself.

bottom line... With a healthy Perry in the backfield either 3rd down or alongside Rudi poses an immediate threat and is a valueble asset to the team. The loss of Pollack carries no weight and shouldnt have even been brought into this thread.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='361033' date='Oct 9 2006, 03:49 PM']The people that knock Perry do it because either they love the buckeyes, or because he's been fucked by the teams medical staff and until now they've claimed they had no knowledge of it.

The people that knock Pollack (like myself) realized he sucked, sucks, and always will. Durability isnt an issue.. its his lack of talent at the LB position, and lack of physical tools, size and gift to play DE in the big league.
Lets not get confused folks, Perry has shown his worth when he has been healthy. a series of unfortunate events (misdiagonsis, nagging injury, etc.) have limited his time on the field. [b]IF[/b] he is able to return im certain he will make an immediate impact.

[b]Pollack on the other hand has been a sub-par LB at best struggling to earn a starting spot on a team thats really not as talented as many may think at this position. His play, or lack there of has spoke for itself. [/b]

bottom line... With a healthy Perry in the backfield either 3rd down or alongside Rudi poses an immediate threat and is a valueble asset to the team. The loss of Pollack carries no weight and shouldnt have even been brought into this thread.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

There are no sympathy points in the NFL. Perry has been hurt more than healthy. We can all rationalize that it is not his fault the guy is hurt. Bottom line the guy can not stay healthy. No one is going to look back in two years and say "well the Bengals were unlucky".

I've been on the record on this board that Perry is reaching bust status. I know that word - BUST - gets people's blood boiling. It's not a matter of fault, or unforeseen circumstances, or injury. In my simple mind is did the guy produce. Sure I will cut Marvin a break in any criticism because of the situation that was unforeseen. But being hurt does not negate the Bust status in my opinion.

I hope as much as anyone Perry can shake his "glass" status. The guy can be a difference maker. Anyone remember what Marvin called TJ......... CHINA DOLL.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='361033' date='Oct 9 2006, 03:49 PM']The people that knock Perry do it because either they love the buckeyes, or because he's been fucked by the teams medical staff and until now they've claimed they had no knowledge of it.

[b]The people that knock Pollack (like myself) realized he sucked, sucks, and always will. Durability isnt an issue.. its his lack of talent at the LB position, and lack of physical tools, size and ability to play DE in the big league.[/b]

[b]Pollack on the other hand has been a sub-par LB at best struggling to earn a starting spot on a team thats really not as talented as many may think at this position. His play, or lack there of has spoke for itself. [/b]

bottom line... With a healthy Perry in the backfield either 3rd down or alongside Rudi poses an immediate threat and is a valueble asset to the team. The loss of Pollack carries no weight and shouldnt have even been brought into this thread.[/quote]

what a joke... the only thing i need to do to dispute this post, is to say that you also used to say palmer sucked and always would... :wave:

Archived