Marge Schott

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[color="red"][b]Marge Schott What are your thoughts ????

Here's Bill Mahers [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [/b][/color]

Marge Schott is dead at 75. The controversial former owner of the Reds got her last wish: she was carried to her final resting place by six black men, each of whom was tipped a quarter. Some will choose to remember this special lady for her sense of humor, like when she called Dave Parker her “million dollar nigger”. Others will recall her unique view of history, such as when she said “Hitler was good at the beginning, but he went too far.”-- presumably a reference to Moscow. As for me, I choose to remember Mrs. Schott when she was at her happiest: buying, selling, and trading black men as the owner of a baseball team.

Guest BlackJesus
[color="red"][b]What would this thread be without a photo :blink: [/b][/color]

[img]http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/Brad_20Pitt.jpg[/img]

[b]As for my thoughts - I think she probably was racist and probably got a bad wrap from the press (yes you can be both) Her comment on Hitler although has some historical accuracy lacks any knowledge of his detrimental damage to the rest of the European continent and her usage of slurs well - She should have known better as an owner of a million dollar corporation[/b]

I have mixed feelings on this, while I agree she was a racict and ignorant. None of us can doubt her love for the game and her willingness to do what needed to be done to win. So in life ... total disagreement, in baseball shes been missed since uncle carl took over.

A rich white person from the "old school" of racism, the kind you're born with and cannot ever cover up completely.
A baseball fan.
A chain-smokin', rare prime-rib eatin', whiskey-voiced old woman.
A philanthropist.
An animal lover (especially those annoying little schnauzers or whatever the fuck they were...Schottzie I-XXIV)
A proud woman.
A widow.
A stickler for rules (remember how she wouldn't let players wear earrings or have facial hair? Crazy.)
Marge was all these and probably more...but this is all I know of her, some from reading about her and some from social interaction with her (I waited on her a couple times when I used to work at Chester's Roadhouse in Montgomery...she was a regular, always ordered bloody prime rib, always smoked cigs while she ate and always came in with an entourage of blue-haired busybodies...but she always picked up the check and tipped well too.)
I'm not glad she's dead but her ownership of the Reds ended at about the right time...plus she couldn't stop pissing people off...

[quote name='StevieG' date='Jan 19 2005, 11:54 AM']An animal lover (especially those annoying little schnauzers or whatever the fuck they were...Schottzie I-XXIV)

[right][post="36881"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Annoying little schnauzers???

They were St. Bernards silly....

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jan 26 2005, 02:10 PM']Fuck Marge Schott, does anyone know were she is buried so I can get silly drunk and piss on her grave?
[right][post="39542"][/post][/right][/quote]

I think they burried her at the Alamo, so when you go tell the cops your name is Ozzy Ozbourne after you do the deed.

:P

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jan 19 2005, 04:54 PM']A rich white person from the "old school" of racism, the kind you're born with and cannot ever cover up completely.
A baseball fan.
A chain-smokin', rare prime-rib eatin', whiskey-voiced old woman.
A philanthropist.
An animal lover (especially those annoying little schnauzers or whatever the fuck they were...Schottzie I-XXIV)
A proud woman.
A widow.
A stickler for rules (remember how she wouldn't let players wear earrings or have facial hair?  Crazy.)
Marge was all these and probably more...but this is all I know of her, some from reading about her and some from social interaction with her (I waited on her a couple times when I used to work at Chester's Roadhouse in Montgomery...she was a regular, always ordered bloody prime rib, always smoked cigs while she ate and always came in with an entourage of blue-haired busybodies...but she always picked up the check and tipped well too.)
I'm not glad she's dead but her ownership of the Reds ended at about the right time...plus she couldn't stop pissing people off...
[right][post="36881"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I couldn't agree more with this....
her racism came honestly because obviously thats
how she was brought up (not that it makes it right)
over all I think she was pretty cool.

I'm not saying Marge wasn't of need of help. But she is from the 'old days' and her hubby had the dealership in Nortucky and that's the way she was. She did keep the team here when the talk was of them leaving back then.[img]http://espn.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/marge_schott.jpg[/img]
You don't see Carl doing this. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

Archived