College Basketball

JC

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='368751' date='Oct 22 2006, 02:41 AM']that woudl be the downfall of UK LOL. Thad Matta is going to be busted for paying players soon. Just wait, i know from a couple of personal stories. He will get busted, Huggins is lucky he didnt get busted at UC.
agreed.
OSU isnt the top athletic department in the country lol. Top 5 yes, but not top. Their bball has been a joke for a long time except for a couple of decent years. They have a good football, but all around they arent that great, def. not top department.[/quote]

College coaches playing players? C'mon thats about as ridiculous as thinking NCH recruited Walker and Mayo :rolleyes:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Storm' post='368765' date='Oct 21 2006, 11:10 PM']College coaches playing players? C'mon thats about as ridiculous as thinking NCH recruited Walker and Mayo :rolleyes:[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='368751' date='Oct 22 2006, 03:41 AM']OSU isnt the top athletic department in the country lol. Top 5 yes, but not top. Their bball has been a joke for a long time except for a couple of decent years. They have a good football, but all around they arent that great, def. not top department.[/quote]
OSU athletics >>>> UK
not even close

now I do agree, that UK B-ball has historically been better (and might still be, we'll find out soon), but I'm with oldschooler on this. With OSU's overall athletic department/facilities and deep pockets, I see no reason why Matta would leave for UK.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='368057' date='Oct 20 2006, 10:21 AM'][size=6][color="#3333FF"]FUCK UC, FUCK DUKE, ANYONE WITH A BRAIN KNOWS IT'S ALL ABOUT:[/color][/size]

[img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2686/wildcatsyx8.gif[/img][/quote]

:thumbsup: :headbang:

I bleed blue!!!! I love UK so much! :wub:

I root against Duke, UNC, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida. UNC is going to be for real this year, along with Florida and Kansas. Those are the top teams to win the championship in my book. I hate them though.

For all you OSU fans, they're going to be good this year. 2 words. Greg Oden but they're not winning a championship. Get real, it's Columbus, that only happens in Lexington!!

The Bearcats will be dreadful this season, they won't even get into the BE tourney.

I just hope that the Cats don't suck so much this year. I love them and they're horrid season caused me so much pain last year. I have ulcers just thinking about it.

I also like the Memphis Tigers and Florida State in college bball, but I'm not a real fan or anything.

GO UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Bluegrass Bengal' post='370163' date='Oct 22 2006, 09:24 PM']:thumbsup: :headbang:

I bleed blue!!!! I love UK so much! :wub:

I root against Duke, UNC, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida. UNC is going to be for real this year, along with Florida and Kansas. Those are the top teams to win the championship in my book. I hate them though.

For all you OSU fans, they're going to be good this year. 2 words. Greg Oden but they're not winning a championship. Get real, it's Columbus, that only happens in Lexington!!

The Bearcats will be dreadful this season, they won't even get into the BE tourney.

I just hope that the Cats don't suck so much this year. I love them and they're horrid season caused me so much pain last year. I have ulcers just thinking about it.

I also like the Memphis Tigers and Florida State in college bball, but I'm not a real fan or anything.

GO UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
ok, i hate UC, but i will guarantee they are dancing in march.

[quote]QUOTE(Bunghole @ Oct 21 2006, 06:42 PM)

I want IU to get better. I want every school in the tristate to be good, so our region can dominate the country.
I've been to a UK Midnight Madness....I find it hard to believe that anyone would depict it so inferior to another school's Madness celebration. Ah well.
My biggest beef with UK is the old people in Rupp Arena that have had season tickets for decades and never clap, cheer, stand up or anything. Rupp needs a crazier atmosphere, it's too staid and stuffy at times.[/quote]

There is nothing worse than a quiet crowd, even in a packed house. Football at UVa was like that. Plenty of butts in the stands, but no one watching, or more importantly, SCREAMING. Drove me friggin crazy...[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='368611' date='Oct 21 2006, 01:45 PM']There is nothing worse than a quiet crowd, even in a packed house. Football at UVa was like that. Plenty of butts in the stands, but no one watching, or more importantly, SCREAMING. Drove me friggin crazy...[/quote]

I had UK season tickets last year for bball (very hard to come by and very expensive ;) ) but I had them. Although we had one of the worst seasons in my lifetime, the old people drove me nuts. There are your rowdy, crazy young fans in the student section and scattered throughout who scream their heads off and liven the place up, then there are your middle aged couples who do their fair share of screaming as well, then you come to the people over 60. They come crawling in with their oxygen tanks to their $10,000 season tickets in lower arena that they have had in their rich families for eons and they sit there and totally hurt the atmosphere. UK has the craziest and greatest fans in the world (aka me), but none of them are at the games, where we need them to give the team a boost. The school needs to sell more student tickets and help bring Rupp up to speed.

There's 24,000 seats in Rupp and if they were all filled with wild and crazy fans in blue, it'd be a great place to be!!

Although are atmosphere is lacking right now because of the geezers, our Midnight Madness is still the best in the country.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='372481' date='Oct 26 2006, 11:20 AM']:D[/quote]
:D

Actually, I'm more excited about UConn this year than last. Those fellas were too laid back--most of them knew they would be in the NBA. This new crop is mostly freshmen and sophomores. They'll either be pretty good or middle of the pack in the Big East.

I also think this is the year that folks down here in Lex give Tubby some love. UK is better than people think.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='372940' date='Oct 27 2006, 03:15 AM']:D

Actually, I'm more excited about UConn this year than last. Those fellas were too laid back--most of them knew they would be in the NBA. This new crop is mostly freshmen and sophomores. They'll either be pretty good or middle of the pack in the Big East.

I also think this is the year that folks down here in Lex give Tubby some love. UK is better than people think.[/quote]

People in Lexington need to get off Tubby's back, he's a damn good coach. .

Homer, watch out for Hasheem Thabeet, a 7'2' freshman center for UCONN. Heard he is the real deal and could declare for the NBA now if he wanted.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='382033' date='Nov 9 2006, 03:05 AM']People in Lexington need to get off Tubby's back, he's a damn good coach. .[/quote]

No doubt he's a damn good coach unfortunetly he can't recruit worth a shit and in college BB thats pretty important.

When Tubby took over, UK was the benchmark for championship basketball but they are a shell of their former self being passed up by mid major colleges and their talent level is closer to a Xavier than a NC or Duke

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='j.5000022' post='382760' date='Nov 10 2006, 12:21 PM']I like uc but, the best team this year is gona be kansas and Ohio State[/quote]
neither will reach the national championship.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='368748' date='Oct 22 2006, 02:38 AM']Storm, quit dreaming.

Ohio State is taking care of Thad already and he hasn`t won shit yet.
They`re not going to just let him walk away, without a fight.
He has it in his contract where he can renegotiate and be paid like
one of the top coaches, depending on how his team finishes.
I really don`t know why he would want to leave a place
where he is building the foundation. And being able to do it his way.

[b]Why the hell would he want to coach in Kentucky anyway ?
He isn`t going to be able to recruit any better there., than he will at Ohio State.
He isn`t going to make any more money there, than he will at Ohio State.
And he would have more pressure on him there, than he does at Ohio State.[/b]

Like I said, quit dreaming...[/quote]

Can I have a motherfucking dream? :contract:

Pretty sure he could make more money at UK and UK is a more prestigious job, and face the fact that Thad is working his way to the top towards an elite job, he has used every job as a stepping stone on his way to a premier job and as much as OSU fans don't want to admit it they aren't a UK, NC or a Duke type of program and if he builds them to that level then he will leave for bluer pastures for certain

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='372940' date='Oct 27 2006, 12:45 AM']:D

I also think this is the year that folks down here in Lex give Tubby some love. UK is better than people think.[/quote]

Well see about GMU you dont lose 3 seniors and still play to the same level.

[quote name='#22' post='382875' date='Nov 10 2006, 09:25 PM']UK will make it to the Sweet Sixteen this year.
Perry Stevenson is the 2nd coming of Tayshaun Prince.[/quote]

Now we don't even wish for final fours or championships?

Teams like Xavier hope to make it to the seet 16

Fucking sad

Guest schotzee
[img]http://orballer53190.tripod.com/jakesblog/tarheel.gif[/img]
I bleed this blue.

Love UC also [img]http://www.sportslogos.net/images/College/NCAAa-c/Cinci_2448.gif[/img]

Archived